[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game was a disappointment.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg (299KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg
299KB, 500x345px
This game was a disappointment.
>>
>>2877476
How so? I liked it as least as much as DKC and DKC2.
>>
>>2877476
Now you know how your parents felt.
>>
>>2877476
>Kiddy Kong was a disappointment
FTFY
>>
>>2877476
This is your weekly reminder that unlike DKC 1 and 2, DKC 3 was released to meet a deadline. It is an unpolished mess, and Rare had to move assets around to accommodate their commitments to the upcoming N64 release.

DKC's shortcomings can all be attributed to being forced to meet deadlines. Ugly sprites, boring music, uninspired level design, strange locales...

Rare had so much on its place in 1996. The release of the N64 was coming up, and Nintendo was aching for killer apps on its new console. Rare had already committed a lot of labour to Goldeneye.

DKC3 was an afterthought for a system that was preparing for obsolescence.
>>
>>2878245
plate**
>>
>>2877476
Agreed, can't understand how people can actually like it.
>>
>>2877489
His parents felt DKC 3 was a disappointment, ok then.
Nice intellectual serve, bro
>>
I didn't like it much at the time, but decided to replay the series all the way through for the first time since 2000, and you know what, DKC2 isn't as good as I remembered, and DKC3 is miles miles better than I remember.
The graphical style kinda sucks though, I'll give you that.
Really, all it needs to be fixed is to give it the DKC2 sprites and replace Kiddie with Donkey.
bang, fix'd.
>>
>>2878245
And DK64 was even worse.
>>
>>2878279
You thought that was referencing DKC3?
Man I can't wait until you 12 year olds go back to school.
>>
>>2877476
>had 2 and 3 as a kid
>2 got lost at a certain point
>still have 3 to this day

I think playing it so much more made me like it more. I wouldn't call it my favorite, but I hate how a lot of people just shrug it off.

The GBA remake was kinda neat though. Some of the new music was really good.
>>
>>2877476
Yes it was. 102% coop DKC2 with a good buddy is one of my finest gaming memories. Good times. DKC3 was bland as fuck and kiddy was just fucking stupid.
>>
It's weird that the DKC2 thread is full of people who only played as Dixie yet people in the DKC3 thread primarily bitch about Kiddy.
>>
>>2879824
Bland?
Almost every level in DKC3 was unique or had an interesting gimmick.
DKC2 only had like 5 different level types.
>>
>>2878245
That said, that intro screen sequence is damn beautiful and impressive even to this day.
>>
>>2877476
>grab lever and wait for door to open
It's full of annoying gimmicks.
>>
>>2879950
>never made it past the second level
>>
I always considered DKC2 and DKC3 on similar levels of quality. I just don't really get this holy war. I do understand preference, but come on.

I don't mind Kiddy because to me, putting Dixie in the spotlight felt like more of a "Passing the torch" kind of thing, which I always prefer games do in a series. If DK was Dixie's partner he'd just overshadow Dixie, icon-wise. I didn't literally take the DKC series as "Donkey Kong's literal own country and no one else's" I thought it was about the family, or clan or whatever.

Kiddy himself, kinda wish he were more interestingly designed I guess. But what's always bothered me more is that when DK64 rolled around, they skipped Dixie for Tiny and Kiddy for Chunky. I don't think they even hinted at Chunky being Kiddy and having grown up or anything, Kiddy (and at the time, Dixie) were just discarded characters.
>>
>>2879950
No it's not. The word "gimmick" is a lazy and totally inaccurate word to use for games like this, there is ZERO element of gimmick in this game. I've seen this use of the word "gimmick" creeping in for any and everything and it's ridiculous.

Also I don't much like this game, even though DKC2 is one of my favourite games of all time. It has nothing to do with "gimmicks". There are NO gimmicks in it. You can't just call everything you don't like or that didn't work, everything that was different, a "gimmick", that's retarded.
>>
>>2878279

Your comeback is awful and reeks of stupidity. His is gold, however.
>>
>>2880739
hahaha, the same insult that is used 5000 times per day on reddit and 4chan is pure EPIC GOLD.
EPIC FOR THE WIN!

fuck off retard
>>
File: 1344554722686.png (107KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1344554722686.png
107KB, 449x401px
>>2880758

You're putting words in my mouth and clearly salty over being a huge faggot. Pathetic as fuck that you get triggered so easily. You're on the wrong board, anon.

>>>/v/
>>
I can't play DKC3 because I find kiddy kong to resemble a mongoloid. It bothers me greatly.
Who's with me?

I bet there is a rom hack to exchange him with Donkey kong or something. I need that.
>>
Well, I still think it's a very strong entry. Very adventure game like with its inventory, world map and banana bird Simon-esque sequences.

Graphically, it was just as stunning as 2 and I like the new animal pals.

It's so interesting how people have an issue with no Donkey Kong in DKC2 and 3. This was never brought up back in the day as the main drawcard to these titles were always the graphics and not so much that this series was apart of the Donkey Kong franchise.
>>
>>2880758
You strike me as the type of person people 'tolerate' in real life.
You're the type who posts shit on facebook and gets one or two sympathy likes. You make a 'funny' comment on someones post and they just ignore it.
Sound about right?

I guess someone has to tell you, might as well be me.
You're not funny. I know, I know, a close friend will reply with, "LOL!" when you text him or something. But he's not ACTUALLY laughing out loud. He's just tolerating you.
Don't worry, you'll grow up one day.
>>
This series as a whole was an atrocity.
>>
>>2880906

I think theyre pretty fun

But as a og dk fan i def didnt expect them to be what they were
>>
The duo made it unbearable for me
DKC1 had best duo
DKC2 had shitty ass Dixie Kong but Diddy made it fun
DKC3 just had the most godawful two
Seriously who the fuck likes Kiddy kong? I had to play the whole game as Dixie and I hated her just as much
>>
The whole series was a dissapointment. Just an average platformer with poor controls that people only liked because it viral marketed its "we made sprites from 3d renders so the game is 3d guys" goddamn gimmick to idiots.
>>
>>2877476
It always surprises me how most of the time people's complaints about 3 are solely based on its first levels. I used to dislike it as well, to be honest. But I realized by the time I got to the third and fourth worlds that this game was truly amazing and got hooked.

Of course 2 succeeds better in that regard, hooking the player from level 1/2. Compared to these 2 games, the original feels more repetitive by the second half of the run.

Also, after looking at Project Dream's graphics, I can surely tell DKC3 is by far, the best Rare work on prerendered graphics they ever did. They took the visual cues from 2 and sharped them even more. Same goes with the animation. I like to think that developing all those previous games and Dream improved the quality of this one. However, I also agree that it feels hollow in some regards, like the whole ordeal with the bear brothers and the banana birds that feels disjointed from the rest.

Just my two cents.

We really need a Rare Revealed/Iwata Ask-kind of video/column about the development of the DKC series. It's the missing link in the whole Rare's history as developers.
>>
3 just lets people down because 2 was such a high that its hard to compete

if there's anything to be upset about it's 64
>>
>>2881693
>if there's anything to be upset about its 64
Ha.
Good one, Anon
64 was the perfect climax to the K.Rool arc, and really I wouldn't have been bothered if it was the last Dk game ever
>>
>>2877476
I've never played the 2nd or 3rd Donkey Kong Country.
>>
>>2878245
>boring music
Actually that's because of a worse composer. GBA release saw the return of David Wise.
>>
>>2881803
That's your argument? The music in the GBA version sucked balls.
>>
>>2881803
>GBA release saw the return of David Wise.
And absolutely horrible music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJHgjI2bMlM

Compared to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m73et5tXg28

Wise is overrated (as proven by DKC3 GBA and Tropical Freeze) and Eveline Fischer's work on DKC3 is unnecessarily shat on.
>>
>>2881816
This.
I remember how pumped I was for the GBA release solely because of Wise.
But it's like he got some third stringer to do the music for him.
>>
>>2881816
>Tropical Freeze
But Tropical Freeze has an amazing OST. Probably his best work barring DKC2 and DKR.
>>
>>2882121
It's elevator music that wouldn't have been recognized if the name "David Wise" hadn't been associated with it.
>>
The Koin puzzles got a bit repetitive.
>>
>>2880793
Epik post bro.
EPIK FOR THE WIN!
>>
File: 1450923001049.gif (811KB, 253x196px) Image search: [Google]
1450923001049.gif
811KB, 253x196px
>>2882258
>>
>>2878245
>>2878692

these. DKC3 should just released on n64 with souped up graphics like the difference between KI and KI Gold. DK64 should have been released as a new IP and it would have been amazing, but as a DK game it was incredibly underwhelming. I waited YEARS for that fucking game, ever since it was listed as "Donkey Kong Fantasy" in Chips n Bits ads before n64 released..
>>
>>2880739
>His is gold, however.
No, it isn't.
>>
>>2878245
>boring music

Whatever man

Hot head bop is one of many GOAT tracks. Maybe someday you can appreciate those tunes.
>>
>>2880739
you will be bullied for the entirety of your life.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.