[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best retro games that are based on movies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: dh.webm (3MB, 700x560px) Image search: [Google]
dh.webm
3MB, 700x560px
What are the best retro games that are based on movies?
>>
>>2905734
NES games, I think?
>>
Required viewing for/vr/ troopers and people who enjoyed Die Hard Trilogy back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVgokAf416Q
>>
>>2905752
Not retro? Don't post it here, should be pretty obvious how that works. Spiderman on the N64/PSX was decent though.

I'd nominate Willow on the NES even if it is pretty vastly different from the movie. (What NES game wasn't though)
>>
Sweet Home is great.
Also, Aladdin for the Mega Drive.
A whole slew of Star Wars games.

>>2905760
Willow is freaking wild. Love that game.
>>
File: Toy-Story-2-PS1.jpg (143KB, 715x715px) Image search: [Google]
Toy-Story-2-PS1.jpg
143KB, 715x715px
>>
Batman on PC Engine and NES,both are pretty good games.
>>
File: alien 3 gb.jpg (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
alien 3 gb.jpg
44KB, 640x640px
All the Alien 3 games are pretty decent. The Game Boy version is the most unique one. Some sort of crude survival horror game.
True Lies of course.
The Harry Potter games for PS1 and PC by Argonauts.

>>2905787
>A whole slew of Star Wars games.
The few Star Wars games that are actually diretly based on the movies are mediocre at best. And no, Pod Racing is only based on a small part of the movie and is not a game made for the entire movie. Those episode 1 games are shit.

>>2905873
Batman on Amiga is great too.
>>
>>2905792
Simple puzzles, but pretty fun. I have to try to play it again.
>>
File: Alien_Trilogy.jpg (84KB, 359x359px) Image search: [Google]
Alien_Trilogy.jpg
84KB, 359x359px
>>2905734
One of the best Doom clones I've ever played. I specially loved the atmosphere and the soundtrack.
>>
>>2905792
this

aged really well too
>>
>>2905734
punisher
>>
>>2905734
Beetlejuice for the NES is a forgotten gem
>>
File: 298-Die_Hard_Arcade_(U)-1.jpg (107KB, 640x941px) Image search: [Google]
298-Die_Hard_Arcade_(U)-1.jpg
107KB, 640x941px
Even though it's very short and there isn't much replay value and the dude looks nothing like Brice Willis
>>
>>2905931
They are not retro vor /vr/ you dumbfuck,read the rules.
>>
>>2905734
I was always fond of the Star Wars trilogy on SNES.
Those games were balls to the wall hard, but that feeling of accomplishment when you finish a level man.
Feels good.
>>
>>2905949
I ran into an arcade machine back in the late 90s.

it was so god damn fun. I dumped like six bucks into it, and got almost nowhere
>>
>>2905969
The Dreamcast and PS1s aren't retro for sure
>>
File: GoldenEye007box.jpg (62KB, 300x206px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenEye007box.jpg
62KB, 300x206px
My pers. Favorite is super star wars
>>
India Jones Greatest Adventures on the SNES.q Fucking fantastic.
>>
Can't go wrong with Super Empire Strikes Back, in my opinion the best of the SNES trilogy.

https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiNkPDalp_KAhVEDw8KHW2pB5EQtwIIJjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwEQMKADZtvY&usg=AFQjCNHPvzNlA6eYAKcHVKrcFDUUV26azA&sig2=aU-fzaM6GHTeh5w-u5pQxw&bvm=bv.111396085,d.ZWU
>>
>>2905734
Does it have to be based directly on a film, or can it be a spin-off set in the same universe? Because Star Wars had a lot of good spin-offs.
>>
>>2905949
Finished this game tons of times in the arcade. Loved it! I also loved the realism, like how an anti-tank rifle, pointe blank, could knock someone over but took 3-5 shots to kill them =3 seriously though, great game!
>>
True Lies for SNES.

I lost many hours on that game.

Also Judge Dredd (Genesis & SNES).
>>
>>2906974
Shit. I almost forgot one of my favorites.

Mission Impossible for n64. One of the best.
>>
>>2905885
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loves True Lies, which version do you prefer, SNES or Genesis?
>>
Terminator on Sega CD
>>
File: dynamite_cop_cover.jpg (125KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
dynamite_cop_cover.jpg
125KB, 640x640px
>>2905949
He looked more like Bruce on the Japanese cover, even though the game lacked the Die Hard license over there. He's even named Bruno.
>>
>>2905901
this
fucking love this game, think it's a great doom clone
>>
File: superman99.jpg (150KB, 1440x954px) Image search: [Google]
superman99.jpg
150KB, 1440x954px
Man, this game was awesome! The ring sections were challenging, but certainly fun!
>>
>>2910847
Probably why they localized it as a Die Hard game.
>>
>>2911441
It's funny because it's widely renowned as a terrible game.
>>
>>2905885
>True Lies of course.

That game was so much fun, but it was ridiculously hard. We mostly just cruised around trying different levels once we got the level passwords.

Using the invincibility and infinite ammo cheats made it quite fun to just mow down all the mooks, though.
>>
>>2911441
>1998
>10 years old
>fucking loved the superman cartoon
>had all the toys n shit
>saw superman covered multiple times in Nintendo power
>shitting bricks in anticipation of sweet open world superman goodness
>this shit is gonna be ocarina of superman
>Christmas is coming up
>tell my dad I want superman for nintendo 64
>I want it so bad
>Christmas finally comes
>my family always did presents to each other on Christmas eve and then my parents would bust out the big shit "from Santa" on Christmas morning
>by this point my brother was 15 and I was almost 11 but they did that shit anyway because Christmas is fucking magical
>no superman to be found in my Christmas eve presents
>aw shit
>I see your game, dad
>Santa gon hook a muthafucka up tomorrow
>can hardly sleep because I know as soon as I wake up I'm gonna be playing superman on my Nintendo 64 and eating fucking Christmas cookies while I drink hot goddamn cocoa and it's going to be the best moment of my 10 year old life
>I wake up
>I rush downstairs
>rip and tear into that shit
>It's not superman 64
>It's the superman game for game boy that Titus made a year earlier
>my dad tells me the 64 game hadn't come out yet
>my heart sinks
>I play the game boy game and it's pretty bad but playable
>superman 64 eventually comes out and is panned
>still to this day I've never played superman 64
>thank you dad
>somehow you knew and saved me
>>
>>2913545
The Jungle Book game for SNES was fucking dope
>>
>>2905750
Thanks anon, I love behing the scenes/making of shit like this. I wish more devs did this back in the day.
>>
>>2905734
jurassic park on mega drive you can play as a raptor
>>
File: ISHIGGYWILLIS.png (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ISHIGGYWILLIS.png
103KB, 500x500px
>>2910847
His appearance on Project X Zone was fun, and it's funny the guy who dubs Bruce Willis in Japan voiced Bruno in that game.
>>
>>2913545
How's the Gameboy game?
>>
File: 8mHTf4.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
8mHTf4.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>2905949
to the face bitch
>>
>>2916846
The single most satisfying QTE ever.
>>
>>2916653
Definitely better than the 64 game. It's by no means great but there are far worse game boy games out there.
>>
Terminator 2 on C64
>>
>>2905734
what game is that?
>>
>>2917323
Hard Eid: Mubarak Harder
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.