[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your most comfy roleplaying games of olde?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

File: 1360606911151.jpg (407KB, 1012x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1360606911151.jpg
407KB, 1012x1200px
What are your most comfy roleplaying games of olde?
>>
ultima IX, very buggy, but charming
>>
>>2837176
I think it was amazing what they tried to accomplish and the game certainly has a charm to it.
>>
File: khajiit thief4.png (1MB, 957x720px) Image search: [Google]
khajiit thief4.png
1MB, 957x720px
Daggerfall

I found it really hard to get into at first
and it has a huge amount of flaws for sure
but once it clicks it's really relaxing.
>>
File: Suikoden.Series.full.856587.jpg (447KB, 1356x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Suikoden.Series.full.856587.jpg
447KB, 1356x1048px
>>
Most people seem to hate it because it's designed as entry level,
but Mystic Quest is incredibly comfy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2YWT9yG52g
>>
File: wakaba dance.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wakaba dance.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I find early JRPGs in general comfy as fuck, but I would consider FFV particularly comfy.
Also, Quest 64, while horrible on almost everything else, has a particular charm.
Makes me wonder what would happen if the game wasn't rushed.

>>2837192
>Wakaba
>>
Basically any one that you've played all the way through and gotten your character(s) beyond the power level of anything that could possibly challenge you. It's power fantasy fulfillment but whatever.

>Be all like "Ruby weapon better not stick his fat nose in here while I be just fuckin around with these Chocobos"

You can get the same feeling from any game really though and it's kind of a trap that a genre that really requires no skill can give most players a more comfy feel than pulling perfect drifts around the twisties in your precisely tuned 1200hp Viper in GT2 or knife running RE.
>>
>>2837273
The game is meh, but the soundtrack is godlike. Same dude did the Rudra no Hihou OST.

Love this retro metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upPEhhzTTw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZOQ8sLO-vU

Also, my choice of comfyness goes for FF4. I finish the game every 6 months in one day or two, and it's always like the first time.
>>
>>2837181
it was a beautiful looking game when it came out i remember messing with the config to get it better looking but after the patch i remember it being buggy and kind of shat over the previous stories. but i remember it looking beautiful and comfy
>>
File: 080915_sorcerian2.jpg (41KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
080915_sorcerian2.jpg
41KB, 480x336px
I don't really want to be that guy, but I played so many "roleplaying games of olde" when I was a kid that they pretty much all invoke a nostalgic sense of soothing and comfort in me.

That said I've been playing Sorcerian lately and the sprites are cute, the backgrounds are lush, and the music is bouncy. I can't believe I overlooked this game for so long.
>>
>>
>>2837192
how do i find dungeons bro?
>>
>>2838005
By talking to people and getting quests or by finding treasure maps (in dungeons, ironically).
>>
Would you guys recommend Lands of Lore to someone who didn't play it at the time?
>>
>>2838036
get quests from a particular guild or just random assholes? (thanks btw)
>>
>>2838047
It's very pretty and has Patrick Stewart, so yes, it's pretty accessible, but only play the first one.
>>
>>2838051
Guilds are the obvious choice but you can also ask inkeepers who send you to random people or check out the local nobility in the city's castle.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.