[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Classic Megaman Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: mm4.jpg (30KB, 256x360px) Image search: [Google]
mm4.jpg
30KB, 256x360px
Fuck 2 and 3, here's the actual best game in the series.
>>
>>2833041
That's not 9.
>>
>shittiest boss music in the entire series
>GOAT soundtrack otherwise
>annoying af charge sound
>fun boss fights for the most part
>fortress stages are shit
>but the robot master stages are awesome

Lots of pluses and negatives.
It's a good game but it's tied with 1 for me behind 2 and 3
>>
That's not Mega Man IV
>>
>>2833041
Best bosses.
Best controls.
Best secrets.
>>
3 and 4 had the best going for it.
>They upgraded that sound quality
>added layers to the music
>made new sound effects
>new color pallet to make detailed objects
> higher enemy count per frame, per stage
>increased difficulty
>mini bosses
>Motherfucker Mike's struggles made me feel nostalgic
>>
File: clitochklqbhp1chv5fx.jpg (169KB, 640x898px) Image search: [Google]
clitochklqbhp1chv5fx.jpg
169KB, 640x898px
why is the box art for mega man games so shit? was it the jew?
>>
File: 1433878837678.png (2KB, 1024x228px) Image search: [Google]
1433878837678.png
2KB, 1024x228px
>>2833041
You mean Rockman.
>>
>>2833041
>Fuck 2 and 3

Okay kiddo

Do we have to just argue about which one is best by making dumbass sweeping generalizations and stating our opinion as fact? That's more of a /v/ thing. I think for classic Mega Man fans, 1-6 & 9-10 are all fantastic and worth discussing our preferences based on their own merits. You don't have to just be all "My opinion is right and yours is wrong." Even reddit's gaming subs have smarter conversation than that and those places are dumpster fires of stupidity.

MM1 did a great job of setting everything up and creating the franchise. I'd argue it's the most difficult of the series but once you know its quirks it's probably the shortest. It also had plain colored backgrounds which is kind of weird and simple. I think MM2 has the best soundtrack, and benefits from being the most iconic of the series. I think MM3 is probably the best and most interesting, but I find it to be a bit more difficult. I can never seem to remember much of MM4 and MM5, so I can't speak to those with much authority. I think MM6 is probably my favorite by virtue of being very well rounded and incorporating elements from the rest of the series (slide, charge shot, Rush, etc.) but I think there's an argument to be made for any of them. I like 9 and 10 a whole lot, but I would be curious to see how they would play without the constrictions of the NES (slowdown, overscan, etc.)
>>
>>2833041

THE ONE TRUE RANKING

1=2=3=4=5=6=9=10

Fuck "this one is best, that one is shit." They are all great games, and I cycle through playing them all equally. I have put more time into 2,3,4, only because those are the ones I have owned the longest.

Best game series of that generation, if not GOAT.
>>
>>2834134
I'm pretty sure it was a running gag because of the first one
>>
>>2833041
>best soundtrack
>worst weapons

how does this work?
>>
>>2834520
>Pharaoh Shot
>not the coolest weapon ever
>>
>>2834525
dive missiles and rain flush are better
>>
File: zerofist.jpg (55KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
zerofist.jpg
55KB, 640x400px
>>2834484
You, I like you.
>>
>>2834484
>leaving out based 7 and 8
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2834484
You say the whole series is great, then leave out 7 and 8. Wtf?

>>2834576
This.

>>2833041
But yeah, even though I agree all the games are great, Mega Man 4 is the best in my opinion.
>>
I'm one of simple mind, so I personally like 1 & 2 the best. 3 and later never really stuck with me like those did, despite arguably being superior games technically. I am also quite fond of Mega Man & Bass, and I find it to be more enjoyable than 7, 8, and even some of the original NES ones. GB games after 2 also deserve a honorable mention.
>>
I loved Rockman and Forte loved the whole series honestly
>>
>>2834525
Yeah man I sure love losing my attack because some fuck flew above me

MM4 is the weakest of the NES entries by far
>>
>>2834852
The weakest is the first one
>>
4 > 6 > 2 > 5 > 7 > 3 > 8 > 1 > MM&B
>>
This thread is a mess
>>
>>2833041
too many spikes/10
>>
>>2833041
4 is pretty good, up there with 2 and 3. I kinda hate seeing it associated with the bland as hell 5 and 6. Only thing 5 and 6 had going for it were the really good (for NES) graphics.
>>
>>2836985

Nothing new to Mega Man discussions.
>>
3 > 4 > 9 > 10 > 6 > 2 > 5 > 1

I need to play 7, 8 & MM&B still, some day I'll get to it on the never ending back-log.
>>
>>2833041
That's not a pic of MM9, also not retro.
>>
Let's be real. Mega Boy 5 is the best.
>>
>>2834852
....you know you still have the shot, yeah? The floater is basically a free attack, which is why Pharaoh Shot is considered broken.
>>
>>2837572
Please don't post anymore. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>2834656
It's simply not arguable that 7 and 8 were overshadowed by good X games coming out near them.
>>
>>2840660
>X
>good
insert hilarious reaction image here
>>
>>2840703
The only things MM7 had going for it are the music, the graphics, the bosses, and the secrets in each stage, which is basically just an extension if what MM6 started anyway.
It's painfully fucking slow, which was probably intentional to differentiate from MMX, but it's still boring because of it. Oh, and Mega Man takes up half the fucking screen.
>>
>>2833068

/thread
>>
>>2841284
>the only good thing about this game is the entire game itself grrrr!
>>
>>2841962
Except y'know the fucking gameplay.
>>
>"classic megaman thread"
>typical ranking wars
>>
>>2842049
Which is what? Jumping and shooting? Good lord.
>>
>>2842052

Y>F>E>A>Z>T>O and you know I'm right :^)
>>
>>2833041

that's not Battle Network...
>>
>>2841284
>and Mega Man takes up half the fucking screen.
I don't think people understand how much of a dealbreaker this is, it really screws with the level design. I wonder if there's some mod out there that pans out the view a bit more.
>>
>>2843736
>Subject: Classic Megaman Thread

You're also wrong, anyway.
>>
>>2844584
Probably not possible.
>>
>>2844584
your best bet is playing the 8-bit 'demakes' of 7 and 8 for PC
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.