[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forget the FF7 remake for a moment. Square should shelve the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: ff2ds.jpg (197KB, 692x608px) Image search: [Google]
ff2ds.jpg
197KB, 692x608px
Forget the FF7 remake for a moment. Square should shelve the project and consider remaking much earlier FF games in glorious 3D. What better way to celebrate the series than to breathe life back into the settings and characters that started it all. Unfortunately, it seems the classics have been retired to the status of mobile shovelware, complete with dumbed down mechanics for casual audiences.

How the mighty have fallen.
>>
Folks on /vr/ bitch about the DS remake for FF3. I don't know why. it seemed pretty solid to me.
>>
>>2851171
It changed the amount of enemies that could be in a single battle which borked the game's difficulty and balance.
>>
File: ee.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ee.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>2851168
The fuck is with the Jojo posing on OP's pic?
>>
>>2851176
It kinda did. Playing FFIII on DS compared to NES have two different strategies. For those who don't know, the DS version places one or two strong enemies in place of 4-6 weaker ones that the NES did.
>>
>>2851190
As a Jojo and Amanofag, stop buying into the "Jojo pose" meme. Both artists are big fans of fashion design and high fashion leading to what's normally considered outlandish costume designs, and where overtly expressive poses are the norm. Nothing is 'with' the poses, it's normal.
>>
I don't get the whole 'I want this remake' thing. The only games that need a remake are ones that have potential but a big problem with the execution.

What I'm saying is, I think only bad games need remakes so that they can become good. When a good game is remade, well history has proven that they usually just end up worse. Why would you care to see this?
>>
>>2851168
There already a million fucking versions of Final Fantasy II.
>>
>>2851248
It makes sense with certain games, pre-1990 2D games and pre-2001 3D games can look really dated these days, even if I enjoyed the games back then unless I have incredible nostalgia it can be difficult to get back into. Typically the best remakes only change the graphics and translation, while only fixing bugs/balance with the gameplay and not wildly changing how it works
>>
>>2851248
The only ports/remakes I see having been absolutely necessary were those with horrible bigs in them. It's the reason why people to this day still play the GBA FFVI after all.

As far as full remakes go Pokemon has examples of one being done right, though perhaps a little awkward, in FRLG.
>>
>>2851482
*bugs
>>
So many years since the first version of FFII and Amano's skill still hasn't improved one bit.
>>
>>2851168
FF1 remake? Sure

FF2? into the trash it goes.

FF3? undecided. everything sucks pretty bad once you crash the airship in that kingdom with the civil war
>>
>>2851168
What's the differences between the various versions of Final Fantasy 2? Doesn't it actually get better the more relevant the console is unlike the first game where it got worse after the PSX version?
>>
I'd rather have a new game instead of ANOOOOTHER remake-port.
>>
>>2851558
>Famicom: The Original Version

>Wonderswan Color: Full Remake, Graphics overhaul, parity with recent FF design choices, cutscenes, more text, auto-target, dash, more save slots, party inventory, new music

>Playstation: WSC Base, Higher-Res Graphics, Re-Composition of all music, Rewrite of script, localized into English, opening up saves to memory card space, memo save, FMVs, bestiary, art gallery, item collection, Easy Mode difficulty option

>Gameboy Advance: WSC Base, Removal of Normal difficulty, removal of option for "No Auto-Target", Low-Res Graphics remake, New items (ex: Phoenix Down), FMVs & Art gallery & item collection removed, Action-Cancel Stat Growth Bug removed, Stat Growth reworked & buffed, Amano Artwork portraits added, "Soul of Rebirth" Story Sequel added, music player added

>NTT DoCoMo FOMA 9011 (The Advent Children Phone): WSC Base, Lower-Res, Soundtrack remake

>Playstation Portable: GBA Base, Higher-Res Graphic Remake, Art Gallery & FMVs from PS1 version re-added, "Arcane Labyrinth" & "Arcane Sanctuary" Bonus Dungeons added, Defend added to battle menu

>Wii Virtual Console: Famicom Base

>Playstation Network: PS1 Base

>iOS: PSP Base, Window Color option & Art Gallery removed,

>Google Play (Android): iOS Base, "Soul of Rebirth" removed, Bonus Dungeons removed
>>
>>2851171
It's shit. I really don't know how to elaborate beyond that. It's not a great game, and then you're exchanging sprite art for terrible 3D graphics. I played through it and it was a disappointment.
>>
>>2851168
eds graphics? ew. thats like remaking it for n64 and not ps vita(ps3 graphics)
>>
>>2851168
I'd rather have FF7 get buttraped by SE than a FF game I like more.
>>
So, has anyone played this hack before?

http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/69/

I kind of want to go through FF2 again, however, I can't really find anything about this patch besides the read me on this site. Anyone else play it?
>>
>>2851572
>2015
>new and original video game/TV show/film instead of a reboot/remake/port/sequel
Oh, anon...
>>
File: Final Fantasy II[000].png (6KB, 224x144px) Image search: [Google]
Final Fantasy II[000].png
6KB, 224x144px
>>2851590
>Amano Artwork portraits added

The WSC version had these too.

I'd be curious about the various bugs between ports, if you know that information off-hand.

Some extra information I'll put out there, as well:

>Famicom
Bugs: Dual-wielding doesn't work, even though it reports the additional damage. Extended weapon effects (e.g. the Ripper's extra damage) don't work. Healing staves actually heal undead enemies instead of damaging them. HP and MP can be raised above 9999 and 999 points, which starts to display hexadecimal values instead.

>PS1
It seems the experience required for weapon masteries and spell levels was actually increased over the original Famicom version.

The English status menu was reworked to remove the magic sub window, presumably due to space constraints. In the Japanese PS1 version, there was a small window with a list of all spells the character knew. Since spell names were limited to four characters, the window didn't take up much space.

>GBA
The Japanese version redundantly specifies the MP cost of all spells. I say "redundantly" because MP cost is always equal to the spell's current level. The English version removed this feature for obvious reasons.
>>
>>2851613
>Vita
>PS3 graphics
>>
>>2851168
>tfw you will never get true to life 3D renderings of Yoshitaka's work
it hurts /vr/
>>
>>2851590
>iOS: PSP Base, Window Color option & Art Gallery removed,
>Google Play (Android): iOS Base, "Soul of Rebirth" removed, Bonus Dungeons removed

I'll never get why, even back then as they were the first Square mobile ports, FF1 and 2 had the content removed and never added back. They had black bars even back then too, I remember getting iOS years ago when I was a plebian.
>>
>>2851637
You might want to keep an eye out on this one:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,20400.0.html
>>
>>2851168
None. In fact Square should put FF on the shelf for a good while.

I don't know what it is or why, but specifically FF remakes always get shafted. DQ does well (partially because Armor Project), SaGa gets good remakes, but FF games always get it terribly wrong somewhere. Either by shitty graphics, recreating the gameplay until it's almost a completely different game, or a combination of both.
>>
>>2856595

Don't forget it's epi$$$odic
>>
>>2856728
>BAWWWWW I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THE INDUSTRY
>>
>>2851248
I like remakes because it gives me a chance to go through a game I've already liked in a different way. Even when I didn't like the remake nearly as much, it's still sometimes fun to go through.

Also this may make me weird, but I like the DS version of FFIII a little more than the original. To each their own though.

Also though I'm always down for another excuse to play it, I don't think FFII really needs another remake.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.