[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 2-Actraiser_2[1].jpg (15KB, 391x266px) Image search: [Google]
2-Actraiser_2[1].jpg
15KB, 391x266px
Thoughts?
>>
shitty controls. overly difficult. decent graphics.
>>
File: intothetrashitgoes.jpg (78KB, 832x584px) Image search: [Google]
intothetrashitgoes.jpg
78KB, 832x584px
>>2847230

>no simulation stages
>>
>>2847230
A good and challenging platformer, with the boring parts from Actraiser 1 removed.
>>
Better and more challenging platform stages than the first game, but made completely unremarkable due to the removal of the sim sections.
>>
>>2847230
Some fanboy is gonna appear and blame all the hate on e-celebs despite no e-celebs actually talking about the game.
>>
>>2847245
If you want to play Simcity then play Simcity, not some watered down knock-off.
>>
100% Pure Action and Excitement!

It's right there on the box, anon...
>>
File: Norm.jpg (120KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
Norm.jpg
120KB, 620x375px
>>2847230

that wing looks like a big cock.
>>
>>2847261
>If you want to play a pure platform game go play Mario

I can play that game too.
>>
>>2847270
Mario is a completely different style of platformer. Actraiser is closer to the Ghosts 'n' Goblins style, with less flowing feeling and more timing sensitivity.
>>
>>2847268
Thanks for your valued insight Norm
>>
>>2847230
Difficulty is often inconsistent and the music isn't as good as the first one, nice graphics though.
>>
>>2847268

It looks like a wing to me. I think you might be gay... go see the doctor soon.
>>
>amazing graphics
Even compared to games with enhancement ships. Easily best on the system with Demon's Crest.
>good controls
Yeah, they feel weird in the beginning, but once you actually know what you are doing, it's amazingly tight. And simple, you really only have 2 action buttons. And those invincibility frames are a god send.
>level design, enemy placement and difficulty
I like the levels themselves. Look good, some nice jumps and hidden stuff to find, but the enemy placement is not good. Especially on medium difficulty, since the number of enemies increase with the difficulty. It's quite manageable in the PAL and Japanese version, but the American version was made more difficult, namely, it gives you less lives.
Once you learn the controls, start to memorize the levels and abuse those invincibility frames, it's really manageable. I find it more enjoyable thank GnG.

>music
Sampled orchestra, many love that, I don't.
>>
>>2847268

It reminds me more of a banana
>>
I agree with other posters. The removal of the sim gameplay sections made ActRaiser 2 really forgettable.
>>
File: normsanders.jpg (38KB, 542x370px) Image search: [Google]
normsanders.jpg
38KB, 542x370px
>>2847268
But is it fast food catchphrase?
>>
>>2847254
I blame the hate on the millenials. There are many other games out there with shittier controls and greater difficulty.
>>
>>2849052
Most people who played ActRaiser 2 were probably millennials since it came out 11 years after the date that generation started.
>>
>>2848027

it's an excellent instance of a commonplace type of thing, rather than a mediocre instance of something rare and special like how the first one was

who cares, they're both good games, but for different audiences

Actraiser as a series is for almost nobody because of that, which is its biggest flaw I guess--not the ridiculous shallowness of the first game's mechanics or the second game's sad removal of the first game's most unusual bits, but rather the marriage of the two together

it almost guarantees that a person will be dissatisfied with at least one of the games
>>
>>2848027
As forgettable as every other action platformer. Like Ghouls n Ghosts or Strider. Utterly forgettable.
>>
>>2847286
Go play ghosts 'n' goblins
>>
>>2854368
>gng
>forgettable
>>
>>2847230
>poor enemy placement
>inaccurate hitboxes
>poor telegraphing
>no iframes

Bad game senpai.
>>
A good game that doesn't deserve Actraiser's name.
>>
>>2856476
What? Most of ActRaiser 1 was kept in 2. 50% of the gameplay is gone, but everything else is there. Music, graphics, setting, story, the action stages and what not. Arguably the town building was kept aswell, just streamlined. It was a cheap, simple and streamlined version of SimCity in the first place and actually didn't really fit in. The new map screen makes more sense.
>>
>>2859038
>Most of ActRaiser 1 was kept in 2
>50% of the gameplay is gone

so which one is it?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.