[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vr/ what's the easiest/fastest way to play burned games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 99907sony-playstation.jpg (263KB, 1280x587px) Image search: [Google]
99907sony-playstation.jpg
263KB, 1280x587px
/vr/ what's the easiest/fastest way to play burned games and imports on PSX? I've looked into mod chips and swap discs but not sure what to get.
>>
Have thought about just buying a Jap PS1? You can get them on fleabay for under $50 bucks. If you're not a purest though, just emulate on computer.
>>
>>2910579
I wouldn't mind getting one for Japanese games but I still wouldn't be able to play burned games. I do prefer the original consoles to emulation for the most part.
>>
If anyone even sells PS1 mod chips anymore, I imagine they would be dirt cheap. Of course, you'll need to know how to work a solder to install it. If you want to go that route, make sure the chip you buy is compatible with your specific PlayStation model.

The method I use is a PS-X-change swap disc. I happened to spot it on eBay a while back for like $6, so it was an impulse buy. It comes with a little sticker that you use to tape down part of your PSOne's lid so the console believes the lid is closed at all times, which allows you to swap discs in the first place. The drawback is that some multi-disc games won't work correctly. e.g. You won't be able to switch to disc 2 of Parasite Eve (*) since the game will be unable to detect when you've opened the lid on the console. I believe games that prompt you to save before switching to the next disc are fine though.

The swap disc allows you to play both burned discs and imports. (Only NTSC-J games on an NTSC-U console, though) For burned games, you need to make sure you're downloading an accurate rip of the game, and that you use quality media to burn it, such as Taiyo Yuden or JVC discs. The PS1 is very fickle about this. If the rip you've downloaded isn't absolutely perfect, or you're using some cheap media like Verbatim discs you bought at Walmart, then the games aren't going to work, or there's going to be shit like FMV stutter or random lock-ups.

* I get around the multi-disc compatibility issues by backing up my memory cards, running the game in an emulator on my desktop, and saving my progress after switching to the next disc. Then I copy the data back to my memory card and resume playing on my PSOne. I suppose it's a lot of hassle, though.

Alternatively, there may be GameShark codes for this sort of thing. The swap disc allows you to input GS codes before loading your game.
>>
>>2910595
Thanks for all the info. Looks like I need to find a swap disk. Anyone have experience with this particular one?
http://www.mod-chip.net/breaker-pro-mod-chip-cd.htm
>>
>>2910549
http://ps-io.com/
>>
>>2910693

Don't bother with this. It's overpriced and requires soldering.
>>
>>2910704
Yeah, definitely not the easiest way.
>>
>>2910616

Never tried that brand, but this is the one I bought for my PSOne: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-X-CHANGE-Version-2-Play-imported-games-on-your-PS-console-/281295571856?hash=item417e85cb90:g:gYwAAOxyhXRTM3eC

It's more expensive than what I paid a couple of years ago. You may want to do some research and see if there are any sites that sell it for less.
>>
>>2910732
Thanks for this. I'll probably just go ahead and pick this one up. Pretty cheap to be able to play most PS1 games.
>>
>>2910732
>Bottom of disc is silver - only plays import and not backup games!

Coming from someone who already has a copy of the thing, that's bullshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.