[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LCD games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: nintendo_mini_lcd_game.jpg (55KB, 600x625px) Image search: [Google]
nintendo_mini_lcd_game.jpg
55KB, 600x625px
LCD games are retro. Some of them, at least.

Are there any that /vr/ still plays... or collects?
>>
I have a few of these. Anyone doing mods on LCD games? I think it's easy to do backlight and speaker mods, and a total conversion of the LCD screen to LED.
>>
>>2840147
I love these but I wish they would update them
>>
>>2840147
when i was growing up in tucson, i had one of these on my backpack but the gb was blue. kept me sane on my walks to school (with cd player + headphones) and was genuinely addicting.
>>
>>2840147
I keep mario's cement factory in the bathroom

My record is a paltry 636
>>
>>2840154
>a total conversion of the LCD screen to LED
LED screens are huge outdoor wall sized things, or else low resolution pinball/scrolling sign displays. Maybe you meant LED backlit LCD.
>>
I had one called ghostcatcher. Weirdly it had like a sort of, i dunno, attract mode? It had a little kickstand you could put out and it would play 'fur elise' whilst it showed a demo. I loved it before we got out game gear. One time I went into some kind of crazy zen mode and maxed the scoreboard at 999. At which point it rolled back down to 1 :(
>>
Oh also had tiger handheld golden axe which I loved. Hard as balls tho. Only beat it once.

When we were on holiday in france one time we bought yahtzee. But all the terms were in french. So I had to learn quite a lot of french to play it.
>>
>>2840147
I collect but they're all still in the packing so I don't play.
>>
File: Untitled.png (420KB, 1100x684px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
420KB, 1100x684px
tfw the Donkey Kong Game & Watch games cost more than a 3DS
>>
>>2840147
I had that Mario platformer and a Donkey Kong game. I don't recall what exactly they were called but played them a lot back in the day. The Donkey Kong one had you swinging from vines and freeing him from a cage iirc.
>>
>>2841942
Donkey Kong Jr. I remember the LCD screen one being basically unplayable though
>>
>>2841775
I have this. Got it from collegues when i left the job. It's pretty nice, i like the feeling of it.
>>
>>2840160

Tucson fag here.

I can confirm that living here, as a kid, you'd definitely have needed one at the time to remain sane.
>>
File: file.png (423KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
423KB, 640x360px
>>2840147
Not retro, but LCD
>>
www.pica-pic.com
>>
>>2842945
Oh shit nigga, I used to have the black Shadow hole jumping game and the gray Sonic racing game. Good times.
>>
>>2840170
Pinball displays are neon arrays, dipshit.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (30KB, 265x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
30KB, 265x400px
*de de de de deee deeeeee*
>>
>>2842945
brings back memories!
i'm pretty sure it was sold as macdonald toys back then
>>
File: Tiger-DoubleDragonII.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger-DoubleDragonII.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
had this years ago as a kid. bought one online a few yrs ago while on a nostalgic buzz (not a collector but made an exception cause its an lcd and can't be emulated)

even to this day its a surprisingly engaging and challenging game compared to the utter lcd trash that Tiger usually threw out back then
>>
>>2846178
>can't be emulated
What makes you think that? Isn't worth the effort maybe.
>>
>>2846460
What he's trying to say is that there's no emulation available, you fucking autist.
>>
File: 35754008[1].jpg (25KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
35754008[1].jpg
25KB, 550x365px
these were pretty badass

the screens, and thus the games, were interchangeable. star wars wasnt the only series they did, i also remember power rangers and a few movie themed ones
>>
>>2846470
>can't be emulated
>no emulation available

There's no equivalency here.
>>
>>2846470
Actually saying something in an incorrect way and getting butthurt when other people don't understand what you really meant is one of the hallmarks of being autistic
>>
>>2846470

http://www.pica-pic.com/

You cant emulate them in the same sense as regular games, you basically have to scan all the game assets and recreate the gameplay. It can be done, there just isn't many people doing it.
>>
File: nintendogamewatch_zelda.jpg (113KB, 500x524px) Image search: [Google]
nintendogamewatch_zelda.jpg
113KB, 500x524px
>>
>>2840147
I regret losing my collection to a "friends of parents" donation.
Still have a little grey Tetris keychain game that plays surprisingly well.
>>
Barely if at all retro but I love tamagotchi, my last one died (hardware) when I got caught in the rain and I couldn't save it, goodnight sweet prince.
>>
>>2848334
Yes.
Also though you call this simulated, not emulated.
>>
Do 'brick games' count?
>>
File: Tiger-SkeetShoot.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger-SkeetShoot.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>>2840147
Skeet Shoot is legit one of my favorite games of all time.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.