[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kirby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: mic-vocals-kirby.png (86KB, 359x304px) Image search: [Google]
mic-vocals-kirby.png
86KB, 359x304px
As long as we're ranking the entries of entire series, what are the best of the Kirby games?
>>
>>2889510
I have yet to play a bad Kirby game. And I have played all of them aside from the Wii titles.
>>
>>2889510
first nes and gameboy titles
>>
1. Kirby's Adventure (NES)

2. Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB)

3. Kirby 64

The top two are the must plays, 64 is great, and everything else is good/okay but not too special. Not really sure how to rank the other titles in relation to each other.

Kirby's Dream Land 1 was too short and didn't have the trademark powers

Kirby Pinball is a fun game that's frustrating as hell.

The better GBA one is just a remix of Kirby's Adventure, other one is fun but open-world doesn't really suit kirby in my opinion, found it too easy to get lost and end up backtracking.

The DS ones were playable, but again sort of gave me deja vu like I was just playing another remake of Adventure with pussified graphics.

Haven't played the GC, Wii, Wii U titles
>>
>>2889548
I haven't played Dream Land 2 but I'd say 64 is a must play just for the multiplayer games and combining powers mechanic alone. I got hours and hours and hours of fun out of that game.
>>
>>2889557
Do it, if only for the added gameplay mechanic of having animal friends. It's the first handheld entry that includes powers. Granted you don't get all of the ones from Adventure, just burning, ice, cutter, stone, spark, parasol, and needle. I would rank it above adventure because of the slowdown you experience with adventure. Even if it is marginal. But that's me, if anything I'm surprised >>2889548 neglected to mention Superstar. I haven't tried the ds versions of the Kirby franchise because they just seem to highlight the latest gimmick of the system. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.
>>
Tilt n Tumble
>>
>>2889595
No joke, Kirby Triple Deluxe is the best Kirby game since Superstar. (Which puts as 2nd best of all time, at least on my list)) It's just so good, and so fun, with the perfect balance of nostalgia and new content.
>>
>>2889527
squeak squad is pretty mediocre

here's an unpopular opinion. Super Star Ultra is the best game.
>>
Time for POWER RANKINGS!

GOD TIER:
Adventure/Nightmare in Dreamland, Super Star/Ultra, 64: The Crystal Shards, Triple Deluxe, Pinball land, Air Ride

GREAT TIER:
Dream Land, Dream Land 2, Dream Land 3, Epic Yarn, Mass Attack, Return to Dream Land, Rainbow Curse, Dream Course, Star Stacker, Tilt N' Tumble,

GOOD TIER: Amazing Mirror, Squeak Squad, Avalanche, Block Ball

BAD TIER:
lol there are no bad kirby games.
>>
>>2889607
Unpopular? It's objectively one of, if not the, best Kirby game.
>>
Kirby's Dream Course
although >>2889527 is true, and the wii ones are pretty good.
>>
They're all average to above average, but the original Kirby Super Star is the clear best and only underage contrarian hipsters will try to tell you otherwise.
>>
last night i watched a game center CX on Kirby's dreamland. That game is so fun, i could seriously play it for hours.
i like the gba remake more though
>>
>>2891087
>Kirby's Dream Land
>GBA Remake
your newfag is showing.
>>
File: 1441370899665.gif (14KB, 500x596px) Image search: [Google]
1441370899665.gif
14KB, 500x596px
>>2891087
>i watched a game center CX
>That game is so fun
Underage youtuber detected. They don't even play games anymore. This shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>2889510
>Misread the topic as "as long as we're ranking the enemies of entire series[...]"
>Wonder why no one's mentioning Poppy Bros, Kracko or Waddle Doo.

Amazing Mirror is by far my favorite kirby game so as far as I'm concerned it's number one. I haven't played the recent titles, though.
>>
>>2890994
everyone seem to prefer the original for some strange reason though. Same with mario 64
>>
>>2891547
Kracko, Gordo, Kabu
>>
>>2891547
>>2891596
Kracko, Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright, Sir Kibble
>>
>>2891697
I thought they were Mr. RISE & Mr. Shine
>>
File: peach_what.png (225KB, 540x478px) Image search: [Google]
peach_what.png
225KB, 540x478px
>>2891712
I can't remember which is which anyway.
>>
File: 6481948456.png (2KB, 108x114px) Image search: [Google]
6481948456.png
2KB, 108x114px
I still believe Kirby's Adventure to be the best, even with it's GBA counterpart existing. Kirby had the perfect level of speed in that game and none other could match the fun I had controlling him on the NES.
>when you slide off a elevated platform to the air, still maintaining the speed
>>
I loved Amazing Mirror, considering that was my very first Kirby title I've ever played. Something that drew me to it was the music, oh goodness especially the forest theme.

The sprite work as well was AMAZING in the GBA titles.
>>
>>2890993
>God Tier
>Triple Deluxe

Mein Nigga, I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was but I'll be damned if it didn't blow me away.
>>
File: Snooter.png (64KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
Snooter.png
64KB, 250x206px
>>2891547
The Lololo and Lalala bosses are usually pretty good, and it's a treat whenever Kaboola comes in. Bandana Dee's also up there. Noddy's pretty chill. The fights against Dark Matter in DL2 and Miracle Matter in 64 were sweet - the former felt a bit tough, but I might just be bad at the game, and the eventual victory was satisfying. Both Heavy Mole and Heavy Lobster are satisfying.

From non-retro games: even if it was far from the best Kirby game, I loved a lot of the enemies from Amazing Mirror. In particular, Wiz was my favorite boss even if he was basically Paint Roller; the best minibosses were Boxy, Box Boxer, and Master Hand's cameo; and the best common foes were Chip, Foley, Prank, and especially Snooter. Lastly, even if his only in-game appearance was in a minigame, Max "Macho-San" Flexer is fun.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.