[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro stuff you loaned out and never got back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 17

File: ebaygoldN64controllersmall.jpg (19KB, 691x461px) Image search: [Google]
ebaygoldN64controllersmall.jpg
19KB, 691x461px
I loaned my dad's coworker's kids my controller so they could play this game back when it came out. I was getting into PC gaming and the 64 was collecting dust, so what? It was the controller in the picture. Sigh.
>>
Let that be a lesion, OP. Never trust children. Not even your own, and CERTAINLY not those of others.
>>
>>2879094

Forgot to mention it was DK64.

In high school (1999-2003) I was loaned Goldeneye 64 and a couple of junk titles and we lost touch. Last year I found the guy on Facebook who, coincidentally, lived in the same city as I did (we grew up in a small town), I asked if he wanted them back, he enthusiastically responded, and I got to go hang out with his wife and child and we played goldeneye 64 all those years later!
>>
>>2879107

That was over 15 years ago. That lesion has healed by now :)
>>
Dunno if it counts but my dad sold both my Snes and N64 after telling me they were "broken". He also had a really cool arcade cabinet in the living room with a bunch of different arcade games on it and he sold that too.
I don't trust him with my stuff anymore.
>>
>>2879149

I hope you don't want that back.
>>
Not exactly on topic, but I think my "friend" took my copy of Kirby's Dreamland. I later ganked his copy of TMNT III: Radical Rescue, so we are even in my book. Faggot still owes me $75, but that is an acceptable loss as long as I never see that shithead again.
>>
>>2879192
>Chad
Never trust a Chad.
>>
File: Excitebike_cover.jpg (47KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
Excitebike_cover.jpg
47KB, 300x419px
>mid 90s
>loaned out my copy of Excitebike to my teenage cousin
You still fucking owe me a copy of Excitebike Chad!
>>
>>2879197
>>2879202
>forgot pic first time I posted
All Chads I've ever met are untrustable though for real.
>>
m8 lent me his copy of Tomb Raider

I never gave it back
It was platinum label anyway
>>
File: 1444821534104.gif (509KB, 172x129px) Image search: [Google]
1444821534104.gif
509KB, 172x129px
>lend game to a friend
>he lends it forwards to his friends I don't know
>ask for game back few days later
>he has no idea where the game is

I absolutely loathe people like this.
>>
File: 1450268879549.gif (735KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1450268879549.gif
735KB, 200x200px
>sister's friend gives her NES and a bunch of games and controllers for us to use while she went for some long school related world trip
>she dies
>her family never asks for the NES back
>such a petty thing to bother their family with so we never got to it
>still have that NES and all of those games and accessories after all these years
>tfw get weird gloomy feeling when playing with that NES

It's on my personal use now. She died on some disease somewhere in Africa in the mid 90s. I don't think she had any siblings so they never wanted her shit back anyway. It's a pretty dark story, but it's more like Curb Your Enthusiasm kind of dark story rather than sad story.
>>
Donkey Kong Land 2 in the 4th grade to a classmate

Kirby's Adventure (NES) to my cousin when I was like 6 years old... I miss that one the most.
>>
>>2879129
Lesions never fully heal anon. It is festering under the skin.
>>
>>2879309
Literal rage.
>>
>be in grade school
>go over to 'that guys' place
>play some Jaguar
>play some SNES
>play some Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
>want to know if I can borrow it
>says sure if he can borrow one of my games
>preferably fishing
>be later that night
>get approval from dad to let me borrow his fishing game to borrow for UMK3
>swap at school the next day
>play the shit out of it
>be a week or 2 later
>ask to switch back
>"I already gave it back to you"
>no, you didn't
>tell dad what happened when I get home
>he asks if I gave his game back
>I said no because he didn't give back the fishing game
>he says good
>he's not getting it back until the fishing game is returned
>never brought it back
I still had it up until I sold my collection last September.
>>
Not a loan, but I had all my video games stolen twice in my childhood. I think it might have been three times, but not sure. Positive twice, though.

Once when I was fairly young. I think it was my NES and SNES and games stolen.

Then once again when I was a Freshman in high school. This time, my SNES and PSX and games (tons of good RPG's, etc).

I kept them all in perfect condition, too. I'd have such a glorious collection if not for these thieves. They not only stole my games, but my childhood.
>>
Bart vs. the Space Mutants. It's not good in retrospect, but at the time it was fucking golden.
>>
My fucking Turbo Express
>>
Actraiser. I lent it to a friend who lent it to a friend who lent it to a friend, etc. I got it back eventually, then I sold it to Funcoland to get like $0.33 worth of credit to buy Shadows of the Empire.
>>
File: gr.png (744KB, 617x479px) Image search: [Google]
gr.png
744KB, 617x479px
>>2879197
>>2879203
>mfw my name is Chad
>>
>>2879464
NES or Genesis?
>>
>>2879590
WTF are you waiting for?
GIVE HIM BACK HIS EXITEBIKE!
>>
File: 1450844434488.png (221KB, 357x358px) Image search: [Google]
1450844434488.png
221KB, 357x358px
>>2879094
>mfw i was the one who stole the gaems
>>
>>2879596
I can't. I sold it years ago.
>>
>>2879309
>Lend disc to friendly classmate of African descent
>Get it back, no issues, problems or anything.
>He asks to borrow my Unreal DVD
>Loan it, because hey "It was fine the first time."
>He "forgets" the disc. Tries to get me to pay him for it. Tell him to give me the disc or I am going to the school.
>He ashed a blunt(?) out all over a brand new DVD.
>Never payed me back, dropped the class.
>>
>friend loans me NES Bionic Commando
>mom needs to transfer due to work
>my family moves before I can see friend and return game
>time passes, feel bad
>"hey anon, we're visiting [town we used to live in over an hour away]"
>hope to see friends and bring Bionic Commando along, just in case
>sure enough, the gang is hanging out on main street because comfy-little-town, USA
>return game to my old buddy
>he cant believe it and thanks me but also tells me it wasn't a big deal
>okay.jpeg

This was before cell phones, or even pagers. Anyway, not everyone is scum.
>>
>>2879664
Truly heartwarming anon.
>>
File: 1447701355212.png (289KB, 415x357px) Image search: [Google]
1447701355212.png
289KB, 415x357px
>Be in 5th grade
>Friend lends me Harvest Moon for SNES
>I move sometime over the summer, still have the game
>Living in Jersey while he lives in Michigan
>Slang the game like crack once Pokemon Silver comes out, along with some other nice games.
>He calls sometimes and asks if its still with my grandma in Michigan
>Lie to him all the time
>Still can't bring myself to let him know I sold it
>A copy of the game goes for 150 now
I'm sorry. I just wanted to play Pokemon Brandon.
>>
Loaned it to a cocksucker known as "Bisexual Dan", who was "only gay when he drinks".
>>
File: 1451209323939.png (541KB, 591x393px) Image search: [Google]
1451209323939.png
541KB, 591x393px
>>2879708
you are a bad person
>>
>>2879385
Sounds like you swapped, anon.
>>
>>2879664
>I am living proof that there is good in the world

Being this American
>>
>>2879117
That's awesome.

>>2879664
This too.
>>
File: yowza.jpg (13KB, 275x252px) Image search: [Google]
yowza.jpg
13KB, 275x252px
kinda related

>3 years ago sister was selling weed and was living with a stoner girl and her stoner brother
>go over to her house one day to buy weed
>smoke up and notice n64, snes and a box full of games under tv
>they belong to the stoner guy
>look through box of games to find something to play while we are high
>after a while sister has to go out and deliver weed
>none of her roommates are home
>borrow super smash bros and street fighter 2, sister didn't care, she never told him I borrowed them (shitty thing of me to do anyways, i feel awful about it)
>time passes
>call sister one day
>she tells me she has moved to a new place
>she dosnt have the guy's number
>she isnt in contact with either of them
>have no way to return the guy his games

shit sorry dude my bad
>>
When you borrow things to people, you almost always have to account for never receiving the item back. Many people "borrow" things from others never intending to return them, and some seem to feel offended if asked about returning something they borrowed some time ago.
>>
>>2879094
>loaned
Nothing. I dun grewd up in a white neighborhood
>>
>6 person group of friends hanging around together constantly
>lend snes theme park in exchange for mystic quest
>petty teenage bickering causes 2 people to leave
>games remain swapped forever

I do not even remember what the fight was over anymore. Still got your game and if the battery still lives, your save file too.
>>
I got loaned Yoshi's Story along with Mission Impossible and another game I forget the name of from a friend at school. When I finally get around to giving them back he says I can keep Yoshi's story.
Bretty nice.

It is the cartridge with the dirtiest connector out of all my N64 games though, I don't know what it's been through before I got it. Its hard to get it to start, usually...
>>
>>2879385
>Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for fishing game
Seems like a good deal to me
>>
>>2879437
I feel for you.
>be a kid from a nice family in Russia in 90s
>dad opens his own business
>it is rather successful, so he buys a PC to use at home
>I'm allowed to use it for games when dad isn't working
>one day I return from school and see the PC isn't there
>mom says: "sorry, little anon. Your dad's office was robbed and all computers were stolen, so dad had to take home PC to office to continue working"

Thankfully, I had NES clone with lots of games. But I still missed those sweet PC games I couldn't play anymore.
>>
>>2879718
Those are some impressive PS2 graphics back there.
>>
>>2880104
>stoners
You did no wrong.
>>
>bout 4 years ago
>gf at the time says "i wish i could play super mario world and dkc again"
>be beta male
>give childhood snes and both games to her
>break up soon after
>cry every time
>>
>>2880329
You should have just given her a CD-R with SNES9X and the Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country ROMs on it.
>>
>lend PSOne to a friend 6 years ago because he wanted to play Final Fantasy 7
>get it back after a while with a burnt mark inside the console
>"Sorry, I was so drunk one night that I mistook it for an ashtray. But I've covered that burnt mark with a Bart Simpson sticker, ain't it cool?"

Last time I ever loaned something to anyone.
>>
Way too much shit to name.
Loaned and lost my copies of Banjo-Tooie, Super Smash Bros.
No idea what happened to my Dreamcast and games, it was lost years ago.
On the flip side I stole some cash NES games from my cousin - FF, Solomon's Key, Shadowgate, A Boy and his Blob...need to return those actually.
>>
>>2879260
Are you Me and was the game Conker Bad Fur Day?
>>
>going out of the country for a year
>ask friend if she wanted to borrow anything while I was gone
>lend her Bust a Groove 1 and 2, Guilty Gear XX, some comic books
>come back home following spring, try to get in touch with her
>"ha-ha I'm pretty busy anon, maybe some other time"
>year passes, don't really see her
>have to call her to help me with a mutual friend who was ODing
>walled out after for doing that I thought was the right thing, apparently their relationship was deteriorating due to ODer's mental illness and I was frozen out by association

I see her occasionally, but she gets really awkward and hurries off. I said hi when I passed her on the street a month ago, but she pretended not to even see me. I just want my video games back.
>>
>>2879158
sounds like a druggy
>>
>>2879274
ill take it off your hands if you want ill pay postage
>>
File: dad.gif (12KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
dad.gif
12KB, 501x585px
>>2882372
No, he just really really likes money
>>
Gonna get stones thrown at me for this but during mid 2003 I lent a CD case full of PC software to someone who I hardly knew because I was done with them at the time and I wanted to quickly cement the friendship.
>>
>>2881279
Probably sold them off. Or knowing women, lost them. I'd just chalk it up as a loss either way Anon.
>>
File: 1439466741902.jpg (40KB, 436x529px) Image search: [Google]
1439466741902.jpg
40KB, 436x529px
>that friend who got viruses on your computer
>>
File: skitchin.jpg (100KB, 640x927px) Image search: [Google]
skitchin.jpg
100KB, 640x927px
Skitchin" - Because it's Bitchin" :'(
>>
>>2882447
>she was a freaky bitch
>>
>>2879274

I wish people would just write normally what happened, not this stupid way with the >>>>s. It's very hard to read this post, the green colour makes it even worse. It's not cute or interesting to write this way, it just makes it harder to read. For really short points I can understand it, however writing entire stories like this it's too much fucking effort to read. Sorry to hear about your sister's friend.
>>
>Retro stuff you loaned out and never got back

you're mom
>>
>>2879094
>Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World
>Digimon World 3
>Stack of N64 games that some guy gave me that I hadn't even went through yet.
>>
>>2879590
Chad, you wanna go Philly's?
>>
>>2883092
Dude how nu r u
>>
My brother loaned our copy of Super Mario RPG to a friend around 1998 or so. Said friend then later claimed his house got broken into and tons of stuff got stolen, including the game.

Around 2003 or so, I was on my third playthrough of FFIX, when I started doing a bunch of sidequests without saving for hours, only for the game to randomly crash. I got so frustrated that I stopped playing it. Fast forward to around 2006, and a friend said he was missing Disc 3 of FFIX, and asked if he could borrow it. This was the disc I had stopped in, but I said fuck it and lent it. Not long after I stopped hanging out with him frequently, and when I did ask for the disc back he said he couldn't find it. That playthrough remains unfinished to this day. I eventually just started another through emulation.
>>
>>2879513
>then I sold it to Funcoland to get like $0.33 worth of credit

they probably sold it for $5 less than the price of the new game -- and some people actually paid $50 for your used copy rather than $55 for the new one.
>>
My sister and her friends were all drug users with flexible notions of property. One of her friends' copies of GoldenEye appeared among my N64 games. I kept asking her to find the owner & return it, because I already had GoldenEye, and it was annoying to accidentally insert the other copy because it didn't have the cheats/progress. But of course she had no idea whose it was. And whoever brought it was probably "borrowing" it.

Not exactly the topic but my cousin was staying over one time and accidentally erased a save-game in A Link to the Past where I'd nearly 100%'d. Poor guy, he tried to play it as far as possible.
>>
>Borrow game
>Kid didn't tell me he was moving
>Tells me the Friday before he leaves
>He moved before I could return it at school on Monday
>Never saw him again

I became that kid and I feel awful about it. I tried to find him on Facebook but it's been so long I can't be sure.
>>
>>2883097

I'm mom?! FUCK YOU BUDDY
>>
My EFA Linker flash cart for the GBA and Fire Emblem.
>>
>>2883092
>You typed in 4chan, not one of the other Arabian yak breeding forums.
>>
>>2883176
You might be dumb.
>>
>>2879117
That's actually pretty cool :)
>>
>>2883772
>Arabian yak breeding

>not SriLankan lizard weavers
>>
>>2883176
>being this new
>>
>>2879260
My brother used to lend my games out and never get them back.
>>
>>2883176
>i came here to shitpost this
>>
File: dont have that image.png (4KB, 522x347px) Image search: [Google]
dont have that image.png
4KB, 522x347px
I borrowed a Shrek fighting game and Pokemon Red from a kid on an airplane. I kept the games and never saw him again.
>>
File: 250px-Mgs3box.jpg (36KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Mgs3box.jpg
36KB, 250x353px
Freshman year of college pic related. Let a ethnic kid in my dorm named Harshal borrow it. Bastard dropped out over Christmas break and I never saw him again.

I also had a Pokemon pikachu edition GBC that went missing. I'm sure one of my younger brothers left it at one of their friends' houses
>>
VIRTUA COP 2 !!!
>>
>>2879094
loaned RE4 to a friend of mine.
he had some sort of depression and hung himself. cant ask the parents to give me my game back.
iam from germany and imported the dutch version because of mercenaries and assignment ava. will never get it back.
FUCK YOU HELGE!!!!!
>>
>>2879094
never lent shit because my parents paid for my games as a kid now I dont do it
>>
>>2879094
I have ps3 cont on my pc and Pjn64-emulator.
How to conf. my controler??
>>
File: 1451413981478.jpg (84KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451413981478.jpg
84KB, 960x720px
>>2879664
>>
>>2883976
No no no sir that would be tumblr.
>>
>>2879094
>brother and i were 13 and 11
>bought sega saturn from money we saved up
>one day come home from school, saturn gone
>ask brother where it is "Oh, i loaned it to a buddy of mine" (wich happened to be a troublemaker from a much more broken family than ours)
Of course i never saw that saturn ever agian..later this guy had even the nerve to threaten me to buy him games for the saturn..kek! And oh yes, my brother got a beating from me.
>>
>>2879254
>platinum label
you're practically doing the guy a favour
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.