[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running diablo 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: images (3).jpg (24KB, 561x262px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
24KB, 561x262px
Is there a way to play this gem on modern machines? Tried virtual machine with XP, but the screen doesn't stretch at all. Compatibility modes, run as administrator, but no success.
>>
>>2832838
I just got it to run on Linux with Wine. The only issue is that the main menu is completely black, but it's not hard to navigate if you know it's structure already or watch someone else start a game. Once you are playing, it runs flawlessly.
>>
create a .bat that ends explorer.exe before running diablo. then whenever you're done just hit anykey on the command prompt window left open and it'll relaunch explorer.

googlefu will find said .bat script

source: did it myself and 3 others for a lan party
>>
>>2832845
@echo off
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
diablo.exe
pause
start explorer.exe
exit
>>
The main problem is that the game closes after the blizzard logo movie.
Does it fix this?
>>
>>2832851
try it spaghet, i dunno. it would help if you told us what OS you're on.

said fix is good for win7
>>
Forgot the OS, sry. I'm using win 8.1 on a dell laptop
>>
I played it in a xp vm, using virtualbox. Just use the scaled mode under view option in virtualbox.
>>
>>2832861
Well, the kill explorer.exe fix didn't work.
I'l try the virtualbox VM.
>>
>>2832838
There's Belzebub, which has modern compatibility, but it changes a bunch of things up.
We also have a general >>2791834

>>2832845
>>2832846
This used to work for me for the original .exe

>>2832895
Shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>2832838
thats weird op. i fired this game up on my other pc about a year ago on my with the original disc, only thing i had to change was compatibility mode but outside of that it was smooth sailing minus miscolored menu
>>
>>2832867
Put it in 256 colors and 640x480.
>>
>>2833059
same here on win7 x64. works beside the colors in the menu
>>
>>2832838
I just got a program before to make it run at higher resolutions, from Googling. Didn't want to use beezlebub or whatever the fuck because no Hellfire support and other gameplay changes I don't want right now.
Ah, found it. Windowed didn't work for me but fullscreen has done the job.
khanduras.net/repo/diablopatch008-zip/
>>
>>2832838
If you want to go the PlayStation 1 route, it works perfectly. I'm running it on ePSXe on my laptop. (Downloaded from emuparadise)
>>
You can support the Freeablo project that helps to fix that.

http://freeablo.org/
>>
Anyway to get this working without a CD drive? Can't find a no CD crack and my laptop doesn't have a CD drive
>>
>>2832838
Don't know what issues you might be having but I ran it on Win7 64bit a few years ago without much of a problem.

Unfortunately though I do not remember what I installed it from, since I have never owned the original disc as far as I know.
>>
>>2832935
Please don't say wh*re around here. That's very demeaning to us folks who like to kiss lots of people at the bar.
>>
>>2833542
That actually made me smile, thank you.
>>
>>2833426
Try an ISO and virtual drive?
>>
Look on craigslist for old PCs. I got this for free and use it only for retro games.
>>
I got two more old comps like the one in that photo. If anyone is in fort collins, co we can play some old games snd i'll give you one of my PCs
>>
>>2833426
Working no CD crack for Diablo 1: http://harpywar.com/?a=articles&b=1%E2%8C%A9=ru&d=1&lang=en
>>
If you have windows 10.1 it works perfectly, I can just run it and play, no glitches at all unlike previous windows versions
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.