[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some essential game translations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: rs3shot01.png (20KB, 512x444px) Image search: [Google]
rs3shot01.png
20KB, 512x444px
What are some essential game translations?
>>
>>2863970
Dunno about essential, but there were a couple of games like Mother 3 and Seiken Densetsu 3, or maybe Terranigma? Haven't really kept track of what's gotten rereleases on actual official platforms.
>>
>>2863970
Just look on RHDN for fully completed translations that appeal to you.
>>
>>2864129
I have been ones I got so far were

Romancing Saga - SO HAPPY ITS DONE
Romancing Saga 3 - Has some glitches but I loved it before
Gunmans Proof - Tried it out before but want to actually beat it
Live a Live - Same as above
Dragon Ball Z Super Saiya Densetsu - Want to try out the new translations instead of the crap I played back in the day
>>
>>2863970
was Treasure Hunter G ever fully translated?
>>
SFC/SNES version of Famicom Detective Club Part II. Music by Kenji Yamamoto (Super Metroid) and translated by Tomato (Mother 3), a great mystery game.
>>
>>2863970
Apart from the ones listed, Metal Max Returns and Brandish 2.
>>
Captain Tsubasa 2
>>
File: Radical_dreamers.png (13KB, 512x444px) Image search: [Google]
Radical_dreamers.png
13KB, 512x444px
>>2864189
Another very text-heavy game is Radical Dreamers, which came out on the BS-X satellite service for SFC. Hacked up during translation to work on emulators and flash carts. It's actually considered to be a direct sequel to Chrono Trigger. Game play is totally different though, it's more of a choose-your-own-adventure novel in game form.
>>
>>2864047
Terranigma was official in Europe. You might want a patch that turns it into NTSC though.

>>2863970
Rent A Hero
Lagrange Point
Phantasy Star 1 for the FM sound
Breath of Fire 2 retranslation
>>
>>2863970
Dynamite Headdy if you actually want the story.
>>
>>2864189
Fuck you, I was gonna recommend that.

Famicom Tantei Club is probably my favourite SNES game, and it's soundtrack and graphics is incredible.

CHECK IT OUT
>>
>>2864142
I got like 40% through RS3 and I just couldn't take it anymore. The entire game was so absurdly obtuse, I liked the battle system's ideas but it was incredibly difficult to work it out and progressing the "plot" in any way felt like so much work.
>>
>>2864142
I should add that it looks and sounds fantastic though, and I really wish it had been a bit less challenging to get into for that reason
>>
The FF6 and Earthbound uncensor patches are pretty neato and don't change either game too much.
>>
>>2865079
>EarthBound
If you're referring to the EB uncensor patch I think you are, it's incomplete.

Best, most complete effort out there is MaternalBound which basically takes the same approach as Ted Woolsey Uncensored to the thing but more compromising. It's not there to impact much outside of fixes, Mother 2 titlescreen, and words either. Also has different versions for however you think it should be done.
>>
>>2865091
MaternalBound is of a significantly lower quality than Ted Woolsey Uncensored, likely due in no small part to the cancerous EarthBound "hacking" community that erupted while the Mother 3 translation was gaining popularity
>>
I'd say Fire Emblem 4 and 5 are very important, but your mileage may very. Personally Fire Emblem 4 is a top 5 SNES game.
>>
>>2864848
Yeah, the more free form SaGa games give you little to no direction in where to go, you have to go out and continually explore and figure it out yourself. It is a big departure from other JRPG's and I can see why it can turn people off.
>>
>>2863970
SMT I and II for the SNES, you have Thor nuking Japan, Stephen Hawking fucking the world with demons and punching God into his face.
>>
>>2865632
SMT 1's translation actually made up alot of shit that wasn't present in the Japanese script, iirc.
>>
>>2864848
SaGa has always been a series about gameplay rather than storyline, with some exceptions of course.
I can see why you didn't like the game's progression, I personally adore the way the world is built, you can explore and progress the story freely at your own pace, if you want to explore you can explore, if you want a main character's story you get that, if you want side stories and world building they're right there for you to pick, but you won't get any hand holding.
If you don't like having no direction and forced story progression whatsoever SaGa isn't really for you, if you like being able to do whatever the hell you want to do and whenever you feel like, given that you also accept the game's shaping up differently, then you'll love SaGa, but it's indeed something that not many like and might very well feel empty and soulless
>>
>>2863970
Saga 2 Engrish for 3DS.
>>
>>2864848
>I want my mommy.
Get gud or go play xenosaga the slideshow. Faggot.
>>
>>2866373
There's no such thing
>>
>>2866374
Yikes there friend, are you upset about something today
>>
>>2866285
Perhaps it's just me but RS3 game off as an oddly unfinished experience as well, and not just because of the questionable translation. It seemed like they weren't done with it but had to put it out anyway

I may go back to it at some point, the only abyss gate I had beaten was the one by Muse's house, whichever that is
>>
>>2866469
>Perhaps it's just me but RS3 game off as an oddly unfinished experience as well

You're not wrong, while it's a thing common to most games, SaGa tends to make it much more evident by the lack of a true main storyline that acts as a cohesive element making unfinished things much more evident, there are in fact a few quests which were left unfinished, mostly due to time restraints.
Compared to a game that suffers from the very same issues like Xenogears, SaGa doesn't have much that can be used to hide such deficiencies, Xenogears drowns you in cutscenes and multiple little details, you don't really wonder why Dan magically reappears after 30 hours of plot with little to no reason and suddenly makes peace with Fei for no reason, the underground ruins really look suspiciously too big and empty for being just used for Emeralda's short subquest and some textboxes about the lost civilization, Seibzehn and Crescens look a bit out of place being the only gears without a Omnigear forms and so on, but again, Xenogears had tons of hours of plot exposition to make those things kind of negligible in the long run.
Even the story focused titles in the series, like Romancing SaGa 2 and Frontier 2 have been butchered by time, money and software constraints, it looks much less evident than Romancing SaGa 3 or Frontier, but you can still feel it, the good thing is that they've always been amazing games regarding mechanics, music and even looks in certain cases, so I guess it kinda evens out, at least it does for me, but again I'm not really one that plays games for their writing or stories.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.