[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you mostly play consoles or portables?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: potcon.png (604KB, 1448x756px) Image search: [Google]
potcon.png
604KB, 1448x756px
As I grow older, I feel I'm slowly moving away from portable gaming. In the past I played the shit out of my game boy color and even game boy advance, but as the nostalgia wears off, there seem to only be a only few gems in terms of retro portable gaming (something like link's awakening comes to mind) that still hold my interest. I find that most portable games of that time were just inferior versions of experiences you could get on the home consoles. I realize portable gaming is meant to be for on the go, but again, as I get older there are fewer and fewer situations where I would been have the chance to game outside of my home.

I know a lot of you probably get comfy at home with your game boys even though you've got great console setups available to you, so my question is why?
>>
Both. Lately I've been completing games (with password system) by switching between playing the actual SNES console with CRT TV and playing them on my PSP.
>>
mostly consoles. if i could convince my parents to buy me a game, the clear choice was usually a console game for quality and longevity. i could always replay link's awakening on the go
>>
>>2844165
as a kid my first system was a game boy color, sometimes I wonder if I had gotten a snes instead, maybe I would have never even been interested in the game boy at all
>>
File: DSCF7593.jpg (275KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7593.jpg
275KB, 1000x750px
>>2844142
>As I grow older, I feel I'm slowly moving away from portable gaming.

I'm the polar opposite of this. More and more I play portable. Partly it's because I commute on trains a lot, but even at home I often prefer to play on a handheld than the big screen a lot of the time.

I do agree with you to a point on portable games usually being less robust than the full console games. But I also play almost all retro games portable now as well because I think a lot of them look great when shrunk down.

As for actual hardware, aside from a couple of Saturns the only retro stuff I have held onto this long is portable systems.
>>
>>2844142
I play my 3DS more than anything right now. I like being able to play in any room I want without being tethered to a tv screen.

I'm also in my last few years of living with my parents, so it's nice to sit and talk with them at night while they're watching tv.
>>
>>2844142
I play consoles about 90% of the time but this may change in the future if I ever get my hands on an emulation device that can run MAME at a good framerate. I don't think I'd ever take a shit without playing Zookeeper nonstop if that happened.
>>
I grew up with computers and I predominantly play computers now.
>>
A New 3DS with a DSTWO is all I really need to satisfy my vidya urges, but naturally I boot up the big screen for what I can't emulate. I'd say they even out in the end of the day, but I still slightly prefer handhelds. It's more convenient, and also more comfortable in most cases.
>>
>>2844180
This. N3ds xl is the best way to play imo. Nice big screen, great buttons and battery life. Plus you can get the sheet battery for 30 bucks and have 15+ hours of battery. It rules for playing while taking a shit or laying in bed.
>>
>>2844397
What battery are you referring to? I'd love to replace the abysmal original battery it comes with.
>>
PC and consoles. I don't play portables.
>>
File: dqiiibox_c1.jpg (63KB, 418x403px) Image search: [Google]
dqiiibox_c1.jpg
63KB, 418x403px
I have just a ton of down time at work (Security, so either I'm bored off my ass or shit is hitting the fan, no middle ground) so I've really gotten into portable gaming lately. Especially RPGs. The fact that every Dragon Quest is on portable is amazing.

Currently playing DQ 3, 6, and Xenogears on my PSP. At home though, unless I was really sucked into one of those and want to continue, I'm usually tied to my TV playing Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.