[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amiga thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: Turrican_protagonist.jpg (80KB, 350x486px) Image search: [Google]
Turrican_protagonist.jpg
80KB, 350x486px
Hi /vr.
I've just tried Battle squadron and Agony on WinUAE and i am really, REALLY loving it. Think i can get along with amiga titles just fine.
What, in your opinion, are essential/best/good/worthwile

>shootan'
>rayceen'
>platforman'
>beat'em upan'
>shmoopan'

For the platform? I'd prefer exclusives and/or versions that are noticeably better than on the other systems. Also, what is with control scheme of All-terrain racing on amulator? Only working keys for either Joystic1, Joystic2 or Keyboard selected are left-right(or z/x) and move forvard (ctrl or num5). Also, a game tend to go grey screen immediately after some launches. What can it be?

Well, i guess we have an Amiga thread now.
>>
File: original.png (250KB, 800x783px) Image search: [Google]
original.png
250KB, 800x783px
Bump.
>>
>>2876780
I'll bump for you with some music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnviWBRJdbM&hd=1
>>
>>2876780
>shootan'
Virocop is freaking tight. You pilot an R2D2 looking bot through top-down videogame worlds inside a computer to do some weaponbased virus cleaning. Really wish more games took the kind of 'it's top down but also has platforming' approach - only really seen it done in Spot goes to Hollywood and Sonic 3d. Also recommend Walker for a bit of mouse and keyboard carnage. Arrows move your mech, guns are entirely mousepiloted, hordes of lemming-sized soldiers try to take you down. They're p.much fucked. Gets tough later on with tanks and planes trying to get a piece of you.

>rayceen'
>>2876825 is correct choice, but Overdrive by Team 17 is similarly decent, too. Of course the real choice is Super Skidmarks but who am I to judge. There's a decent Road Rash port. Lotus series were always the best spritescaling racers. Super Cars II is another like ATR and Overdrive.

>platforman'
Too many to fucking say. Ruff n' Tumble is great, as is Robocod and Soccer Kid. Arabian Nights was a favourite for playing sort of like a Wonder Boy/Monster World game but with stages. Yo! Joe! is another great one with huge levels. Lionheart is pretty much Turrican with swords and fricking amazing spriting. Benefactor was a fantastic puzzle/platformer with Lemmings-sized sprites.

>Beat'em upan'
The one genre the system does suck for but there's a few brave attempts. Shadow Fighter was decent, I hear Fightin' Spirit is great and it looks like it goes for an SNK feel. Fucking terrible Street Fighter ports so everyone went for Body Blows which did suck but sucked significantly less than most. Elfmania looked pretty but played floaty as hell.

>shmoopan'
APIDYA APIDYA APIDYA I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH PLAY APIDYA. Gradius clone that is up there with the SNES port of 3. Feels like a console game. Interesting as hell theme where you're a bee fighting other insects with missiles and lasers, and later on you get refitted into a mecha bee. Hardcore.
>>
>>2877376
>Overdrive by Team 17 is similarly decent, too
Thanks. Overdrive and ATR (though only CD32 version is working for me) are very cool, but my God were they made for two players. The AI in them are fucking unstoppable mass murderers.
>>
File: street_rod_06.png (9KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
street_rod_06.png
9KB, 320x256px
>rayceen'

Street Rod

Not the best racing game, but the one I had the most fun with. It had a great atmosphere, and tinkering with your car and racing people for their car felt awesome.
>>
>>2878101
SR is great, but since it emulates weirdly (i had graphic glitches on classicwb) and there is a DOS version with data disc included (plus 25 or so cars) is avaliable as freeware since 2014, i'd probably say that DOS is definitive version.
>>
Exile is a really good metroid-like. Play the AGA version.
>>
>>2878169
Odyssey is another one with a Metroidy thing to it. You're a swordwielding dude who can transform into different forms when you find the powers to. The rock form is basically a glorified morph ball. You get a rowboat you can go to different islands in which are all their own little contained worlds. It's got a similar sprite style to Lionheart, not as detailed but I dig the animation. Obscure but great game anyway.

Pinkie is another one but has a more Mario World style progression to it. Pretty much you're a defenseless little alien who drives a vehicle which can be tricked out with all sorts of gadgetry to help it get about - until then you're on foot and have to find these little dino eggs and fetch them back to your vehicle. The more you find, the more the Mario World-y map opens up and the more areas you can get to, but you can't get some without having the neccessary upgrades. Tough game to begin with but some kicking music for 90s techno standards. From the makers of James Pond also.
>>
File: skærmtrolden hugo (2).png (19KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
skærmtrolden hugo (2).png
19KB, 320x256px
>>
>>2878183
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfL10u_1ygc
Aquanaut seems to be another interesting exploration based game.

Saint Dragon is a really good arcade port, the best actually. Play that game, good shooter.

Armlyte is also a great shooter

The Strider port was shit, play Assassin.
>>
>>2878202
>>2878183
>>2878169
Thanks for the suggestions.
Playing Dragon breed right now, it's just the way i like SHMUPs. And the features like separate hit detection for dragon and rider, ability to unmount and physics of the dragon body are really neat.
>>
File: amiga-thread.png (50KB, 642x514px) Image search: [Google]
amiga-thread.png
50KB, 642x514px
Pic just for the sake of it.
>>
I mainly play Exile and Damage as far as exclusives go
>>
>>2878127
The Amiga version looks and sounds significantly better, though. IRC it also played a lot smoother.
>>
>>2877376
>Arabian Nights was a favourite for playing sort of like a Wonder Boy/Monster World game but with stages
You can also play Wonder Boy on the Amiga, it's one of the better ports.
>>
Used to have an Amiga 500, have pirated or owned pretty much every important Amiga game ever
>>
File: Screen1.jpg (27KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Screen1.jpg
27KB, 640x400px
>>2877376
>Super Cars II is another like ATR and Overdrive
I am playing them right now. The graphics of Overdrive and ATR are way better, but car controls are much more easy in SC. The genre may be just not my cup of tea, but i cannot even imagine winning against AI in either ATR or Overdrive (unlike in Supercars, Badlands and Xcessive speed). They just feel like Slide: the game, ATR especially.
>>
>>2878304
This was true up until about 1991. Amiga versions of Lemmings and Monkey Island were better than their PC counterparts. However, Amiga versions of Dune II and Syndicate were already weaker than the PC versions. And the release of Doom was a death blow, everyone who could jumped ship from the Amiga into the PC world. Commodore filed for bankrupcy only the year after.
>>
File: hiredguns.jpg (314KB, 1280x844px) Image search: [Google]
hiredguns.jpg
314KB, 1280x844px
Hired guns. You'll be blown away by the atmosphere this game creates.

When I played it on my Amiga I would play co-op with 2 mice. I still don't know why the hell computers don't have local co-op for games.
>>
First Samurai
Second Samurai
Wolfchild

Great platformers.
>>
Pretty topical, the kickstart and Workbench source code has been leaked
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.