[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were you a Nintendo Power subscriber?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: power.png (1MB, 811x816px) Image search: [Google]
power.png
1MB, 811x816px
Were you a Nintendo Power subscriber?
>>
Those feels in December 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSkO3EObFU8
>>
All his neighbors are black, yet they play Nintendo together instead of doing drive-bys.
The 90's sure were better.
>>
>>2853752

Of course the light skin nigga is gonna win with his superior Caucasian genetics granting him higher intellect over his darker skinned counterparts.
>>
>>2853835
>Mantears

My childhood is dead.
>>
>>2853752
No. My parents said magazine subscriptions were a waste of money.
>>
Damn... Baltimore is tough as nails. I'd wanna stay indoors playing Nintendo as well..
>>
>>2853845
might wanna take a look at the crime rates from the 90's and compare them to today's before saying that lol
>>
File: violenceArticle1999.jpg (205KB, 1241x1755px) Image search: [Google]
violenceArticle1999.jpg
205KB, 1241x1755px
No. I was a Mean Machines fan as a tried and true Sega kid.

Although, I always wanted to subscribe to Sierra On-Line's InterACTION magazine. It was shut down just as I got the Internet.
>>
>>2853752
I was for awhile unintentionally. When they ceased making the DC mag they substituted the rest of my subscription w/Nintendo Power.
>>
Yep, first issue was #18. Went back and got back issues for the first 12, but never got around to getting 13-17. I kept the sub up to issue 110 or so, then I stopped. I had stopped caring about the mag around issue 70 or so, when they started changing their format, but I had held on hoping they would go back.
>>
every time they offered a free game or strategy guide with a subscription
>>
>>2854169
Games, guides, sometimes if you were a member for 2-3 years straight you got a pin.

It was more then a magazine, it was a club
>>
From issue 77 through maybe a year of the Wii era. Also subbed to GamePro for most of the 90's until I realized that mag was shit, EGM from 99-when it shut down, and I think Ultra Gameplayers as well. Wanted a sub to GameFan as well, but my dumb ass chose GamePro over it. Tips & Tricks was a great mag, but not really worth a sub, on the other hand.

I still got the NP Issue 100 gold coin set, as well.
>>
>>2854586
Nintendo Power along with EGM and EGM2 were the only magazines you need as a gamer of the 90s.

Gamepro had great inserts like posters but all the material in the books would fall flat. EGM would get you tons of previews and prototypes of games.
>>
>>2853752
This letter makes me happy.
>>
>>2854607
GameFAN was good for import coverage and cool screenshots, even if the writers (Halverson, Nick Rox, Shidoshi) were complete imbeciles.
>>
File: gallery_3_234692.jpg (167KB, 906x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_3_234692.jpg
167KB, 906x1200px
Started NP with the free copy of Dragon Warrior, so that was like issue 20, with Mega Man III on the cover. Stayed with it all the way up to... right before the GBA, I think. Held onto every issue, and then left them behind when I moved out. Sometimes I wish i had them back, but I've got PDFs of the whole run, so that's at least something.
>>
>>2854614
me too. i downloaded the first 50 issues and had to post it when i came across it
>>
>>2854640

Hey, what's wrong with Sidoshi? She seems pretty cool if you don't mind the high level of weebery.
>>
>>2853752

is that NWA?
>>
>>2854651
is making mega man look retarded a meme?
>>
>>2854818
My guess would be that, back in the 80s to early 90s, the western artists who did game art didn't have much experience with Japanese cutesy anime art (or otherwise didn't think it'd appeal to western audiences) so they either tried to make their own weird adaptations of the style or discarded it entirely in favor of a style that doesn't fit the character (while MM1 falls into this of course, I think MM2 US box art better fits since the quality was overall decent enough but the style made no sense for the character and look of the game).
>>
>>2854827
It's totally just that. Nintendo Power had a lot of in house artists that made original art for video games that at the time didn't have much past their box art.

Mega Man was one of the prime examples of this due to all the Robot Masters and colorful characters. Once and awhile some Japanese control art would end up in those early issues (See Double Dragon and Mario Bros 2), but then tons of original art stuff for Ninja Gaiden, Dragon Quest, Castlevania and more would be made in house.

It was a magical time. When the internet didn't steam roll over everything
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.