[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cyberpunk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 14

File: 64061-Snatcher_(U)-1.jpg (41KB, 500x320px) Image search: [Google]
64061-Snatcher_(U)-1.jpg
41KB, 500x320px
I'm playing Snatcher for the first time right now, just finished act 2, and I really really like it.
What are some other good cyberpunk games, preferably with a Bladerunner-esque/technoir feeling? I know about Bladerunner for PC and Shadow Run, but I'm not that interested in Shadow Run.
>>
Tetris is pretty dope and also widely considered as being the spiritual predecessor to Snatcher.
>>
>>2907880
uhhh

deus ex maybe? there's SMT which is sometimes kind of hard boiled and cyberpunk-ish

I'm honestly having a lot of trouble with this one even if I go into modern games, hardly anything goes that route of cybertech, grit, and manliness anymore.

and of course nothing will look or feel as good as snatcher
>>
>>2907880
Rise of the Dragon.
its for sega cd or pc
sounds right up your ally.
>>
>>2907880
That GITS game for the PlayStation maybe?

Also you beat the good part, the third act is awful.
>>
I have a pc and a psp. How do I go about playing snatchersnatched?
>>
shadowrun on snes and genny

snes is a cross between a point and click and action rpg and genesis version is an open world rpg that follows the pen and paper game closer
>>
>>2907885
Gotta check this "Tetris" out then...

>>2907907
Yeah this style of gritty cyberpunk seems to be dead, nowadays everything is so polished and shiny.

>>2907914
Looks quite okay, gonna check that out.

>>2907918
Ghost in the Shell was awesome, don't know if the game itself is what I'm looking for. As far as I know most of the game you're inside some tank like vehicle.
Aw man don't take my motivation to finish Snatcher. The everything since entering the basement of Queens has been exhausting...
>>
File: Ad-Shadowrun-SNES-2000x2683.jpg (2MB, 2000x2683px) Image search: [Google]
Ad-Shadowrun-SNES-2000x2683.jpg
2MB, 2000x2683px
>>2907880
Deus Ex is the best recommendation I can imagine. Other one would be Shadowrun on the SNES. Both offer lots of great gaming moments.
>>
>>2907923
I play on PC via Sega CD emulator (Kega Fusion). Works pretty good.

>>2907932
I guess the SNES version is the one for me then.
>>
File: 1409961106630.jpg (217KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
1409961106630.jpg
217KB, 500x594px
>>2907880
>shoves gun in mouth
"Doing drugs?! Those'll kill ya!"
>>
>>2907941
>Yeah this style of gritty cyberpunk seems to be dead, nowadays everything is so polished and shiny.
Honestly I'd love even that sort of 80s/90s clean matte PC aesthetic, like the way the city and people's rooms look in NGE, or even the darker tones from Lain

What I'd still really like is a game set in a place like the junk city under Tiphares in BAL/Gunnm, being a robot with a junk body and slowly having to claw your way up and improve yourself in that degenerate society
>>
>>2907994
Welp, I guess I gotta watch Gunnm now
>>
>>2908004
be sure to read the manga after to compare, it's one of my favorites
>>
>>2907880
System Shock 2
>>
>>2907880
Actually finished Snatcher today, love it.

The only things I could recommend to you are either System Shock or Syndicate, but getting something that plays like Snatcher, you might want to try the Policenauts fan translation.
>>
>>2908094
don't forget about Cobra for the sega CD. its the same style as snatcher gameplay wise.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 640x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 640x449px
Policenauts, cyber city oedo, last resort, the akira visual novel for nes, metal warriors, some smt games, streets of rage, metal gear 2 solid snake, mutation nation, strider 2, undercover cops, eternal city,
>>
File: gfs_24343_2_14.jpg (42KB, 544x480px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_24343_2_14.jpg
42KB, 544x480px
Wait OP, I just remembered Illusion city, maybe that game could be your coup of tea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CXilJIHAbU
>>
>>2907880
< actually not a shit game
>>
File: dreamweb.gif (176KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
dreamweb.gif
176KB, 300x309px
Good point and click adventure.
>>
File: 1434605356486.png (76KB, 454x453px) Image search: [Google]
1434605356486.png
76KB, 454x453px
I'll never understand why Shadowrun was never ported to DOS

It's a PC game, it has no legacy on consoles, every other turn based RPG is seen as the greatest to ever exist on SNES, titles like Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, FF2/3, Ogre Battle, and even fucking Mario RPG which will all be on buzzfeed lists for years. Nobody gives a shit about Shadowrun. It's buried beyond ever existing.
>>
>>2908403
Yeah mouse support would have really been great on that game.
>>
>>2908004
Just skip the anime. It's pretty short and pretty shit compared to the manga.
>>
>>2907994
There's a Gunnm game, anyone knows if it's any good?
They were designs for a videogame by Kishiro at the end of the Gunnm volumes and they were great but i don't know if they were used.
>>
Well OP, Policenauts on PSX is the sequel to Snatcher.

Beneath A Steel Sky, B.A.T., Rise of the Dragon, Bloodnet, Bioforge, Dreamweb are PC cyberpunk adventure games. The original Neuromancer game is also like this, but is getting pretty dated now.

System Shock is a first person cyberpunk action RPG.

Quarantine and Strife are first person shooters in this genre.

Syndicate is a strategy game, and has a 3D sequel Syndicate Wars.

Flashback is a great cyberpunk cinematic platformer. I prefer the Genesis version because the animation runs smoother than SNES. Dat blast processing.

You also might be interested in Read Only Memories (an adventure game styled sorta like a visual novel) and VA-11 HALL-A (a bartending simulator) which are made by different devs but are set in the same universe, though these are new pixel-art games and not /vr/.
>>
>>2908403
>Secret of Mana
>turn based
huh?
>>
File: I don't rike dis.gif (942KB, 253x216px) Image search: [Google]
I don't rike dis.gif
942KB, 253x216px
>>2909031
>on PSX

>is the sequel to Snatcher.
>>
>>2909315
I know it's not a direct sequel to Snatcher.
Should have specified it though.
>>
File: mr_vif.png (22KB, 645x450px) Image search: [Google]
mr_vif.png
22KB, 645x450px
>>2909328
It's a sequel to Snatcher in the sense that Snatcher is a sequel to Metal Gear.
>>
>>2909521
That's my point too.
>>
>>2909521
snatcher > metal gear solid > policenauts

this is an opinion that is not shit
>>
>>2910689
>opinion
>Metal Gear Solid
>put after Snatcher
Did you even play the games?
>>
>>2910852
yes the entire series
>>
>>2909031
>>2909315
Someone should translate Snatcher's PSX port.
>>
>>2908331
>blade runner
>actually not a shit game
A pretty fucking great game even. Minus some of the QTE equivalent moments that are luckily few and far between.
>>
File: bloodnet.jpg (810KB, 1000x1147px) Image search: [Google]
bloodnet.jpg
810KB, 1000x1147px
BloodNET for MsDOS. I have never played it, but I have it on my steam collection and according to steam reviews it's pretty shit. I have to give it a try and see if it's really that bad, the screenshots look really shitty but in that cool cheesy way so it might be cool.
>>
This one has fan translation. Don't know if the game is good.
>>
>>2911449
I owned BloodNet in the 90s when it was new. I've sunk a heap of time into it, got to the last event but never finished it.

I found it fascinating. Keep in mind it came out well before The Matrix or before cyberpunk really became mainstream, you could arguably say genuine new cyberpunk (not post-cyberpunk) was still being made at this time.

BloodNet is a hybrid adventure with RPG elements. You mostly walk around as one character, doing inventory quests and dialog trees, just like any other point-and-click. However you can recruit NPCs to your party. IIRC this affects some dialog/puzzle outcomes.

You also do battle with evil NPCs in a turn-based fashion which in retrospect is similar to JRPGs or TRPGs. I was always shit at this part and it's why I never finished the game as a kid.

The game hasn't held up that well today. The gameplay is probably tedious, the puzzles probably obscure at times (as all adventure games were back then) and the "cyberpunk" sections are probably laughable. I don't think the NPC battles will be fun.

That being said, I have great nostalgia for the graphics and atmosphere, the humor, and the overall experience. The voice acting is decent.

Nostalgia me says give it a go, I loved it and will always have a soft spot for it. Objective 21st century me says watch some YouTube videos of it first.
>>
>>2912392
> "cyberpunk" sections
I meant cyberspace sections sorry.
>>
>>2908352
Was he fucking his pillow?
>>
>>2912413
He was covering his penis, no sex involved.
>>
File: beneathASteelSky.png (79KB, 641x379px) Image search: [Google]
beneathASteelSky.png
79KB, 641x379px
Beneath a Steel Sky.
>>
What about the Judge Dredd game for SNES/Genesis?
>>
File: arena gg.jpg (74KB, 494x688px) Image search: [Google]
arena gg.jpg
74KB, 494x688px
>>2912413
Top left corner, pink shirt, from his girlfriend, who is hidding under the bed.

pic related is a good Game Gear exclusive, but I really don't know which cover art is worse. The European or American..
>>
Devil Summoner 1&2 on Saturn.

Good luck playing them if you don't know JP, though.
>>
>kojima anything ever
ick
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.