[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emulation!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 14827737530_6e10e5f90f.jpg (96KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
14827737530_6e10e5f90f.jpg
96KB, 500x334px
Hi guy's I recently softmodded my original xbox and am having a bit of trouble any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm using ZsnexBox 3.7 but it won't let me change screen resolution, any idea why?

Also emulation thread?
>>
>>2871996
But...why?
>>
>>2872006
Seriously? aside from spending ridiculous amounts of money on cartridges i never got to play in my youth? because sticking them all on one console is convenient for me.
>>
This might be because of the video cables you're using. You're likely on composite and yeah, you won't be able to do much with that shit. Go YUV.
>>
>>2871996
>>2872017

xbox is shit for emulation, you should have modded a wii or a ps3
>>
>>2871996
is that the kasumi-chan blue xbox? where did you find that?
>>
Is there anyway to mod an original Xbox to play burned Xbox games?
>>
>>2872313
No, it's actually pretty damn good for it. I used mine for emulation all the time back in 2007.

That said the Wii and PS3 are newer and obviously better. But that's not to say you can't get a lot of use out of an Xbox.

>>2872835
Yes, and it's damn easy to do. One of the easiest consoles to softmod.
>>
>>2872838
>someone states a fact 7 hours ago
>you call them mad and try to start a console war between two different generations
Two things.
1. He's right. The Wii is much easier and cheaper to use for emulation and there are more options that are still supported.
2. You need to stop posting.
>>
>>2872846
>7 years
>retro

You're all underage.
>>>/v/
>>
>>2872889
>replying to b8

Just report for offtopic, hide the thread and move on.
>>
>>2872836
>Yes, and it's damn easy to do. One of the easiest consoles to softmod.
Mind linking some good resources? Perhaps the same one you used?
>>
>>2872838

>committing sudoku
>sudoku

>seppuku

It helps if you know what you're talking about first before making bold claims.
>>
>I'm using ZsnexBox 3.7
Don't, OP.

That port was a joke to begin with, a "look at me I can even get ol' ZSNES going" just for the sake of it. It was shit compared to the shitty Snes9x port by Lantus even back then. These days you'd be better off with Snes9x Next in RetroArch instead of running decade-old abandoned softwares

>>2872924
lurk more
>>
File: agvRwKn_700b.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
agvRwKn_700b.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>2872924
lol learn ur meme's grandpa
>>
>>2872916
Are you willing to open your Xbox? Do you also have a PC that supports IDE? You can take out the hard drive in the Xbox, connect it to your computer. Then you burn a disc that you boot off of, which will install the files you need on the Xbox hard drive.

Other methods require you to use a game, such as Splinter Cell, to boot a modified game save. You will need a compatible game, as well as a way to put the gamesave onto your Xbox HDD.
>>
The xbox is the best console for emulation from atari 2600 to ps1.. Also the arcade emulation is quite good for being basically a pentium 3 pc, seriously top notch... Look for the madlab ports of the emulators, and look into the coinops frontend.. Id give you my email so i can help you but thats never a good idea here.. Still if you post a way to contact you i can help you.. Xbox emu scene is the longest running of any console and no, the wii and the ps3 dont do nearly as good as the xbox on most of the emus.
>>
>>2871996
What do you mean it won't let you change screen resolution? You enable 480p/720p/1080i in system-settings and restart and the Xbox, and everything should just run at the max resolution it supports.

Also make sure you're using component.
>>
>>2872531

Might also be the Xecuter blue one, I got that one myself. (with lcd front)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.