[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roleplaying games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: tavern.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tavern.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
This is a bit of a stab in the dark, but does anybody know worthwhile /vr/ roleplaying games that put their emphasis on the roleplaying, and not on the fighting or their own narrative? Games that try to give you NPCs that interact with your character based on, well, your character. Games that not only give you skills, but maybe even traits, that might backfire on you. Games where every action you do, down to what stuff you buy in a shop, what selfless deeds you do, or how long you hesitate to do something heroic, is judged, and influences the game. Games where you genuinely enjoy playing a non-perfect character, instead of minmaxing to "beat" it.
>>
Sounds like Fallout 1 & 2 would be right up your alley.
>>
Jagged alliance 2
>>
Arcanum
Darklands
>>
>>2866290
that's nice x2sai texture filtering, bbro
>>
>>2866330

Except maybe not 2 because it's just "more of the same, only bigger and flabbier and with more Monty Python and Tom Cruise references".
>>
>>2866495
You make Monty Python references sound like a BAD thing.
>>
>>2866290
VNs.
>>
>>2866508
Where's the stats in those? Which are character driven instead of narrative driven?
The answer should be dating sims instead.
>>
>>2866290
Fallout for the west, SaGa series for the east.
>>
>>2866592
>SaGa series
waitaminit, wikipedia lists all kinds of Final Fantasy Legend games in the list of SaGa games. Does this mean that these are actually good games, independent from the Final Fantasy dreck, and Square just fucked up its marketing?
>>
>>2866502
everything has its place. I find excessive use of references and memes in RPGs very distracting, because they kind of look as if the game is not taking itself seriously. If it isn't, why should I?
>>
>>2867110
the GB SaGa were marketed as FF Legend in the west because they thought they would sell more that way,, same with Seiken Densetsu being called FF Adventure.
The games are basically an evolution of FF2's system and are completely independent from FF, if you like actual roleplay like you said down to having the commands you input during battle influence your characters' growth, that's what you want.
They're non linear, with multiple endings, most have pseudo sandbox worlds as well and multiple main characters you can choose.
Since the series vary quite a lot depending on the titles, If you have more in depth question about it the people in here will aswer to all your questions >>2819719
>>
>>2867694
>Seiken Densetsu being called FF Adventure.
Seiken Densetsu was Final Fantasy Gaiden in Japan.
>>
>>2867698
It was, they called it 聖剣伝説 〜ファイナルファンタジー外伝〜, Gaiden is a title used for spin offs but its main title was still Seiken Densetsu, womething that the western edition didn't even bother mention, which created a lot of confusion between the Legend series, Mystic Quest(which was Seiken Densetsu's localized title in Europe) and the further Seiken Densetsu/Mana installments.
>>
>>2866495
>>2866502
If you play fallout 1 and like it for the atmosphere and setting, don't play 2. If you liked it for the gameplay more than anything, give 2 a try.
>>
Planescape: Torment is the prime example. If you're okay with games that aren't actually rpgs but still have a lot of choice and focus on plot, try I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and Bladerunner. There's also Morrowind I guess.
>>
You're not going to really get that in a video game.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.