[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one was the better series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: Untitled.jpg (54KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
54KB, 550x550px
Which one was the better series?
>>
Metroid
>>
>>2874672
So Castlevania?
>>
>>2874627
Every Megaman game rewards farming. Only some of the Castlevania games do, therefore Castlevania is better. Also the Megaman games have a shitload of slowdown and sprite flicker.
>>
>>2874627
I prefer MegaMan myself. I must admit, its pretty much the same game every time, but no other game plays feels similar to it, so it is still pretty refreshing to play. I've only played Castlevania 1 though, while I've played several of the Megaman Games.
>>
Mega man no question.
>>
>>2874627
Castlevania.

Megaman more often retreads on its past than rejuvenating itself like Castlevania does. After Megaman 2 (or arguably 3), Megaman on the NES reuses its own gameplay from 4-6 while Castlevania reinvented itself with each NES entry, for example. Megaman X was similar to its NES counterpart in this aspect.
>>
>>2874627

Castlevania. With Mega Man you only need to play two or three games and then you've got the idea. Castlevania is much more interesting as a series.
>>
>>2874627
Mega Man because it stayed true to its action aspects instead of becoming a boring Metroidvania series where skill barely matters.
>>
Seriously though I can't stand castlevania related shitposting anymore, so probably Megaman
>>
Zero > IGAvanias > X > Classic Castlevania >>>>>> shit > Classic Megaman
>>
File: 1449893186919.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449893186919.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>2874953
>all megaman games are the same but castlevania games were different
>look, these radically different megaman series are all similar within each other compared to the one castlevania series that added metroid elements
>>
>>2875106
kill yourself
>>
>>2875117
wait switch shit with classic castlevania
>>
>>2875106
Awful.
>>
>>2875106
worst taste ive ever seen
>>
Holy shit, 2 massive shitposting fanbases collide.

I like Megaman but I'm more of a Castlevania guy, and I'm not very familiar with the Megaman fanbase so I don't know how much are you guys willing to shitpost, but I can guarantee you, CV fans are some of the most vicious shitposters I've ever seen in vidya discussion, good luck outdoing them.
>>
>>2874627
Castlevania because it has far better music.
>>
>>2874627
Ghosts N Goblins > Castlevania > Contra >>>> Megaman

Megaman is fucking casual pleb shit, on par with Sonic and Kirby.
>>
>>2875362

>kirby
>shit

Woah woah hold on there, hardcore boy.
>>
>>2875362
Kirby is more hardcore than any Classicvania m8.
>>
>>2875362
Nah nigga Castlevania is a better series than GnG.
>>
>>2874627
Well, castlevania has symphony of the night. Megaman has... call of duty syndrome. Also, isn't Capcom slowly dying cause they are purely a rehash company. Megaman is the same shit over and over, same with street fighter. I'm not buying it again, I don't care if it is super, ultra, mega, X, hyper, Yay edition.

Don't get me wrong, Konami really sucks the balls lately too.

The big question is; are Jap gaming companies dying?
>>
Castlevania>>>>>>Megaman.
>>
>>2875380
Japan itself is dying, I'd be surprised if they last 3 more generations before their population dies out.
>>
>>2875380
>The big question is; are Jap gaming companies dying?

Not more than western companies are.
The thing with Capcom and Konami is that most of their talent already left the building.
Ex-capcom people are doing good in Platinum, as well as ex-konami people in Good Feel (the ex-Goemon team, developers of the recently released Yoshi Wooly World).

Capcom is slowly regaining momentum and put themselves back on track thanks to Street Fighter, as well as still milking the fuck out of Resident Evil. Konami is in a mystery position right now after Kojima left, and they've said they're not looking to make more console games other than Pro Evolution Soccer, but they still own the Fox Engine, and recently they started hiring people for a new Metal Gear project. if it's going to be a new game or just a pachinko slot machine, nobody knows.
>>
>>2875385

Well, in 100 years they will have perfect human-like androids.
>>
>>2875392
I didn't know Good Feel was ex-Konami, that's fucking awesome. Thx for the knowledge, anon.
>>
>>2875393
I'm gonna hold you to that, anon 2875393.
>>
Mega Man because Castlevania fans are a bunch of self righteous faggots.
>>
>>2875409
Oh man you base your opinion off something this frivolous and they're the faggots?
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 500x334px
>>2875413
>>
>>2875106
Classic Castlevania > X > Classic Megaman > Zero >>> IGAvanias
>>
>>2875423
put X between Zero & Igavanians & you're 99.6% correct
>>
>>2875432
The X series in its prime was better than the Zero series.
>>
>>2875106
>Zero above anything

Zero series is complete trash, as is everything Inti Creates gets their hands on.
>>
>>2875457
One game does not make a prime, anon.
>>
>>2875476
Then how about five games? Or four at the very least?
>>
>>2875480
Then we're no longer talking about X.
>>
>>2875481
X1-4 were great, and X5 was at least good.
>>
File: Speed_Power_Gunbike_cover.jpg (16KB, 264x231px) Image search: [Google]
Speed_Power_Gunbike_cover.jpg
16KB, 264x231px
>>2875484
X2 is the only genuinely good one. X1 is ok, X3 was the beginning of the downfall.
>>
>>2874672
speaking of metroid

what's that orange liquid in pits?
>>
>>2875485
Pix unrelated btw, just an Inti game I happened to have enjoyed.
>>2875474
>>
>>2875485
How so? The series didn't start truly heading south until X5, which was still good if not as great as its predecessors.
>>
>>2875490
I don't know, all I know is that by X3 is started getting repetitive and tedious. At least for me.
>>
>>2875105
Hope you enjoy megaman related shitposting instead.
>>
>>2875493
I felt the same way about Zero 2, especially starting it almost immediately after I finished Zero 1.
>>
>>2875362
Classicvania > GnG > Megaman

I don't think Megaman is casual shit though, but 5, 6 and 8 are not good games (8 is just awful)
>>
>>2875610
>e-tanks
>items that let you create platforms/fly
>enemies and bosses die in a few hits if you know their weakness
>not casual shit
>>
>>2875616
Don't forget that you can grind2win in the Zero games.
>>
>>2875634
I beat Zero 1 without the cyber shit.
>>
>>2875641
So? That's besides the point.
>>
File: 1450463772953.gif (21KB, 98x123px) Image search: [Google]
1450463772953.gif
21KB, 98x123px
>comparing two platformers that are entirely different.
I prefer megaman personally but castlevania ok s definitely more varied. I feel like debating between these two series is pretty pointless, they're just too different.
>>
>>2875643
Rondo with Maria is as casual as any Megaman game, 3 with Sypha trivialize most bosses, Lecarde in Bloodlines is easy mode.

Sorry bra, Castlevania is also casual shit.
>>
>>2875487
Bad.
>>
>>2875791
Video games in general are casual shit, if you autists really want a challenge try pursuing a career that requires an extreme level of scientific and mathematic knowledge.
>>
>>2876120
>math and science
too passive and unexciting
>>
>>2874627
Mega Man. It rewarded you for playing well. Less stupid fucking cheap deaths, AND no time limit so you could fool around if you wanted.
and I don't even like Mega Man, they're too hard.
>>
I prefer the taste of apples over oranges the thread.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.