[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the ShadowHawk SNES ROM ever finally get leaked?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: shadowhawk-cart.jpg (34KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
shadowhawk-cart.jpg
34KB, 720x960px
Did the ShadowHawk SNES ROM ever finally get leaked?
>>
File: shadowhawk.jpg (175KB, 425x604px) Image search: [Google]
shadowhawk.jpg
175KB, 425x604px
>>2830092

wait they made a game about ShadowHawk?
>>
>>2830095

Yes... about that very same ShadowHawk character from Image Comics... However, the game got shelved and never released and somewhat recently was rediscovered, but rather than releasing the rom for free the assholes that found it (not the developers nor rightful owners) decided they were only going to sell it on repro carts... So I was curious if this shit finally leaked, because fuck them...
>>
>>2830292
Well then, someone who gets the repro will just upload it.
>>
>>2830292
Okay, maybe that was a different repro release, but I've heard they wanted to dump the rom after they sold 100 repro carts.
>>
>>2830358
>'ve heard they wanted to dump the rom after they sold 100 repro carts.

that's what they said, but then the rightful owners sent a C&D and they had to stop.

do not buy anything from those faggots, i won't even say the name.
>>
>>2830356

people who buy repros and people who rip roms are 2 very distant crowds.
>>
>>2830397

It doesn't help that they were selling the repro cart for $120 plus shipping.
>>
there was a gameplay video of it on youtube, but it got taken down some months ago.
>>
>>2830292
I'm not totally against piracy, but selling someone else's work is really fucked up.
>>
>>2830904
>but selling someone else's work is really fucked up
what did you think repro carts were?
>>
File: lobo.jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
lobo.jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
>>2830358
let me guess, the same cocksuckers selling Lobo repros are behind this bullshit too
>>
File: simpsons_nelson_haha1-1.jpg (25KB, 400x373px) Image search: [Google]
simpsons_nelson_haha1-1.jpg
25KB, 400x373px
>http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2015/04/jim-valentino-files-lawsuit-over-shadowhawk-video-game/
>
>Jim Valentino files lawsuit over ‘ShadowHawk’ video game by Kevin Melrose | April 28, 2015 @ 1:30 PM
>
>Courtesy Retro Collect
>
>Image Comics partner Jim Valentino has filed a copyright- and trademark-infringement lawsuit, claiming a company released a video game based on his signature creation ShadowHawk without his permission.
>
>In a documents filed last week in Los Angeles federal court, and first reported by Courthouse News Service, Valentino accuses Rose Colored Gaming of acquiring materials produced in the early 1990s by Nintendo for a never-released ShadowHawk 16-bit game, and then selling its own “finished” version earlier this year. What’s more, the filing insists, the company used panels from one of Valentino’s comics for the packaging.
>
>Owned by Matthew Wiggins, Rose Colored Gaming caters to “the retro gaming community,” with customized portable and home consoles, customized games, and artwork. There’s no mention of the ShadowHawk game on its website, but Retro Collect reported on the initial announcement in mid-January (the posts on the Rose Colored Gaming Facebook page linked to in the story have been deleted).
>
>In the lawsuit, Valentino claims Wiggins produced and sold the game knowing it infringed upon his rights; he allegedly acknowledged in an email that Rose Colored Gaming hadn’t “gone through the proper channels.”
>
>Valentino seeks all of his losses and all of the defendant’s profits from the sale of the game, statutory damages, and up to $2 million for the counterfeit use of his trademark, or triple the profits from the infringing activities.

Wish more repro shitbags would get sued by the people/companies they're ripping off.
>>
File: laughing girls.gif (742KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing girls.gif
742KB, 200x200px
>>2830919
>Lobo
>e for everyone
>>
>>2830919
Remember that Anon who supposedly bough one copy of Lobo and never dumped the Rom?

It was one of those faggots.
>>
The game probably sucks, but I just need to try it out regardless. Cases like these are why I bought a flash cart in the first place...
>>
>>2832156
That leak of Lobo for Genesis sucked, big time. Tried it for 30 seconds and discovered one of the most incomplete Mortal Kombat knockoffs of all time.
>>
>>2830919
no, Shadowhawk is this fag named wiggy at http://www.rosecoloredgaming.com/

the fags who released Lobo used to be called Retroquest, and are now called Piko Interactive.
>>
>>2833021
>Piko Interactive
I'm a forum member of Sega-16 and I can legit confirm that the guy is pretty fucking unscrupulous. Seriously, half the time he acts like people should be down on their hands and knees kissing the ground he walks on
>>
>>2830956

I find something incredibly hilarious about 90s image comics creators wanting to protect their ORIGINAL CHARACTERS
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.