[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did she leave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: latest[2].png (44KB, 347x330px) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
44KB, 347x330px
Why did she leave?
>>
Her planet needed her.
>>
>>2830136
You didn't listen
>>
>>2830335
I'd already been playing Zelda for an entire decade before she showed up, I didn't need to listen.
>>
>>2830136

Her job was done. She was sent to you by the great deku tree to aid you at your quest and as soon the evil had been sealed she was no longer needed.
Notice how distant she appears the whole game, she doesn't seem to have a real bond to you, she just states plain facts and opinions. She isn't your friend, she is your guide.
As such when job done she had no problem leaving you again.
Tatl has a lot more character, being at first more or less forced to team with you and then growing fond of you over time.
>>
>>2830419
>Notice how distant she appears the whole game, she doesn't seem to have a real bond to you
>She isn't your friend, she is your guide.

>"Look, Link! You're big now! You've grown up!"
>"There is no way he is going to hold me back again! This time we fight together!"

Also, there's this:

>However, in an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, he mentions that Navi is jealous of Princess Zelda, saying that Link's Fairy companion "feels something for [him]."

http://zeldawiki.org/Navi

While Navi doesn't have much in the way of development, especially compared to Tatl, it's still pretty evident that she's fond of Link, and that she has formed a strong bond with him by the end of the game.

Tatl is better though. She's so tsundere that her last words to him are essentially "fuck off".
>>
Not retro.
>>
>>2830510
>Retro gaming means consoles, computer games, arcade games (including pinball) and any other forms of video games on platforms launched in 1999 and earlier.

How is this not retro?
>>
>>2830357
THIS IS A KEY, USE IT TO OPEN LOCKED DOORS.
>>
>>2830136
Just like Tinkerbell, her man got stolen by a slutty younger woman, and she realized she couldn't compete.
>>
File: 1352742338315.png (23KB, 132x140px) Image search: [Google]
1352742338315.png
23KB, 132x140px
>>2830138
>>
File: MajorasMaskNaviQuote1.jpg (17KB, 658x184px) Image search: [Google]
MajorasMaskNaviQuote1.jpg
17KB, 658x184px
>>2830419
>She isn't your friend, she is your guide.

Right.
>>
File: ootskullkid.jpg (48KB, 450x264px) Image search: [Google]
ootskullkid.jpg
48KB, 450x264px
The manual of Majora's Mask says that Link left Hyrule in search of an old friend.
Later I found out it was supposed to be Navi, but I remember back then, I thought it was referring to the Skullkid (remember in OOT, when you play the ocarina with the skullkids on the lost woods, you became friends with them).

I was kind of disappointed when I learned Link was searching for Navi, the game felt more meaningful if Link actually was looking for the same skullkid he met at the lost woods and it turned out he was under Majora's influence causing havok.
I guess the skullkid was just a random skullkid and not the one Link met, but I still like to think it was.

Tatl > Navi
>>
>>2831456
The Skull Kid in Majora's Mask mentions at some point (I think during the ending?) that you remind him of the fairy boy who taught him some ocarina songs. So it's definitely the same.

I think if Navi is this "invaluable friend" the whole journey itself is stupid as hell. Where does that idea come from, anyway? I like your interpretation the best, and the whole thing is vague enough for anything to make sense. Personally I thought it was Saria.
>>
>>2831470
>that you remind him of the fairy boy who taught him some ocarina songs. So it's definitely the same.

nice, I need to replay the game, didn't remember that.
>>
>>2831428
that was saria
>>
File: 23.jpg (181KB, 700x1034px) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
181KB, 700x1034px
She flew off to die of heartbreak.
>>
>>2830136
One less annoying fairy thing. Who cares why.
>>
>>2830138
underrated post
>>
>>2831485
But Saria is dead (along with the other sages)
>>
>>2831485
>>2831565
Ah wait, this is the young Link timeline, so she wouldn't be dead yet. IN that case, Link should know exactly where she is, sitting on her stump in the sacred forest meadow.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.