[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream remake?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 21

File: MarioRPG.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MarioRPG.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
Mine would be Super Mario RPG HD with an arranged electronic/orchestra soundtrack, and 2d character models by Chris Niosi.
>>
>>2841318

Why? Because of that Rawest Forest flash?

I don't hate Kirbopher but his art isn't great. It would be completely out of place for a Mario game.
>>
Kirbopher is my favorite artist and animator ever. That's just my opinion, though. I agree, it might be kind of out of place for some of the game but Chris' art is amazing!
>>
>>2841318

You must be underage as fuck... SMRPG is perfect the way it is.
>>
File: ffvii_.jpg (23KB, 564x319px) Image search: [Google]
ffvii_.jpg
23KB, 564x319px
then don't complain when they change everything because the target demographics have changed since 20 years ago.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 600x450px
>>2841318
>>
I'm sure I'm alone here, but... a 3D rendition of Final Fantasy II reworked into a full-blown SaGa game. Character combos, more elaborate skill levels that give characters affinities with certain elements, sparking techniques, etc.

Would love to see cel-shaded models that bear a close resemblance to Amano's original artwork. Make them realistically proportionate as well.

One possible idea for the combo system is to borrow the spell fusion mechanic from Chrystal Chronicles. When more than one party member prepares to cast the same spell, they get linked together to form higher-tier spells like Fira, Firaga, etc. The damage could be based on the tier of the spell fusion along with the median value of each caster's skill level corresponding to that spell's element.
>>
>>2841318
Who the hell is Chris Niosi, and if that's his work in the OP image, then that's the worst idea I've ever heard.

As for me, I'd love to see a 3D remake of Chrono Trigger, that rebalances it to be less easy, but I don't trust modern SE not to fuck it up.
>>
>>2841335
Had to google this faggot to even see who yoy were talking about.

You have awful taste. Or you are a troll.
>>
File: super simple.png (714KB, 888x593px) Image search: [Google]
super simple.png
714KB, 888x593px
Super Mario RPG is a great game, but prerendered CGI does not age well.

I don't why I expected people to not get their their panties in a knot if I have a different opinion than them. I love Chris's work on TOME, Parody Rangers, The SMRPG Music videos and just his art in general.

The picture I attatched is a better example at what I'm getting at.
>>
>>2842484
It looks like an awful Gen Zed-tier animation.

Even if you don't like prerendered CGI, you don't have to cling onto the first bad animator that comes along. SMRPG could translate well into 2D animation, but this thing you're posting barely qualifies as such. It's done in a terrible flash quality where deformities and shitty animation is excused because "it's my style lel".

The choppy animation and terrible anatomy and proportions are not just "opinion", Rawest Forest is full of demonstrable horrible, horrible art with no shading and deformed anatomy that's not respectful at all to SMRPG's style.

No serious producer would ever consider remaking a game with such a terrible style.
>>
Chris' old stuff was pretty terrible, but ever since TOME he's made consistently quality and original content. Parody Rangers and Rawest Forest are kind of dumb and have mediocre animation, but TOME and Waltz of The Forest's animation are really great. Rawest Forest's animation is bad, but where's the "demonstrable horrible, horrible art" and "deformed anatomy" in Waltz? Rawest Forest is really old.
>>
File: dq11_new2.jpg (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dq11_new2.jpg
1MB, 1280x720px
A Dragon Quest III or IV remake done in this style.
>>
I'd only remake a bad game with potential... something like FFVIII
>>
File: academy winning animation.jpg (292KB, 1540x1009px) Image search: [Google]
academy winning animation.jpg
292KB, 1540x1009px
>>2842524
>Waltz of The Forest's animation are really great.
>where's the "demonstrable horrible, horrible art" and "deformed anatomy" in Waltz?
dude are you visually impaired or just baiting? this shit look like it was made in paint by a seven year old
>>
SMRPG is a delightful game- don't get me wrong; I simply have no idea why it attracts the fanbase it does. Especially around Geno. Who gives a flying fuck about Geno. Or that Cloud dude. Seriously. As soon as I had Bowser and Peach they never left the party.
>>
>>2842649

Geno is a space power ranger super saiyan
>>
>>2842658

That sounds stupid. You're stupid.
>>
>>2842649
>>2842659

Because he's neat, I guess.

I think another part is that he is an original SMRPG protagonist and therefore representative of the game as a whole.
>>
>>2842662
Mario as pantomime represents the game and Mario RPGs as a whole to me; much as I love Charles Martinet I would have loved it if Mario were depicted that way in all games afterward instead.
>>
Kirbopher's artwork is completely subpar when compared to any other artist in the industry. To expect him to be hired by any serious business is absurd, to say the least.

I would like for a remake of the Mother games with changed combat mechanics, even though those aren't the point of the games in the first place.
>>
>>2841318
Vampire Savior (insert stupid word here)

HD update with all the original class + Amingo, Ruby Heart and SonSon (they fit in well with the cast)

Along with some RED EARTH/WARZARD chars and maybe even Fire Brand and Arthur.

And some Power Stone Characters. . . .

fuck i miss old capcom.
>>
>>2842809
cast***
>>
>>2841318
>Chris Niosi,
Are you blind? That dude sucks donkey dick.
The superperior digital artist is probertson
http://probertson.tumblr.com/page/2
>>
>>2842484
>but prerendered CGI does not age well.

Currently replaying through the game. You're full of shit. It still looks fantastic.
>>
>>2842856
Renders converted to sprites generally age well, yes. The renders themselves look pretty rough though. Look at that box art again.
>>
>>2842232

I wonder what we would gain from that though? I figure it would just be better to make a new game. We have FFII. It is what it is.

I don't truly understand the urge for remakes in general I guess. Ports I understand, but full remakes feel redundant to me.
>>
>wanting SMRPG to be remade in a Newgrounds flash-style
what the fuck
>>
>>2842969
Even back then I figured they were stylized like clay models, I don't see the big deal.
>>
>>2843000
I still think that.
>>
File: twintowers1.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
twintowers1.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
Tribes 2:2, because nothing since 2 has been a real successor. The graphics are such a mess now though. I wonder if anyone has done an ascend texture/model port to T2
>>
>>2841318
Wow that's one of the dumbest pictures I've ever seen.
>>
My absolute dream remake has already been made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZr6BgeA8w8

Besides that, and remakes that change minor plot points that I don't like, my big dream is a full-colour Wario Land remake. Potentially including 2, but not 3. Just Wario taking on a horde of pirates and exploring, without any backtracking or worlds in trinkets.

Possibly using the health bar from WL4/Shake It. Using either game's graphical style would be great.

What I really want are detailed versions of the treasures and cutscenes. Especially the opening where Wario chases after and topples a pirate ship using only a tiny rowboat. Also, lots of branches and cool secrets to find in the stages.
>>
>>2843028

I know, right? It's almost difficult to mention everything wrong with it.
>>
File: ohmygodwherearemyhands.png (43KB, 168x236px) Image search: [Google]
ohmygodwherearemyhands.png
43KB, 168x236px
>>2842603
Most of those are not that far off from the offical renders. Image relevant.
>>
>>2843175
>not that far off
what is shading
what is symmetry
>>
>>2841318

Thank you for reminding me why 99% of fanart is shit.
>>
Link's Awakening with a Wind Waker-esque aesthetic.

Then make the bosses harder, maybe make some subquests longer (I.e. getting the flute), or add some mini-dungeons with non-essential rewards (graveyard?), and maybe revamp the dungeon design - less key collecting/ button pushing, and more environmental puzzles to fit the theme of abandoned and derelict dungeons.

Also removing the handholding found in the DX version (which has about twice as many hints as the original, and removed pretty much any challenge).

Link's Awakening is a wonderful game, but it can still be improved upon. And that is, I think, the key to a worthwhile remake.
>>
>>2841318
My dream remake is no remake because it would probably be shit.

Y'know like the Final Fantasy 7 remake is turning out to be.
>>
>>2842567

Gat damn, that looks pretty. Good call.
>>
After what happened with the FF7 remake abomination, I would never trust Square Enix remaking and not completely ruining any classic games, so I pray to the flying spaghetti monster they go nowhere near FF6 or Chrono Trigger. They'll just ruin it. God, imagine those turned into some generic realistic action game. The horror.
>>
Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons with those goofy animals taken out + absolute minimal amounts of changes made in order to accommodate that. Variety of filters etc, upscaling options but no changing the sprites or resolution.

>>2844212
I liked the wind waker aesthetic in 3d, didn't enjoy it at all in Minish Cap. I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe to make Link look less goofy in that opening schematic.
>>
File: 6a4.png (419KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
6a4.png
419KB, 680x680px
>>2844825
>Chrono Trigger remake
>Nomura handles the redesigns instead of Toriyama
>>
>>2844908
Toriyama has a great working relationship with SE, though. He did designs for DQH:TWTWATBB just this year and DQX last year.

Come to think of it, he also did designs and wrote the story for DBZ:XV this year, too, do is not like it's particularly difficult to get him to do video game work (even if it's just a way for him to plug Jaco, his new shitty thing).
>>
This on Virtual Console, preferably on console but if it was also on portable that would be fine too, nothing wrong with options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdiXsPTZ3QM

I'd like to see the same done for the oracle games and LttP.

I'd also like Smash Bros. (64) on VC with online play, and the extra stages like metal cavern, the tutorial video stage, battlefield and final destination available in multiplayer.

>>2844930
>DQH:TWTWATBB

Jesus Christ, that acronym.
>>
File: chaos_overlords.jpg (48KB, 640x288px) Image search: [Google]
chaos_overlords.jpg
48KB, 640x288px
I want this remade with a 3d live action style game board
with sprites similar to warhammer dark omen
or dungeon keeper/evil genius styled AI
>>
>>2844880
I was kind of thinking of a 3D version in the first place.

The current generation's 2D aesthetics are pretty meh, desu.
>>
Remakes are inherently a bad thing.
>>
>>2843175
Are you fucking joking?
>>
I would like a remake of C&C: Tiberian Dawn. Done in a style similar to Company of Heroes, but with more units and less of a focus on preserving everyone.

I feel like C&C always had issues with infantry in their games, partially due to the fact that there was no way to have them move and engage intelligently, and partially due to how fragile they are for their costs. Minigunners can only fire one tile away, while grenadiers and flamethrower units explode on death and wipe out any surrounding infantry. Rocket troops are actually pretty good, but have a high price tag and are still easily crushed and have very little movement speed. Vehicles cost far too little, so most people just massed tanks of some sort, and the airgame wasn't as big of deal as it could've been.

That said, I usually played C&C for the story and the tricky campaign missions, not for the multiplayer balance and flow.
>>
>>2844930
Not saying it will happen, just imagining it as a worst case scenario.
>>
>>2846037
I do like the idea, though I have no idea how you got the idea that C&C had a focus on preserving anything.

Except GDI mission 4b. God damn that mission.
>>
>>2846224
Is that the one where you're given like two humvees and an APC with five troops, yet have to ride to a NOD base and capture a nuke back? I still have nightmares about that.

Also, I meant the comment more in relation to CoH's engine, it's paramount that you preserve troops on there for veterancy and resources. Can't usually afford to replace a whole squad.
>>
>>2842603
Mario looks angry. MARIO CAN'T BE A BADASS LIKE THAT, FUCK'S SAKE, HE'S A CHUBBY PLUMBER, FUCKING EDGELORDS.
>>
>>2842649
It gave mario a funny and interesting lore, music was good, graphics made everything look like it was a diorama, if you're a child this shit feeds your imagination like crazy, so i guess that's what made it stick, or not.
>>
File: 144961614724.jpg (30KB, 225x273px) Image search: [Google]
144961614724.jpg
30KB, 225x273px
>>2842567
>>
>>2846730
You must really hate Smash Bros.
>>
File: gokuandvegeta.jpg (18KB, 320x237px) Image search: [Google]
gokuandvegeta.jpg
18KB, 320x237px
>>2844908
You mean you want an autistic metroseual fuckhead like Nomura to handle the artstype of a Chrono Trigger remake?

>mfw
>>
>>2847272
*metrosexual
*artstyle
>>
File: Chrono Trigger DS.jpg (157KB, 640x573px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono Trigger DS.jpg
157KB, 640x573px
>>2844825
Too late, CT has already been remade.
>>
>>2849675
I don't think that really counts.
>>
>>2847272
Nomura isn't metrosexual. He's a full blown faggot.
>>
>>2849675
enhanced port
>>
File: 1439737072984.jpg (16KB, 960x459px) Image search: [Google]
1439737072984.jpg
16KB, 960x459px
Forsaken 64 or Body Harvest. Both games felt like they were one generation early. Even just a PS2 level remake would make them whole new experiences.
>>
>>2842567
III or IV, but no V?!

Also, and HD remake of VIII.
>>
>>2847272
I think he was saying that would be horrifying, hence the image.
>>
File: TeradaZelda.jpg (172KB, 630x399px) Image search: [Google]
TeradaZelda.jpg
172KB, 630x399px
Maybe something that was garbage that could really be redeemed in the right hands... like the CDi Zelda games.

Not a bad idea - a side scrolling action adventure with cel animation and painted backgrounds. It just deserves a better execution.

Get Terada to design the characters.
>>
>>2850985
>like the CDi Zelda games.
>Not a bad idea - a side scrolling action adventure

They were basically spiritual successors to Zelda II, unfortunately.
>>
>>2842701
I'm pretty happy with the fake Italian he does in the Mario and Luigi RPGs, to be honest.
>>
>>2842567
What am I seeing here!? DQ remakes ftw!
>>
>>2841318
I imagine it would be good if it was styled like the new Mario and Luigi games. The sprites there are awesome. It would be a dream come true if it was remade on the 3ds.
>>
>>2841318
>>2842484
This version looks leagues better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ny-5YWVgC4
>>
File: kirby615.jpg (23KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
kirby615.jpg
23KB, 480x272px
Kirby 64 remake
all the beta content restored (playable Dedede, Adeleine, and Waddle Dee on any level)
More multiplayer minigames
The Dream Land 3 friends as characters for the minigames
Maybe a new world or two in the mix
Midbosses changed into something unique, not just "big common enemy"
Dark Star and 02 made more difficult and dynamic
Wide screen
No modernizations, stick to the same design ethic and polish it up/improve upon it. Don't change any voice clips or designs.
Slightly faster physics
>>
File: King of the Koopas.png (2MB, 1300x1168px) Image search: [Google]
King of the Koopas.png
2MB, 1300x1168px
>>2841318
I don't care for that awful flash quality drawing, but a SMRPG remake with 2D sprites that resemble this artwork would be cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjZQV-3GS2A
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.