[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's your controllers, Bro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 20160113_141209.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160113_141209.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I bought a bunch so you can have your choice. Now you got nothing to complain about!
>>
>>2914236
Hell yes, Sidewinder controller! Thanks bro!
>>
>>2914238
It's definitely the pick of the litter
>>
The ones with the best dpad are wireless
>>
>>2914243
Yup and sold with no receiver
>>
File: 71XEXGYBPSL._SX300_.jpg (8KB, 300x193px) Image search: [Google]
71XEXGYBPSL._SX300_.jpg
8KB, 300x193px
Thanks bro, but I got my own.
>>
>>2914236
>bottom row middle and right

oh hay, psx controllers with a Saturn d-pad! That might be pretty darn useful.

>characters control with analog only

oh snap.
>>
>>2914268
Name one ps1 game other than super monkey ball for which this is true
>>
>>2914332
super monkey ball was on ps2
and there are a shitload of ps2 games that wont work with non analog pads
>>
>>2914332
Super Monkey Ball 2
>>
>>2914337
It doesn't look like a PS2 pad. Going by context it doesn't seem to be a PS1 pad either.
>>
>>2914337

We're on /vr/, so we must pretend PS2 doesn't exist
>>
File: Powerglove 2.0.jpg (109KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
Powerglove 2.0.jpg
109KB, 1000x750px
>>2914236
Bro, do you even powergame?
>>
>>2914359
That left one actually looks pretty fucking bitchin like an ascii grip on steroids. What is that?
>>
>>2914337
My bad I meant ape escape

>>2914340
They're definitely ps1 controllers
>>
>>2914332
>Name one ps1 game other than super monkey ball for which this is true

It's an infrared wireless pad with a "1P / TV / 2P" switch on it. It might not even be a Playstation pad, but a PC one. In which case lack of analog might affect quite a bunch of games.
>>
>>2914362
It was a PS controller, Gamester Evolution Motion Sensitive Controller, imagine a kind of grandfather to the Wii Nunchucks.
I tried one back in the day for Ace Combat 3, it wasn't too bad considering the tech of the time, pretty costly though.
>>
>>2914374
I'd that not a dpad under the thumb but rather a grip for holding tightly as you whip it around physically?
>>
>>2914365
Well then.
Ape Escape 2.

Your move, motherfucker.
>>
File: 20160114_174555.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160114_174555.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Every last one of those pieces of shit sold except the poor Interact because it had a Gameport. It's basically a death sentence
>>
Do you work at Goodwill, OP?
>>
>>2917013
Doesn't gameport have less lag than USB?
How do I add gameport to a modern computer?
What is the difference between gameport, serial, parallel and ps/2?
What controllers are available for each of these plugs?
>>
>>2917168
>Doesn't gameport have less lag than USB?

Technically it might, since gameport is parallel and has interrupts, while USB is serial and the host hardware has to repeatedly poll it for data.

In practice a good gamepad on a modern pc will poll data often enough to minimize lag. And you'll get more lag from other sources (monitor, game logic, drivers, etc) for it to matter.

>How do I add gameport to a modern computer?

You cannot. Modern OS has no support for gamepad port. You are stuck with ten year old WinXP setups.

>What is the difference between gameport, serial, parallel and ps/2?

Gameport is a 15-pin parallel connector intended for 4-button + d-pad based controllers. Pads with more buttons used hardware trickery and were often supported on a per-application basis (under DOS) or with their own driver (under Windows).

Serial port means that the port streams data continuously through few I/o pins or channels. These ports are cheaper to implement due to using less pins, but may not be suitable for all purposes for the same reasons.

Parallel port means that the port transfers high amount of data in parallel, the main disadvantage is that it does so by using more connectors, hence the parallelism. The extra pins may even include hardware interrupts or other control pins.

Generally, serial ports have started using such a high clock rate nowadays, that they are universally sufficient for anything, except for areas where extremely high performance is important. For example the BIOS chip in a PC motherboard can get away by using a serial connection, but a RAM stick will need shit loads of pins because it needs the bandwidth.

ps/2 is an old standardized serial port for mice and keyboards, look it up on Wikipedia for more details.

>What controllers are available for each of these plugs?

All kinds of them.
PS/2 is only for keyboard and mice, obviously.
Gamepad port is for gamepads (duh) and MIDI interfaces.
USB is for everything.
>>
>>2917150
No I just check it errday
good habit
>>
>>2917231
>>2917168
It is possible to use a gameport controller on a modern computer.
You won't have the speed advantage, but it's fairly trivial to program up your microcintroller of choice to interpret the gameport controller and relay that to your computer via usb

Also, ps/2 is really nice because it uses hardware interupts and n-key rollover, meaning that the processor gets any button presses within 1 cycle and you can press as many keys as you want and the computer will get them all, unlike usb.
>>
>>2917247
>Advocates gameport to USB adapters
>Turns around and advocates JPACs
You should go ahead and briefly summarize the different applications for the two since you're on a roll
>>
>>2917252
I wasn't avocating for gameport to usb adaptors, I was just saying it's possible.

Also, what's a JPAC?
I'm not familiar with that term.
>>
File: 41APM6Z3RAL.jpg (21KB, 500x489px) Image search: [Google]
41APM6Z3RAL.jpg
21KB, 500x489px
>>2917013
>Getting cheap gamepad port controllers back in the 90s
>Wow look at all those buttons, my old controller only had two!
>Still only two buttons, the others are turbos or the same two buttons in different spots
Fucking con artists.
>>
>>2917286
lol /g/ you so crazy you come up with all these ideas for things that already exist

You seem aware of gameport-to-usb adapters at least but a JPAC is specifically a little device that converts the JAMMA harness standard from arcade games into PS/2 inputs and VGA inputs into JAMMA video outputs. Generally speaking, any PS/2 breakout being used for gaming purposes may be called a JPAC or IPAC
>>
>>2914359
Heeey my older brother bought me that thing when I was young ! Couldn't make it work properly tho...
>>
>>2914236
Ha, I've got one an old sidewinder boxed up somewhere, haven't seen it in about a decade, I'll have to root it out and play a round of Gradius with it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.