[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to play Donkey Kong Country 2 with my friend in Sweden.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Netplay.png (15KB, 536x474px) Image search: [Google]
Netplay.png
15KB, 536x474px
Want to play Donkey Kong Country 2 with my friend in Sweden.

We have the same ROM and emulator. (ZSNES Version 1.42)

I followed this tutorial: http://148.251.22.76/newnet/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=392&Itemid=324

Entered port number it gave on the website, but our game doesn't work. Anyone know what we're doing wrong?

Also, Netplay thread.
>>
>>2870347
Uncheck the Use UDP thing.
>>
>>2870347
Whichever one of you is the server probably needs to have that port open on your router to allow incoming requests.
>>
>>2870347
>Want to play Donkey Kong Country 2 with my friend in Sweden.
He can play it by leaving his house
>>
>>2870352
We tried that. Still nothing.

But anyways, why would we need to uncheck it?
>>
>>2870356
I'm dumb with computers. Can you explain what you mean by having the port open on my router?
>>
>>2870364
Most consumer routers by default reject all requests that come in from outside sources. So when your friend sends a request it gets as far as your router which then tells him to fuck off.

You can usually tell your router to allow incoming traffic on a particular port through its settings. Doing this will vary a bit depending on the make and model of your router.
>>
>>2870359
Dunno, it worked for me in getting it to work.
>>
>>2870371
Ok. I'll look into that. Thanks!
>>
>>2870381
Oh, the actual term is port forwarding. It's basically telling your router to forward incoming traffic on a particular port to your PC.
>>
>>2870412
Ok, I see. I wish I was smarter at computers, but I suppose this is how I learn.
>>
>>2870412
Using DMZ on the rotuer also works, but its a more drastic solution.
>>
>>2870347
As others mentionned, port forwarding is the best solution. But if you're not tech-savvy you could try using some VPN software like Hamachi. Me and my friends use this to play old LAN games like Age of Empires 2 and it's easy to set-up.
>>
File: n get youre e forever.jpg (17KB, 255x249px) Image search: [Google]
n get youre e forever.jpg
17KB, 255x249px
>>2870347
>ZSNES
>>
>>2872207

Yeah yeah, but for DKC2 it will work, especially since I doubt he will want to have a nice bunch of "Change your emulator. -Why should I, it just works! -Internet told me you should change it. -No, I'll keep it -It's not accurate. -Who giives a fuck?" etc. discussion with his friend.

ZSNES was weel known and well praised for its netplay and as such it will still be used by many many year long users.
>>
>>2870358
>>>/tv/
>>>/m/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>2872318
ZSNES does have that one bug with DKC2 that makes Klobber Karnage a fuckton more difficult than it should be.

But yeah, with most games it's not going to be a problem.
>>
>>2870359
UDP is a protocol that does not require the receiver to acknowledge to the sender that the data was received. If you are playing over large geographical distances, handshaking may be prohibitively time expensive, and thus you may need to use UDP, as opposed to TCP.

>>2870347
Could it be that neither of you have a static IP address? Unless you pay extra for a static IP, it's possible for your ISP to give you a new one dynamically, thus making it difficult or impossible to remotely access a machine. This isn't a problem over LAN, but if you are going through the internet, this may be what's causing you headaches.

Btw I know jack shit about networking.
>>
File: 1zqxzlj[1].jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1zqxzlj[1].jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>
>>2870347
>Want to play Donkey Kong Country 2 with my friend in Sweden.
Wow OP that's pretty cool. I used to have an online friend and we used to do this exact thing. Sorry I can't help you, I don't remember how I used to get ZSNES netplay to work because it was a long time ago. But yeah I do recall experiencing the exact same type of problem you're having. It was tricky getting the program to work but somehow we did. Actually, come to think of it I think what did the trick was downgrading to a previous version of ZSNES.

Anyway best of luck OP, in case you're still around. Anyone else ever play /vr/ vidya with people on the internet back in the day?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.