[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Km interested un getting this forma retrogaming and as htpc,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 24240210-1162-e3b20ad0.jpg (47KB, 415x270px) Image search: [Google]
24240210-1162-e3b20ad0.jpg
47KB, 415x270px
Km interested un getting this forma retrogaming and as htpc, could this run up to GC? Saturn? Nes snes would be just fine
>>
Depends, what are the specs?
>>
>>2833381
Hah! I have one for just such a reason. What version are you looking at?
>>
>>2833381

Wow that little box is adorable, mini PC I'm assuming?
>>
>>2833398
Op here, here what I found:
CPU Intel® Celeron® Processor J1900 up to 2.42GHz
Memory 1x SO-DIMM DDR3L 1.35V slot
1333MHz
Max. 8GB
LAN Gigabit LAN (Realtek RTL8111G)
Audio Realtek ALC283
Graphics Intel® HD Graphics
VGA Resolution (Max.) 2048 x 1152 @ 60Hz

I know is quadcore and supports up to 4 gb ddr3 ram
>>
>>2833558

How much is a little box like that anyway? I mean what are these called? Mini PCs?
>>
>>2833502
yes is a mini pc this is the name: GB-BXBT-1900
Gigabyte brix this is the most basic and cheap model but there are more advanced ones
>>
>>2833559
well I dont know in dollars but in mxn is cheap
>>
>>2833558
That's my exact model. Pull the trigger on it. It'll run up to PS1, no further. Kodi runs fine on it.
>>
>>2833562

Yeah I just did a bit of googling, these cute little boxes are dirt cheap, and the specs aren't too shabby.

Man why the fuck aren't people just buying these for emulator boxes?
>>
I recently bought a Brix BXBT-2807 to use as a dedicated MAME box, and it doesn't disappoint: super cheap and runs every /vr/ game I've tried just fine.

Setting it up was a bit tricky because it's too small to have a disc drive, so you have to install the OS with a USB key. It's not actually that hard, but I hadn't done it before so there was a bit of a learning curve.

Overall I'm really pleased with it though: it's tiny, silent (no fans on the BXBT-2807 model) and really cheap. As long as you don't mind not being able to emulate newer systems it's a really good buy.
>>
It can't run DOS properly (no Sound Blaser dos support) nor win98 and can't even run modern games. It's literally too new to run old games and too shitty to run modern ones. Also it's not so good for emulation.
>>
>>2833563
I know this is /vr/ so for the thread itself it doesn't really matter, but if this little thing really can't emulate anything beyond PS1/N64 gen, then it's a waste of money...
I bought an old netbook with crappy specs for 45$ and it does emulate everything up to PS1/N64 gen as well.
>>
>>2833584
>it's too small to have a disc drive
you also could just use a portable dvd drive, those have a usb port.
>>
Overpriced junk, and no, installing a system from a USB flash drive isn't "tricky" - are you guys 12 or what?
>>
>>2833584
>>2833818
What fucken year are you guys living in?
>>
>>2833760
I undestarnd a desktop might be even cheaper, is the whole comfyness of just setting it up behind the tv
>>
>>2833563
how is the performance like on ps1 and n64?
>>
File: 135560158149.jpg (38KB, 562x437px) Image search: [Google]
135560158149.jpg
38KB, 562x437px
>>2833558
LMFAO you better not have paid more than 50 dollars for that piece of shit
>>
>>2834215
Op here, helpful responses plz,
>>
real op here, this guys have dicks in theyre mouthes>>2834215
>>2834225
>>
>>2834148
If the point is using it to emulate nothing above PS1/N64, like I said a 50$ netbook is more than enough, and putting it behind a tv is not a problem either.
Even a Pi 2/arduino would suffice.
This is just an overpriced crap.
>>
>>2834285
I dont know the exchange rate but this thing is cheap where I live you cant anything like this for $50
>>
>>2834225
Yeah ok.
PS1 and N64 will run without a hitch, don't sweat it. Saturn might be problematic, probably not, but I don't really know Saturn emulation requirements.
I wouldn't count on being able to do Dreamcast. Considering you don't have a discrete graphics card in that box, I'd rule out any PS2 and Wii emulation, but you might be able to do GC with some hiccups.
I still wouldn't pay more than 50 dollars for that box, mind you.
>>
File: mike from canmore.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
mike from canmore.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>2833381
>Saturn
>The only working emulator we'll ever have is SSF, which is closed source and limited as fuck
>yabause will forever be unplayable garbage despite being worked on for over 10 years
>>
>>2834315
thanks, im looking for cheaper options after reading the backlash.
>>
>>2834304
My point is there is no need to get something like this, because if all you need is to emulate nothing beyond PS1/N64, any kind of PC from 10 years ago can do it.
The 50$ netbook i mentioned is from fucking 2007 and i bought it used from ebay, and before that i had a uber old desktop pc(Pentium 4, GeForce 7100, 1GB ram) and it still ran anything up to PS1/N64 with no problems.
Sure, this overpriced mini pc has better specs, but they're completely useless because even if better it can't perform better than shit crap from decades ago in emulation.

Plus, a Raspberry Pi 2 is 35$ and can do the same things.
I don't know how much you paid for it in dollars, but sure as hell you didn't pay it 50$ or less.

Seriously, this is like buying a 50k$ Mrunabout car with a Lamborghini motor, but limited to 40 Mph, to go to the grocery store 600 feet from home...a simple used yet in good conditions car you can buy used for 2k$ will do the job the same way.
>>
>>2834349
haven bought it yet, iM looking for something cheap that can run up to gc
>>
>>2834370
Up to GC might be a problem if cash is tight. What's your budget?
>>
>>2834375
About $250.- tops, I want to have a big screen if possible.
>>
>>2834380
and not a desktop as I need to be able to carry it around
>>
>>2834315
This is one of the most stupid/uninformed hardware "analysis" and "advice" seen on this board.
>>
Your best bet would probably be to look for a used gaming laptop. I doubt you'll find anything new that can emulate GC for that price.
>>
>>2834370
>>2834380
>>2834383
250$, up to GCN, small enough to be able to carry it around, yet having a big screen....you're kinda asking too much there man.
For the screen, you can cope with being able to hook it up to any TV/monitor, but for GCN emulation you definitely need something that has a graphic card and not an integrated one, which means gonig above 250$...
You could try with a relatively old and used gaming notebook, but used for 250$ or less you're not gonna find anything very wel performig, so you might end up with a notebook that still can't handle GCN.
>>
>>2834402
I guess Ill save more and buy a laptop. thaks
>>
op here I found this to be cheaper, can the Android Tv Android 4.2 Bluetooth with 2 gb ram ddr3 run up to n64?
>>
>>2834402
Some AMD APUs might be able to handle GCN emulation a bit maybe, but they will likely be CPU limited.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.