[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't anybody heard of Zool? Apparently predates Megaman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 2389682-genesis_zool_eu.jpg (2MB, 1512x2100px) Image search: [Google]
2389682-genesis_zool_eu.jpg
2MB, 1512x2100px
Why hasn't anybody heard of Zool?

Apparently predates Megaman X by a year, has slopes, wall kicks, and ports to genesis, dos, and game boy. I found videos of this game today. Jumps look floating and shitty but we remember Bubsy.
>>
Yeah, I played Zool 2. In the game you could choose the male or the female character. The main sposor of the game was the Chupa Chups candy factory. So nice game.
>>
I love it, master system version has the most impressive scrolling speed I've seen on that shitty system. I think by the time they made Zool 2 the mascot craze was already dead.
>>
Zool was only popular in Europe.

Zool 1 was garbage

Zool 2 was decent, but the only console ports were the Amiga CD32 and the Jaguar. Both were unpopular
>>
My best friend had it back in the mid 90's, I think it was on the Master System. I only played for a bit, but I remember the gameplay and speed to be fucking amazing.
>>
Played a demo on PC DOS back in the day.

it was alright, made me want to suck on a chupa chups
>>
>>2831127
Yeah it's really infamous for that, but only the first level had chupa-chups placement, really. The rest of the game are straightforward platform tropes.
>>
>>2831129
>product placement
Fix
>>
>>2830959
I have the first zool for the jaguar. Bad level design, art direction will always keep it in obscurity
>>
>>2831106
>on that shitty system
Kill yourself
>>
Some times I rented this gameboy multicart to play on my GBC and one of the games was Zool. I only played it a few times, don't remember much but didn't seem like a bad game.
>>
ZOOL, MOTHERFUCKER, ZOOL

I had this for dos.

my parents were angry cuz the cover looked evil but i bought it at a computer show when i was like 5 or some shit.
>>
File: images.jpg (29KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
29KB, 251x201px
>>2830959
I rented SNES Zool back when the SNES was the current gen. I could beat the candy level, but not whatever was after that.
I saw it years later in a pawn shop or something and have it to this day.
Last time I played it I couldn't even beat the candy level.
>>
>>2831119

CD32 was popular in England and Germany senpai
>>
I finished the original Zool on dos, but I can't remember anything past the 4th world, the one with gears and screwdivers. It was overall meh, 2 seemed to have better and less chaotic level design at least.
>>
>>2831306
Stop being a buttmad fanboy you creep.
>>
>>2831920
I too, can reply like a twelve year old. Dweeb.
>>
>>2831317
Did your parents get mad at Kirby covers too? I mean those angry eyes of Kirby's are pretty menacing.
>>
It's a B-grade computer platformer which leaves it as a C-grade console platformer.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.