[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this for once and all: Deus Ex or System Shock 2?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: jcnah.jpg (30KB, 540x276px) Image search: [Google]
jcnah.jpg
30KB, 540x276px
Let's settle this for once and all: Deus Ex or System Shock 2?
>>
System Shock 2 is garbage.
>>
>>2849837
They're both quite different and are good in their own rights but I prefer Deus Ex.

However, Thief > Deus Ex and SS1 > SS2
>>
System Shock 2
>>
>>2849837

He looks really sad.
>>
>>2849935
nah
>>
OH MY GOD, J.C.!
>>
>>2849879

How is System Shock's atrmosphere compared to Thief? I loved the atmosphere of Thief.
>>
>>2849947
ITS A BOMB
>>
>>2849963
A BOMB?!
>>
>>2849935
It's because Jock died.
>>
File: Abong.png (35KB, 386x256px) Image search: [Google]
Abong.png
35KB, 386x256px
>>2849979
No, it's a BONG
>>
System Shock 2.
>>
SYSTEM SHOCK 2
>>
SS2 had the better atmoshpere and gameplay while Deus Ex the better story and opportunity for exploration. I find SS2 just a bit more enjoyable.
>>
>>2849951
The original system shock? Honestly not very good. Levels and monsters look like shit, even compared to many games before it.
>>
>>2850191

I meant SS2, but I might check out the first as well.
>>
System Shock 2, Deus Ex is just way too unpolished to enjoy without mods, but SS2 feels like a finely-tuned experience even today.
>>
>>2849837
System Shock > Deus Ex > System Shock 2 > Human Revolution > Invisible War > Bioshock > Bioshock 2 >>>>>>>> Bioshock Infinite
>>
>>2849837
SS2 is a better shooter.

Deus Ex has a more engaging plot.
>>
>>2849868
This is the truth.
>>
>>2850191
Even in the EE?
>>
I've finished DX about 6 times.
I have yet to finish SS2, and it's mostly related to weapon degradation.
>>
SS2's setting and combat is better than Dude Sex.

DE, however, has a more interesting -- or, I guess, in-depth -- plot.

I prefer SS2, but DE is very close.
>>
Deus Ex>SS1>Thief 1+2>SS2>>>Deadly Shadows>>>Bioshock>Bioshock 2>>>Human Revolution>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bioshock Infinite>>>>>>>Invisible War>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Fall
Haven't played the Thief reboot, from what I've heard I guess it would end up somewhere near Infinite and Invisible War
>>
>>2853365
>invisible war worse than the mistake that was infinite
i dont think so tim
>>
>>2849837
Glasses and trench coat. 2edgy4me
>>
>>2853372
The tiny maps with loading screens every 3 feet, universal ammo, horrible faction mechanics and how short it is and unfinished it feels drag IW down massively for me.
IW could have been great, the NG Resonance and coffee shop sub plots are both excellent and I would never deny that it has some good ideas, but it's just such a mess on a technical level and this frustrates me more than Infinite's blandness ever will.
IW feels like a terrible movie adaption of a book you love, Infinite is a dull blockbuster that you've forgotten an hour after seeing it.
>>
>>2853398

you've got about five seconds to beat it before i add you to the list of NSF casualties
>>
I always thought System Shock 2 was the hipster's choice. A more complicated design does not undo the amazing accomplishments of Deus Ex.
>>
Deus Ex is the actual System Shock 3.

It even gets a malevolent AI later on.
>>
Deus Ex so much that it's not even a comparsion. Seriously, whoever says System shock is just delusional.
>>
System Shock 2 is glorious. I've played through it many times, each in a different way.

Actually based on the Traveller career system (a 70s Sci fi RPG that you could die during character generation)

I love the fact you can go for a different characters and play them in different ways. Excellent game. Deus Ex doesn't get good until HR imo.
>>
>>2853698
Yeah, not saying that SS2 is hipster, I've enjoyed both, but I beat SS2 once and was done with it, you only have freedom in the class selection at the beginning. I've played DX many times and every time I discover something new, so many ways to resolve a situation (and it doesn't need the RPG system for that). DX for me.
>>
>>2849947

OH MY GOD JAY-Z A BONG
>>
DE is a mess of a game, SS2 hands down
>>
>>2849837
My personal list would be
> Thief 2 > SS2 > Deus Ex
If I'm being objective, then I think it's
> Deus Ex > SS2 > Thief 2
But we all know that Tetris is the perfect video game
>>
>>2853987
>DE is a mess
Nah.
>>
>>2849879
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this guy.
>>
When I think of the strengths and weaknesses of each game, SS2 is the better one in almost every way. Even more so, considering when it was released. ...But having said all that, it's not the one I've played through dozens and dozens of times.

Deus Ex, for all its unpolished, rough edges, flawed presentation and frequently terrible voice acting, just keeps pulling me back in a way that SS2 doesn't.

Perhaps it's the illusion of non-linearity. Perhaps it the Ghost in the Shell setting.
Perhaps it's simply the gameplay improvements - one of its only two areas of improvement over SS2.

I don't know what it is, but even though SS2 seems better on paper. DX just has - something-.

There's a reason it got that 'every time you mention it, someone will reinstall it' meme status.
>>
File: untitled.png (78KB, 253x118px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
78KB, 253x118px
>>2849837
Who's best AI, Icarus or Shodan?
>>
File: mywaifu.jpg (334KB, 1600x1045px) Image search: [Google]
mywaifu.jpg
334KB, 1600x1045px
>>2857624
You sure picked the most unflattering picture of SHODAN you possibly could hey
>>
>>2857624
Icarus, at least it was successful if you chose the Merge Ending.
>>
>>2857624
Icarus by a mile
For one thing he doesn't get BTFO in under 7 hours by some kid with no military training
>>
>>2853431

Still a better game than Infinite's shitfest.
>>
>>2857624
Shodan has a much bigger presence in her game, and much better lines.
But Icarus fucking scared the shit out of me.
>>
File: deus ex.jpg (888KB, 2160x2025px) Image search: [Google]
deus ex.jpg
888KB, 2160x2025px
>>
ELECTRONIC
>>
>>2857635
Infinite is a polished shit that actually succeeds at doing what it set out to do (which sadly is be shit)
IW fails at being what it wants to be and is also shit
The Fall wants to be shit but somehow fucks up and ends up being worse
>>
>>2849837
>Let's settle this for once and all: Deus Ex or System Shock 2?
System Shock 2 had cooperative multiplayer mode
Deus Ex have none coop
>>
>>2857687
Oh really?
http://www.moddb.com/mods/hx
I have never played this so it could be buggy as shit for all I know
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.