[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MIDI tunes/ 8-bit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 8-Bitch.jpg (34KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
8-Bitch.jpg
34KB, 1920x1200px
I'm currently working on a retro style RPG.

I've been searching and searching for decent sites to download MIDIs from.

Everywhere i've found so far is absolute dogshit in terms of variety, don't load at all, or have very sketchy download links.
Any help finding a decent site would be a great help, no shitty pop music though please.

Hook me up!

Also, feel free to post any sexy 8-bit/chip-break tunes, as I'm a massive nerd who lives in the past
(preaching to the choir)

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnMb4RsRyYY
>>
Learn some music theory and code a random music generator. Pick the ones that sound best.
>>
>>2838619
I'm borderline retarded when it comes to any kind of musical composition.
I'm not making the game for any kind of profit, so really I just want some kickass tunes to throw into it.
>>
really? A bunch of "retro gamers" and nobody listens to any 8-bit?

For shame guys,,, for shame.
>>
>>2838634
fuck off
>>
>>2838649
Haha.

Wow, keyboard warrior much?
>>
>>2838625
vgmusic.com ?
>>
>>2838625
I could compose some original tracks for your game, but I'm quite busy these days.
Is there a deadline or something?
>>
>>2838674
>vgmusic.com
This is perfect dude, Thanks for the response!
>>2838676
Nah there's no deadline but I can't expect you to go through all that effort.
I really appreciate the offer though. Do you have your own site or anything?
>>
>>2838651
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>2838689
Being an aggressive tit over the internet.
>>
>>2838625
I don't think you understand that people take shitty MIDI samples and turn them into the chip tunes you love. It's not that the samples suck, you just don't have any talent for the medium.
>>
>>2839693
>>2838676
Any advice on it?
Not OP but in the same spot as him. Working on a retro styled game, and in the need of music for it.
>>
File: graviton_edit.jpg (84KB, 601x571px) Image search: [Google]
graviton_edit.jpg
84KB, 601x571px
>>2840616
If you have no interest/talent in actually writing music, then you have to make people want to contribute to your project. The only meaningful way is to show off the progress you have made thus far. That's how I got someone to submit a song when I was programming my last project (still incomplete, but winter break is fast approaching). It took a lot of effort on my part to transcribe the music, but that's the toll.

If you do want to try to write your own music, use tracker software to compose the score. I was using MilkyTracker, but I think many different tracker programs can save to a common portable file format. A good tracker will allow you to define instruments with sound samples, play with envelops, encode special effects, and write music that naturally loops.

If you want to see an example of what a (poorly) working music player might look like in a retro game, you can check out my said project's github repo. Just look under audio.asm (the driver) and bgm.asm (the music). It's in assembly, but commented with pseudo-C code.
>>
>>2840941
https://github.com/gewballs/graviton
>>
>>2840941
Thanks, I have a lot of interest, but I'm afraid I might be lacking the talent. Will give it a try anyway, and if I can't make it work I'll try to get someone to help me.
>>
>>2838609
what's the setting/atmosphere of your game?
>>
>>2838609
the Taito corps. has pretty much what you want.
>>
>>2841143
I hate to be that guy, but google doesn't give me anything. Care to share link?
>>
>>2838619
>random music generator

Wouldn't that just produce Crazy Bus-tier garbage? Or have we progressed to the point where it can sound almost like actual music?

As to OP wanting some sexy 8-bit, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhZBDNQ3gas
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.