[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on PROBOTECTOR? >tfw no reboot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: PROBOTECTOR.png (446KB, 4096x3840px) Image search: [Google]
PROBOTECTOR.png
446KB, 4096x3840px
Your opinion on PROBOTECTOR?

>tfw no reboot.
>>
censored 50fps contra
>>
>>2845052
Hey, hey! The GB games are in 60fps and the one on the Konami GB Collection isn't even censored!!!
>>
>>2845052
>censored

That's not how you spell "improved".
>>
>ruining super c
>>
>>2845404
>calling it super c
>>
File: Super_Probotector_intro-1.png (8KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Probotector_intro-1.png
8KB, 256x224px
Bunny robots > gay marines
>>
>>2845391
>50 fps
>improved

I don't think so.
>>
>>2845651
It runs on NTSC consoles at 60fps without any issue whatsoever so your point is moot and the game is still awesome. Keep crying, though.
>>
>>2845657
But if the point is that I have an NTSC console, I can play the original game instead of this. You're the one who appears to be crying here.
>>
>>2845671
Enjoy your mansexual power fantasy then. I'll be here playing the exact same game with kickass, slick Japanese mecha designs instead.
>>
>>2845674
Enjoy your censored 50fps Contra, then.
>>
>>2845687
Lots of nerve calling our superior version censored, when you guys didn't even have the stones to call it Super Contra in the NES release. And as I said I could play it very fine on an NTSC console at 60fps.
>>
>>2845384
It's kinda stupid they kept the Probotector name in that version and not changed it back to Contra. It's not like it had a trademark issue or anything, since Contra: Legacy of War was released in PAL territories by that point.
>>
File: probo1.png (850KB, 644x631px) Image search: [Google]
probo1.png
850KB, 644x631px
>>
>>2845710
lol
>>
File: probo2.png (790KB, 635x631px) Image search: [Google]
probo2.png
790KB, 635x631px
>>2845710
>>
You can tell the millennials just got home from school.
>>
>>2845693
You guys specifically took out the organic enemies and replaced them with something eles because "aaagh no blood!!!!"

>slick Japanese mecha designs
Except the Japanese had nothing to do with it. They made Contra. YOU ripped their work up and put the robots in.

This is an extremely clear example of censorship, and regardless if you think it "improves" anything, it's still censorship, so stop arguing that it isn't.

>It plays fine on NTSC
Doesn't help the Yuros, does it? You know, the ones who censored it.

>You guys didn't call it Contra
I believe I said ORIGINAL game.
>>
>>2845727
>Except the Japanese had nothing to do with it.

Konami had literally everything to do with it. NoE only asked the changes, which were designed and put there by the same development team.

It's "censorship" in the way that it's not Contra as it was originally envisioned, but as I said, it's a stylistic improvement from my POV and the same game altogether.

>Doesn't help the Yuros, does it?

Does help people smart enough to import a Famicom. PAL sucked for almost anything NES, that's not news.

>I believe I said ORIGINAL game.

The "original" game (Super Contra) is on arcade boards, this means you cannot play it on an NTSC console, as you thoroughly said in >>2845671

Willingly or not, you censored it into Super C for some reason I'm not really sure I remember.
>>
>>2845725
Us 90s kids right? XD
>>
>>2845746
>XD

hey reddit
>>
>>2845743

>It's censorship in the way that it's not Contra
There we go, glad we're in agreement here. Except I'm not using your quotation marks because this isn't a hypothetical, it's an actual example of censorship because through all this bullshit you've spouted you and I both know that the only reason this even happened is because it has gun violence against humans and blood in it, and you guys removed it in accordance with your censorship standards and practices.
>NoE asked for it
So you're responsible for it. Japan just accommodated you.

>Does help people smart enough to import a Famicom. PAL sucked for almost anything NES, that's not news.

And yet here we have Probotector, the game specifically made for people with PAL consoles. Do you know what happens to the re-jiggered 50hz soundtrack if you put Probotector into an NTSC console?

You don't get to argue that everything is fine for the importers because then there wouldn't even BE a Probotector for everyone else, there'd just be Super C and the non-import Yuros can hang.

>The "original" game (Super Contra) is on arcade boards, this means you cannot play it on an NTSC console, as you thoroughly said in >>2845671

Fair point, well made.

>Willingly or not, you censored it into Super C for some reason I'm not really sure I remember.

Retitling something isn't censorship. Removing content is. Also Japan is responsible for the name change, nobody asked them to do it, and likely because Umezaki added new levels and may have wanted to distinguish it from actual Super Contra. Additionally, it was titled as such even in Japan on Famicom, so there's nothing for the NA version to HAVE censored.
>>
>>2845725
http://www.pewresearch.org/topics/millennials/

If you were born after the 70s, you are one.
>>
>>2845693
>you guys didn't even have the stones to call it Super Contra in the NES release

What was done out of courtesy to the fans. If it had been named that and someone said "I beat Super Contra" you would always have to ask "Do you mean Super Contra the arcade game, or Super Contra the Nintendo Entertainment System game?" Differentiating it as Super C makes it clear as day to anyone.
>>
It's robots with big whoopin guns shooting other robots with big whoopin guns, what's not to like?

One of the few examples where the censoring didn't actually mean butchering, featuring very nicely new drawn sprites and artwork and all in all converted with lots of dedication and care.
People who back then played it could even when they now know the truth say it's the better version.
>>
>>2845782
>35 year old men are millennials

No, I don't think so. Up until 5 years ago it was called something else, either gen X or Y, I can't remember. But this new "everyone is a millennial" meme has to stop. The only definition that makes sense is for kids born in 2000 or later, i.e, the start of the new millennium.
>>
>>2845807
That would be the post-millennials you're referring to. Millennials are taken to be those who weren't adults at the start of the millennium.

Don't argue with the Pew Research Centre until you have a masters in Sociology. They also defined "adult millennials" as those currently 18-33 as of Jan 2014. so yes, there are 35 year old millennials.

Feel free to look up any other sociological sources you prefer, by all means, but you won't get a very different answer as the only point of debate is whether 1980 and 1981 births count and if 1997-2000 births count.
>>
>>2845818
I have a masters in sociology and they're wrong.
>>
File: arnold_contra_predator.jpg (214KB, 544x311px) Image search: [Google]
arnold_contra_predator.jpg
214KB, 544x311px
>>2845029
Being a Europoor I own Probotector. But I've played Contra on emulator... I don't mind the robotic design as such, but when playing co-op the robots are harder to tell apart than the human soldiers. The humans has a clear red and blue shirt. The robots has too much "metal".

That's about it. Both are great games. Only spergs will hate on either. Just play some fun games and rage less.
>>
>>2845805
>It's robots with big whoopin guns shooting other robots with big whoopin guns, what's not to like?
They're shittily-designed robots.
>>
>>2845818
>arguing being "adult"
>sociology
>Pew Research Centre
>America

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>2845821
are there any gameplay or design differences in Contra or Super C that aren't cosmetic?
>>
>>2845847
The Fire Gun in Super C works differently and power-ups disappear if you don't pick them up immediately.
>>
>>2845818
>Millennials are taken to be those who weren't adults at the start of the millennium.

Then people born in 1980 wouldn't be millennials since they would have been 21 when the new millennium started in 2001. The furthest back you can go is 1984, since people born in that year would have been 17 when the new millennium started, and that's assuming you use 18 as your metric for someone being an adult like most places do.
>>
>>2845906
>didn't read the second half of the post about variance
>>
>>2845923
why
>>
/vr/ threads derail in the funniest ways

hey janitors, FUCK YOU
>>
>>2845906
>The furthest back you can go is 1984, since people born in that year would have been 17 when the new millennium started
I was born in 1984, I was 15 when 2000 started. Your maths suck.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.