[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>this red nightmare is worth $200 or more Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: l201202170000.jpg (94KB, 806x1024px) Image search: [Google]
l201202170000.jpg
94KB, 806x1024px
>this red nightmare is worth $200 or more

Why?
>>
>>2870409

'cause you faggots keep checking how much they're worth, thus creating a demand for shit.
>>
File: virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy-wario-land.jpg
41KB, 300x300px
Pic related.
Also some other actually good games like Teleroboxer and Jack Bros.

Probably not worth $200 though, VBs used to be much cheaper years ago (like $10 cheap). Now they're collector items.
Emulating also doesn't give the same experience, although I've heard emulating with an oculus or one of these VR devices is pretty close or identical.
The controller is pretty boss, too.
>>
>>2870409
because hipsters have disposable income.
>>
Collector's item and shit sales as well as the Nintendo bubble. It's an interesting console that has interesting games in it's library like teleboxer. The games aren't so shit, it's more of the console being what it is
>>
This shit gives you eye cancer
>>
Everytime I see a VB thread I always recall the time I passed one up in the mid 2000s w/box for dirt cheap at a yard sale. Throught shortly after that I should have picked it up. Who knows it might be would be worth some cash down the line but I figured who would honestly really want one of those? Did not envision >>2870565 coming along.
>>
>>2870581

if you're mad you couldn't make a $200 profit off a yard sale find... believe me you can earn that shit pretty quickly by getting a job, dude.
>>
>>2870584
Not mad just a missed opportunity I should have capitalized on. TbH I probably would have sold it way b4 it ever reached $200.
>>
>>2870591

My first exposure to the Virtual Boy was seeing them new still boxed at KayBee Toys marked down to $30... I was considering getting one when the store employees even advised against it. Years later around 2001 I ended up finding a used one in great shape with 3 games for like $60 total... I kept it for a year and then sold it to a friend that ended up selling it after a year as well... The novelty wears off quick and despite being into collecting, I am not into hoarding stuff forever. It's kinda cool for 10 minutes while freshly stoned though. I'm sure Oculus Rift and Playstation's upcoming VR will scratch the modern stoner's itch though... and no doubt that free emulators for VB will be readily available to use with superior hardware soon enough.
>>
>>2870409
Because even if most of the games range from mediocre to shit it's still a really interesting console.
>>
I remember trying the Virtual Boy out at a Toys R Us back when I was 6 years old... I felt really nauseous afterwards but I still wanted my parents to buy me one because I thought the tennis game was so cool. Thankfully they never did and I just continued playing on my SNES and Genesis till the N64 came out.
>>
>>2870576
Did give me headaches, but I played longer than I was suppose to because it was a blockbuster system rental.

I don't recall eyes feeling fatigued, just headaches.
>>
If it was color, it would have costed $500.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbGOcfOolLw
>>
>>2871124

Most games on the consoles range from decent to great, though. Although the great ones are only Wario and Teleroboxer, others like Panic Bomber, Jack Bros., Mario's Tennis, Vertical Force or Red Alarm are at least decent.

The only shit game on the VB I can think of is Waterworld, one of the few or maybe only western-developed VB game.
>>
>>2871284

but I wasn't saying it was bad because it was western-developed, I'm just saying Waterworld was the only western-developed VB game (although I think Nester's Funky Bowling was, too), more as an informative bit than anything else. Waterworld just happens to be bad, western or not.

Nice assumptions though.
>>
>>2871138
It's been known to cause eye-strain, but the biggest problem is that it actually gives you headaches from neck-strain, because it's difficult to find a comfortable position to play these things.
>>
>>2870409
Oculus Rift compatible VB emulator when
>>
>>2872793
>Oculus Rift compatible VB emulator when

In 2013

https://github.com/braindx/vbjin-ovr
>>
>>2872801
Wow
Oculus Teleroboxer time I guess
>>
>What is the secondary market

Not that many people bought it when it came out meaning that there are less people re-selling it today. Less of an item in circulation means higher prices.
>>
>>2871486
I play on my back with the console resting on my face. But the eye-strain kills it for me. At first I didn't mind it when I first got the thing, but now I react to it almost like a food aversion. It's a shame to because it has some really fun games.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 278x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 278x200px
>there will never be a Virtual Boy collection for the 3DS
>not even a VB Wario Land remake
>>
>>2870409
Because you're an eBaby. They don't cost that much irl.
>>
it's better than the Wii U tho, the majority of people don't really know anything about the virtual boy apart from the AVGN episode.
>>
Wish I bought them all out. The Target near me had them on clearance at the end for less than the value of the coupon for free batteries that came with them.
>>
>>2872845
There's already at least one VB emulator with Oculus Rift support, and the feature will definitely be added to all VB emulators once VR goes mainstream.

I don't know much about the 3DS homebrew scene, but I'm sure it's inevitable that there'll be a VB emulator for it eventually if there's not already.
>>
>>2873939
There was development started on one, but it never really got anywhere when I last checked in on the scene. I've been massively out of touch lately though.
>>
>>2873943
>I've been massively out of touch for ages
FTFY
>>
File: Virtual Boy.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Virtual Boy.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
Now I gotta show everyone
>>
File: VB Price.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
VB Price.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
That's actually what I paid for it at the store
>>
File: VB Hard Case.jpg (880KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
VB Hard Case.jpg
880KB, 1536x2048px
>>
>>2871486
i just use a giant rubber band and strap it to my face
>>
>>2873939
Some of them have 3D glasses support too, it's pretty easy to experience the handful of good games without vomiting now
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.