[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >Just beat Quake 2 I am so late to the party it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Quake2box.jpg (22KB, 328x400px) Image search: [Google]
Quake2box.jpg
22KB, 328x400px
>2016
>Just beat Quake 2

I am so late to the party it's not even funny...
>>
>>2909252
The single player was pretty atrocious in Quake 2. The only saving grace is the stellar soundtrack.
>>
>>2909261
I thought the single player was pretty good. The soundtrack for me was the weakest part. A real step backwards from the quake 1 soundtrack.

Meathead metal chugging just doesn't give the same great atmosphere.
>>
>>2909261

What. I liked it a lot. It added a lot more varied environments than Quake 1, so you could make out where the hell you were at all times. Now, Quake 1 had better pacing for sure, but I like the single player in Q2 as well.
>>
>>2909252
Late or not, congratulations mate. Did you see the Tank Commander and his harem at the end?
>>
I wish I had been born maybe 4 or 5 years earlier, this era of PC gaming always seemed amazing to me.
>>
>>2909261
I wouldn't call it atrocious, but it has a style between Quake 1 and Half Life that isn't as good as either in my opinion.

It was pretty great for co-op though, and the level design had some good ideas that would have been amazing with more inspired implementation. Most fun I had with it was playing the Weapons Factory team fortress-like mod in my youth.
>>
File: 71QkGiIkJIL.jpg (199KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
71QkGiIkJIL.jpg
199KB, 500x500px
>>2909505
At least you got to enjoy the soundtrack. This was my experience.
>Get quake 2 on steam
>Steam isn't allowed to include the soundtrack because of some licensing bullshit
>I start playing anyways because I could just find a patch for it later
>Start getting really into it
>Suddenly Shrek starts singing christmas carols
>Be confused as fuck because it's my first play-through
I soon realized that I had pic related in my CD drive, and quake automatically reads whatever mp3s are in the disc drive.
>>
>>2909261
I really liked everything about Quake 2.

Especially the Strogg and planet Stroggos.
>>
>>2909261
it's atrocious in comparison to quake 1 but solid nonetheless
>>
>>2909261
Better than Unreal's.
>>
File: 1452021325959.png (36KB, 268x237px) Image search: [Google]
1452021325959.png
36KB, 268x237px
>>2909948
I did. It was so kek.
>>
Am i the only one who preferred Quake 2 for N64? It felt like an entirely new game, and i love the single player on it. Its a short game but i have more fun playing through it than the original.
>>
>>2910128
>quake automatically reads whatever mp3s are in the disc drive.
I'm not sure where you got that idea from. The CD you had must have been an audio CD because Quake 1 and 2 both support only redbook audio for music. Maybe the CD was a mixed mode disc that had mp3s as well as audio tracks, but I guarentee you the mp3s were not being played through Q2.
>>
File: 1452097651018.jpg (25KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452097651018.jpg
25KB, 240x320px
>>2910128
Why do you even have that disc?!
>>
>>2910128
>>2910382
>>2910425
kek
>>
>>2910128

I guess I lucked out having a collection of classical music stuck in the disc tray when I played Quake (which also played whatever was on your disc drive if the soundtrack wasn't there).

Air on a G-String blaring while fending off a bunch of Shamblers is oddly fitting.
>>
You just beat Quake 2? Is that what you renamed your dick for tonight?
>>
>2016
>watch horror masterpiece movie from the '30s
I'm so late to the party... wait, it doesn't fucking matter.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.