[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retro Remakes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ff6-jp.jpg (49KB, 511x512px) Image search: [Google]
ff6-jp.jpg
49KB, 511x512px
Were there any good retro remakes of other games?

pic related doesn't really count. They only added a CG opening.
>>
>>2838389
Shining Force CD
>>
File: Wild_ARMs_Alter_Code_F.jpg (31KB, 256x362px) Image search: [Google]
Wild_ARMs_Alter_Code_F.jpg
31KB, 256x362px
I've seen others on /vr/ bitch about it, but I'm quite fond of the Wild Arms remake.
>>
Ys: The Oath in Felghana is a complete revamp of Ys 3: Wanderers from Ys. I also enjoy it a lot more than the original. I think they should've just stuck with bump combat for Ys 3.
>>
HeartGold and SoulSilver were pretty good imo. FRLG was really strict and didn't allow things like cross generation evolutions to keep it "pure" and ORAS was way too lax. HGSS had just the right mix of changes to adapt to bring the game into the current Pokemon status quo without making any drastic ones.
>>
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu on the nes got a Turbografx remake
>>
>>2838695
I love the Wild ARMs, especially the 1st one that I played to death back when it was new, but I can't get into the remake. I mean, everything seems ok enough (and they've been more faithful than I expected from what little I've played), but it moves SO SLOWLY, even compared to WA3 which it was largely based off of.
I did Rudy and Jack's scenarios,then got stuck on the first screen of the dungeon in Cecilia's and just sort of silently gave up. Recently replayed 2 and wanted to get back into it, but the slowness has been making me hesitant.
>>
>>2839212
I hated FRLG's restrictions. I get why they did it, but it felt like it went against everything that Pokemon should be standing for. The trade restrictions alone were abominable, but what really bothered me was how pokemon who would be able to fully evolve in-game, like Golbat -> Crobat, were blocked for absolutely no reason.

Haven't played 6th gen at all, but I agree that HGSS was an amazing and faithful remake. When it was originally announced, I was sure they'd butcher it, and even listed off a huge number of features that I figured would be cut due to too much work or lack of support in RSE (such as apricorn pokeballs, Kanto region entirely, caching both title legends in the same game, the phone system, and more), yet they went above and beyond, even adding in a more thorough safari zone, gym leader rematch capability, all Kanto legendaries, and more. I just wish it had happened in gen 5 instead, so that we could have had it all with the benefit of how much faster menus and the game as a whole operated in gen 5
>>
>>2839730
It's been years, but I played the heck out of FR/LG. What were the restrictions exactly? I don't remember them.
>>
>>2839761
Basically, you can't trade with RSE until post-game. You also can't evolve any pokemon beyond the original 151 until post-game. Obviously the first requirement makes it impossible to obtain MOST post-151 pokemon, but stupid things happen, like being unable to evolve Golbat into Crobat, because Crobat isn't one of the 151. It evolves based on affection, so it's very much doable in theory if you use a Zubat/Golbat a lot. You also can't access the full day care to breed pokemon until post-game, although you can still use the single guy for just leveling.

It was all just so artificial and restrictive I hated it.
>>
>>2839769
Ohh right, I remember now. None of that really bothered me. It did feel a little artificial, but it also would have felt weird using a Crobat in a remake of the first. I wouldn't have minded if they did let you, but I understand them not.
>>
>>2838389
FF1 and 2 PS1 come to mind.

Also SNES/GBC DQ 1-3

>>2839730
>>2839212
I like the restrictions, but they were too strict in other ways. FRLG is weird in that they even kept gym leader teams with vanilla movesets for the most part. Cases like Sabrina's Venomoth have absolutely no point in the game because of it.

Also
>Half of the Pokemon are Poison-Type with no good Poison moves
>Sludge Bomb TM is postgame
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.