[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Digimon World?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (507KB, 560x470px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
507KB, 560x470px
What do you guys think of Digimon World?
>>
Seems cool, but my disc is unreadable sadly.
>>
File: Metalmamemon.png (48KB, 1057x689px) Image search: [Google]
Metalmamemon.png
48KB, 1057x689px
>>2866805
Just effectively won the game, for like the 7th time at least in my life, it's odd the moment I had the stat requirement for him my Kabuterimon digivolved

also the guide upload for anyone who wants the original strategy guide

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-JeQd4atb7vMlR1T3ZSdlg4ZDg/view?usp=sharing
>>
>>2866841
That is, the original guide with additional info, I just discovered another glitch I need to add, you'll be unable to 100% the game if you don't talk to the drimogemon cutting the shortcut to the mountain BEFORE Ogre takes over the drill tunnel, I also need to check if you can the leomon stuff as well
>>
I was obsessed with it in my childhood. Something about it just feels very relaxing. Training your Digimon every day, then watch it digivolve, seeing the city grow, exploring the bizarre world.
>>
>>2866805
A pretty solid game if unbalanced and a little frustrating. Once you start getting the hang of it it's probably one of the best monster-raising games ever.
>>
>>2866865
as far as more speed running tactics goes you just have to sell some early chips that won't affect the stats you want to raise for 4999 each, then just load up on healing/mp floppys

and then maybe use the infinite money trick, it's quicker once you have birdramon
>>
>>2866843
I've definitely beaten Ogremon prior to talking to that last Drimogemon. It stands out in my mind because you have the shopkeeper supposedly travelling through the Drill Tunnel before it's even finished.

Unless you mean the "dump the dirt" Drimogemon prior to Meramon or the cooking one you fight first?
>>
>>2866904
the dirt guy ya, he cuts the hole to Mt.Panorama, I've recruited Ogremon and now he's stuck in a loop, despite it being like over 10 days since I've beat meramon, and he's still saying it'll be done in a few days

However I can still do the leomon stuff I think, but that might be because I beat ogremon before I hit the 50 point requirement for the leomon stuff

it appears I have some work to do
>>
>>2866909
There's probably some other obscure condition besides the three day wait that you need to fulfil. If it's not related to the prosperity rate, you might need to talk to a particular newly recruited Digimon in the city. Maybe the item bank or Meramon in the restaurant?

Drimogemon definitely stands out as one of the weirdest ones to recruit though. Nowadays I usually always forget about him until the end and then end up waiting for him.
>>
File: Year 2 Still not done.png (287KB, 1265x1009px) Image search: [Google]
Year 2 Still not done.png
287KB, 1265x1009px
>>2866923
I don't know, but it's actually Year 2 Day 10, he's still digging
>>
>>2866865
I tried to play this a few weeks ago. I couldn't get into it at all. I was wondering if it was just me or did you really have to get the hang of it first.I kept getting Numemon and it kept pissing me off.
>>
>>2866904
I think that glitch is regional and was fixed in the North American version. I have NO fucking idea if I made this up or not. I just swear I heard something about t his before.
>>
>>2867019
Read the guide, I'm going to write a quick start for it as well
>>
I wanted a 3D Pokemon so fucking bad is what I think.
>>
>>2867216
But you have pokemon XD already
>>
>>2867216
XY/ORAS is 3D but they're not all that great. Also >>2867226

Honestly I like the sprites better, but opinions.
>>
>>2866824
you may want to try out a lil thing called emulation, collectorfag
>>
>>2867243
It was $1.99 at Goodwill with the original manual/case. And no thank you, I prefer the relative, usual reliability of physical copies.
>>
>>2867249
>usual reliability of physical copies.

>but my disc is unreadable sadly.

You wot m8?
>>
>>2867226
>>2867237
When I bought it new in 2000 I mean.
>>
>no way to extend your digimon's life-span by a meaningful ammount.

Game' greatest flaw.
>>
>>2867351
>usual
As in not unusual
>>
I could never beat it thanks to a pretty severe bug in the PAL (or only German?) version where one couldn't enter Ogremon's fortress. Though, this can be circumvented by a trick.
Still had a lot of fun with it. I think, I also completed all digivolution lines at one point, or almost completed I don't remember.

If the "pacing" wouldn't be so slow, I'd play the NTSC version to finally beat that game.
>>
>>2867883
AFAIK that bug is only present in the German, Spanish and Italian versions. I think someone made a patch not too long ago to fix that Ogremon's fortress problem? The US version is stable enough to play through with a handful of minor glitches and only a few session breaking bugs like Giromon's jukebox. The UK and possibly French versions fixed a few of the biggest problems and are the probably the least buggy of all the different versions.

Most of the well known bugs are ones that most people would encounter when playing through the game normally. It's one of those rare games where the bugs and glitches are part of the experience.
>>
>>2867249
>usual reliability of physical copies.
you are new to the Playstation, aren't you? Also, it isn't just your copy, Digimon World had an entire batch of discs that glitched out early in the game
>>
>>2867883
>I'd play the NTSC version to finally beat that game.

Good luck with that, the NTSC version had it's own set of glitches, it only affected like the first batch of CDs, but the game will crash really early in the game.
>>
>>2867908
A little new. I have a small number of Playstation games.My copy is the Greatest Hits, and need to be buffed, not sure if there are any other issues with it. Was one of those games I always wanted as a poor kid, but never could afford. By the time we got a playstation, the PS2 was nearing the end of the line.
>>
I've spent a few hours playing with it today and there definitely seems to be a bug or perhaps several bugs with Ogremon in Drill Tunnel.

I started the game, took the East path and beat the first three Ogremon encounters without entering Drill Tunnel once. After beating Ogremon in Drill Tunnel, the cooking Drimogemon is still flailing on the ground but won't fight, instead telling me he's fixed the sign outside. This happens every time I re-enter the area. The dirt Drimogemon tells me to get the fuck out because it's no place for amateurs, presumably because I haven't beaten cooking Drimogemon yet.

So yeah, I'm probably unable to get Drimogemon or even Meramon at this point. I think this is slightly different than what the other anon described though, since he had already beaten Meramon.
>>
How's this opening gambit for the quick start guide?

After the game starts talk to Tokomon to get a bunch of free items, do not go to the meat farm yet, train your digimon up a bit, mostly HP, get it a bit over 1k, but don't spend too much time here, leave around when the afternoon on the clock comes up to half(Sunny part), Head south to beat agumon, further south is palmon she upgrades the meat farm and you'll have giant meat on your first day, AT THE START of the evening(dark brown part), go south east to the beach and talk to coelamon, right after that's done head west and cross the repaired bridge, head back down to the beach and talk to coelamon again to recruit him, you'll next want to head back to the tropical region and go north east from the beach coelamon drops you off at, you'll find a betamon there, talk to him and recruit him as well, further east you'll find the amid forest, make sure you're at full health here and your HP is a bit over 1k so you can take 2 hits from centuramon, just walk up the lanes of the forest hiding in the alcoves where you can, don't worry about the items, you'll want to walk up to where the O is and jam the X button, after you recruit him DO NOT walk further in the dino zone, either auto pilot back to file city, or walk out. I'd suggest going to the drill tunnel next, head west in the room with 3
>>
>>2868310
You have to complete the drill tunnel before ogremon takes it over it seems
>>
>>2868763
You definitely need to have beaten it up to a certain point at least. I'm 99% sure I've beaten Ogremon after Meramon but before I've gotten Drimogemon.
>>
>>2866841
Based anon!

Now I actually have a chance of completing the game after all these years.
>>
>>2868758
>and your HP is a bit over 1k so you can take 2 hits from centuramon,

My health is over 2k, and he takes off 1300 with both hits.
>>
>>2870558
Guess I should test it, although it's still useful to have a decent amount of HP to survive finishing moves
>>
Love it. The game is rough as fuck with a million bugs and figuring out how evolution works all but demands a guide. But damn if I don't love me some super sized virtual pet with a full island to interact with. I also personally generally prefer the earlier approach to the Digtial World and the Digimon designs as well, so it has that going for it over later, better put together Digimon games for me.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.