[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EVO Search for Eden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

Anyone ever play EVO Search for Eden on the SNES back in the day? This was one of my favorites growing up and actually pretty educational for a kid. You start as a fish than evolve through different levels of evolutionary history. Fish, amphibian, dinosaur, Bird/mammal, Human and you get to choose what parts to evolve along the way so your character is pretty customizable for a SNES game.
>>
File: FuckingBItch.jpg (11KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingBItch.jpg
11KB, 256x223px
>>2853278
>>
EVO gets posted a shitload around here for all kinds of reasons such as soundtrack, gameplay, genre etc. Good game, got it pre-internet from a thrift store with my dad having no idea how much it was worth.
>>
i think the game is too hard, bite me
and yes I have beaten it
>>
>>2853297
That's cool to hear there's a community for it. I swear I'm the only one of friends to ever play it. New to this board btw
>>
>>2853294
Oh shit. That fucker.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>2853294
Protip to beat the shark boss in the first level. Evolve a half decent horn, save up a decent amount of extra points then ram the asshole and as soon as your horn breaks, throw on a new one. And repeat.
>>
all I remember was getting a dragon at one point and not knowing how I did it
>>
>>2853302
I dunno the only real annoying part that pissed me off was the momma yeti.
>>
>>2853330
There were certain crystals that would transformation you for a short amount of time. The dragon was probably a flying dino of some sort. You could also become a dinosaur/bird permanently if you took the leap of faith in the dino level by jumping off this one cliff.

I had one character that was a flyer with horns and a tyrannosaurus jaw which I took right to the end. The real life version would pretty much be a dragon I suppose
>>
>>2853297
How much is it worth nowadays? I'd love to get my hands on a copy some day if its still possible
>>
I do have a copy of EVO, the problem is it doesn't work at all. Does it have any value ?
>>
No, I only played it in recent years through emulation but I really wish I could make my kid self play this game.
I was a huge, HUGE fan of dinosaurs, underwater animals and pretty much anything related to prehistoric times when I was a kid, and this was before Jurassic Park, actually I think what fueled my obsession with prehistoric settings as a kid was watching this when I was 4 or 5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OlvXvzszTI

still gives me chills when I watch that intro, the Bach music fits so well.

Anyway, E.V.O reminded me of the first episode of that series a lot.
>>
File: nigger dictator laugh.gif (4MB, 298x224px) Image search: [Google]
nigger dictator laugh.gif
4MB, 298x224px
>>2853314
>then ram the asshole and as soon as your horn breaks, throw on a new one
My sides are dying, anon.
>>
File: images(2).jpg (8KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
images(2).jpg
8KB, 240x180px
>>2853458
Hahaha
>>
>>2853405
No people of color? Fuck that racist cartoon.
>>
>>2853278
The game had a lot of cool semi-hidden stuff. I only found out about the extra "go to Mars" fake ending within the last few years.

I was thinking that the PC RPG it was based on had more stuff with the aliens in it, but I don't think there was an english patch. I probably wouldn't have known it existed if it wasn't for the arranged music CDs which share some music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyee2aZhcjc

>>2853370
The dragon and the giant bat were in the hidden cloud level during the dinosaur stage. But they were pretty easy to find compared to the monkey/human and mermaid evolutions. Especially the latter, since you could only do that during the last ocean stage, which you can't return to after you finish.
>>
>>2853402
Get it VGA rated then stick it on ebay. No-one will ever know.
>>
>>2853504
>I was thinking that the PC RPG it was based on had more stuff with the aliens in it, but I don't think there was an english patch.
I have to leave for work now, but get me a download and I'll try and crack it.
>>
i rage at this game for teasing me with such a nice composition for chapter one,

then all the rest of the game's music except the boss fight is shit. The omg annoying land music of chapter 2 and 3, and everything else so short and repetitive.

Sugiyama, wtf were you doing? Compose one part of the game and then hand it to a bunch of ass kissing interns?
>>
>>2853278
Stopped at the ice age.
No clue why though, I fucking loved this game.
>>
>>2853278
Aw yes that game was the bee's knees
>>
File: ageofcow.jpg (72KB, 778x676px) Image search: [Google]
ageofcow.jpg
72KB, 778x676px
>>2853278

Played this for the first time recently. I appreciate it a lot for the general concept and of course the good parts of the music. Unexpectedly emotional parts, as well as unexpectedly ridiculous parts. I liked it all.

What I learned was that this is "Stun lock: the game." They'll do that shit to you, you have to learn how to give it back. I looked up how to get human as I got to the last boss, and as hype as that was I got my ass handed to me for fucking hours. Then I reverted back to ol' faithful here, and this bovine motherfucker's kick stopped literally every boss in their tracks with some good timing. Cow master race.

>>2853686
>land music of chapter 2 and 3, and everything else so short and repetitive.

doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-DOO-doo-doo
DEE-dee-doo-dee-doo-doo-dee-doot-doo
>>
>>2853294
I got lucky against her because i had the jump fins/back fin and managed jump over her attack, hit her, and keep mashing the attack button stunlocking her in place until she died.
>>
One of my favorite SNES games.
I thought the customizable player was amazing when I first played it.
Plus, it was fun just going around and eating weaker animals, or playing as the tiny bodied house cat or mini dino with FUCKHUGE teeth.
>>
>>2853504
I'm actually right in the middle of translating the PC-98 EVO game. I'm working with another guy who has given me the text dump and I'm translating it now. Slow going since I can't dedicate all my time on it and it's a decent chunk of text, but hey, next year maybe.
>>
>>2854356
Anyone else think Gaia was fucking hot as a kid. She made me feel unusual and I wasn't sure why.
>>
Played this for the first time a few months back, played it almost straight for 2 days until I beat it. Final boss was a motherfucker, but the game overall was tops.
>>
>>2854441

pretty, no shirt, amazing hair

yes she was hot
>>
>>2853294
FUCK THIS BEE SO MUCH
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.