[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game Boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

Are there any lesser known gems that are compatible with the original DMG Game Boy? Imports included.

I can think of a few games that never seem to get mentioned:

Bomberman series - There were several of these spanning DMG to Game Boy Color. A few of them include traditional versus CPU modes if you use special passwords.

Gradius - There were two of these for DMG, the first one being a rebranded Nemesis title in all regions.

Tetris sequels - Tetris 2 was ported from its NES version, and then there was Tetris Blast, which is known as Bombliss in Japan. Then there's Tetris Attack, which is really just a reskin of Panel de Pon.
>>
I like Double Dragon I and II on the Game Boy. Too is kinda simplistic, but at least it has an original plot and characters by the series' standards. 3 sucks though.
>>
>>2836102
Was there a legit two tone GBP?
>>
>>2836128
If I remember correctly "Double Dragon II" on GameBoy may be a reskinned Kunio (That Super Dodge Ball / River City Ransom guy) game that was released in America. I'm sure it is but I'm not going to google it :^)

Oh and Mario 2 might actually been Dong Dong Pong in Nippon.
>>
>>2836102
Gargoyles Quest was on Gameboy, its part of a series which was on Gameboy, then NES with Gargoyles Quest 2, then Demon's Crest on SNES. Gargoyles Quest is still the cheapest game in the series.

I wouldn't call it a "gem" but James Bond 007 is pretty fun for the ~3 hours it lasts.

I am also partial to Metroid 2, even though its lack of map can make things really confusing.
>>
File: Double_Dragon_2_GBC_ScreenShot1.gif (32KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
Double_Dragon_2_GBC_ScreenShot1.gif
32KB, 256x224px
>>2836285
>If I remember correctly "Double Dragon II" on GameBoy may be a reskinned Kunio (That Super Dodge Ball / River City Ransom guy) game that was released in America. I'm sure it is but I'm not going to google it :^)
True, but both versions are different enough to be worth playing. I actually prefer the Double Dragon version to be honest. It has my favorite rendition of the Double Dragon title theme.
>>
I remember playing contra 4 on the gameboy when I was a kid and thinking it was a really great game then later discovering that it was on the snes ,still a great port
>>
>>2836102
Cyraid is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgTZw6X9b4U
>>
>>2836102
>implying that not many games work with the original DMG Game Boy
>>
>>2836438
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJH-9GENMAA

Not enough people realize this port occurred.
>>
>>2837379
Done by Factor 5, so it had to be a quality piece of work. I enjoy it more than the SNES version since I can actually beat it and the top down stages are really fun. Operation C is also very great.

>>2836102
What you and the rest of guys here consider to be lesser known gems is really baffling... no retarded. You probably think SML1 or MM5 are hidden gems. Get real.

Great Greed
Knight Quest
God Medicine
Turok
Sword of Hope
Stop that Roach
Tekkyu Fight! - The Great Battle Gaiden
The Punisher
Ninja Taro
Buster Bros
Mysterium
Monster Max
Noboow
Alien 3
Altered Space
Fortified Zone
Penta Dragon
ZAS

The Smurfs
The Smurfs' Nightmare
Obelix
Lucky Luke
Otto's Ottifanten
>>
>>2836732
http://youtu.be/T43RAll_GNQ
>>
>>2836242
no but there should be
>>
Hammerin Harry
Trip World
Trax
>>
Faceball 2000.
Faceball is a 3D FPS with support for 16 player PvP.
It's pretty fun to play with friends.

I think I'm the only one on this board who mentions it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.