[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /vr/, you're my only hope.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Stevie_Button.jpg (96KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Stevie_Button.jpg
96KB, 640x640px
So /vr/, I need your help.

In the 90's my parents bought an PC which included demo-CD, which had a car combat-like game, where you drove around in a futuristic arena-like environment. A futuristic car game that isn't about racing, but built around death matches. The story was the same as running man (the Arny somewhat-classic): You were a prisioner in death row and instead of rotting in jail they put you in a futuristic car in an area to duke it out with some other racers.

All I remember from it was that it was somewhat early-ish 3D. Advanced enough to have something in the pixels, but "early" enough to have a burning man sprite go out of the car sometimes when you destroyed one, and if you shot and killed said burning man, you would earn a "mercy kill."

It was almost like a blocky prototype version of the Extreme G bikes... but for PC, not the N64 of course.

If anything, I remember it had 3D-ish lasers and that after you reached your killing quota, you had to drive to the center of the map to leave via a bright andshiny tube. If you didn't, this arena-wide laser would pop up and destroy absolutely everything in the arena, including you.

Also, it bragged that it had a Playstation port "coming soon". Not sure if that ever materialized.

So far I can tell you it isn't Hover, Death Track, Twisted Metal, Carmageddon, Destruction Derby, Mega Race (or its sequel), nor Necrodrome.

Pic not related.
>>
>>2870975
How is it not Carmageddon?
>>
>>2870986

There were no player portraits in the HUD. And the vehicles are too big. And there weren't any roads (like I said, it was an arena game)
>>
>>2870986
I was about to say...

but maybe you'll find it on this list here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vehicular_combat_games#Car
>>
Sounds like the Death Race films.
>>
DethKarz?
Hi-Octane?
>>
>>2870990

Already tried that too. Not there.

>>2871000

No. Both look way too polished.
>>
Nevermind. Found it.
>>
Well, since I already started this thread, I'll give you guys some minutes to try and guess the game (and no, it isn't carmageddon). Found it on archive.org. Looked for old demos (figured that sinceI played it on a sampler way back, there was always the chance that the game was unreleased. It was released, btw) and there it was.

So, I can confirm the game exist. It's apparently obscure as FUCK and the Playstation port never materialized. Can also confirm its not in the wikipedia page (which is ironic, since the game has a wikipedia page).
>>
>>2871005
wtf
>>
Just spit it out, son. Only games we play here are on retro consoles...
>>
>>2871013

Fair enough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeathDrome

https://archive.org/details/DDROME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R59SaWjP-G4

tl ;dr: 1996 PC game called Deathdrome.
>>
File: sh1_ost_jp_01_front.jpg (158KB, 807x800px) Image search: [Google]
sh1_ost_jp_01_front.jpg
158KB, 807x800px
>>2871017

were you really about to do the "nvm found it" thing?

wow
>>
>>2871023

I... actually did. I mean it, tho'. I had been looking for the game for 2 years (for some reason, I remember it as DeathDrone) and I was genuinely asked for help.

It only happened that I thought going to archive.org AFTER creating the thread.
>>
>>2871028
Not that guy, but you could have used the catalog before spamming the board with your memory loss. >>2835696
>>
>>2871035

My bad. Won't happen again.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.