[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

post games with 3D World Maps.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: flammie[1].gif (15KB, 256x220px) Image search: [Google]
flammie[1].gif
15KB, 256x220px
post games with 3D World Maps.
>>
File: CNJJf5gVAAABY45.jpg (6KB, 200x215px) Image search: [Google]
CNJJf5gVAAABY45.jpg
6KB, 200x215px
>>2865603
>3D
>>
Pic unrelated, right OP?
>>
>>2865613
>>2865616
well how do you call them?
>>
>>2865625
That's Mode 7
>>
>>2865626
well post games with Mode 7 World Maps.
i was looking for PC games desu.
>>
>>2865613
I love this attitude that "3D" is some sort of magical capability of "3D systems" instead of you know, pixels on a screen...
>>
File: 2ukw4XT.gif (1MB, 446x270px) Image search: [Google]
2ukw4XT.gif
1MB, 446x270px
>>2865645
>>
>>2865645
I've heard people go to hell and back about how flat/gouraud shaded polygons are 3D but the same polygons with affine texture mapping are not.
>>
File: latest[1].png (303KB, 803x545px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
303KB, 803x545px
>>
>>2866338
That world map has fewer polygons than a head in a modern sandbox action game
>>
>>2865626

It's 3D graphics drawn via simple trickery involving Mode 7 and a couple of normal sprites. Three dimensions are obviously depicted in the image. The horizon is far, the dragon is high, the shadow is low and near, the big forest is at right, and the water opposite is at left. Altogether that's six directions along three dimensions. And it's animated, so you can't claim it's a flat 2D image of a 3D scene. It's just a (very simple) 3D scene.

Just in case anybody somehow isn't clear about this.
>>
Xenogears
>>
Mode 7 isn't 3D.
>>
>>2866341

Maybe a mod, probably not an official release.
>>
Terranigma comes to my mind
>>
>>2865626
That's not Mode 7, that's Roger Estep
>>
File: Gator (N64).jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gator (N64).jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>2865603
>>
File: images.png (5KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
5KB, 256x223px
>>2865603
Stand aside peasants! Make way for the dragon princess Harkljaarglkaagen or some other incomprehensible crap!
>>
File: image.jpg (176KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176KB, 1024x768px
>>2866487
Not him and I agree that it's a 3D image, and because you can also move in any direction including up & down then I would also say that Flammie sections take place in a 3D play space. And what they do with the world map + Mode 7 in SD3 is pretty awesome. The map is animated according to time of day, and so there's a night-time appearance with lights in the cities. (I would be interested in knowing whether it's the same image file being shaded differently or two different image files). And how the cinematics (such as the intro) incorporate the Mode 7 + world-map set-up as a sort-of aerial shot of the world like filmed from a helicopter. I'm not sure if I've seen other SNES/SFC JRPGs use the world map in this specific way.

The only pedantic point I would make is that OP asked for "3D World Maps", whereas the map itself is a plane with no height/altitude variation. When you navigate Flammie over mountain ranges, for example, then there's no need to increase altitude in order to clear them, because they're the same altitude as the ground and the sea.

>>2867778
Has anyone played much of this? Any good?
>>
>>2868884
>Any good?
No, not really, but it's fucking weird and I have nostalgia for it so I kind of like it.

I almost wish there were more bizarre RPGs in the same vein as Drakkhen. Not even its sequel is that weird (and is actually pretty decent).
>>
isn't it a small jpg that pans across the background while the sprite in the foreground sits still and cycles an animation
>>
>>2868884
>Has anyone played much of this? Any good?

Played it on Ste when I was like 5. Never could figure out what to do, made it into a castle or two but kept getting rekt by monsters or going outside at night and getting rekt by weird star people or flying stuff.
It's bizarre and psychedelic at times.
I went back and played it as an adult, thinking it'd be easier to understand now. It wasn't. It was somehow more confusing!
Love it though!
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.