[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xenogears

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Xenogears_box.jpg (86KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
Xenogears_box.jpg
86KB, 256x240px
What did you think of the second disc?
>>
A bad game.
A good Visual Novel.
>>
Great game, probably one of my favorites of all time, i enjoyed the mox of theology, scifi, and philosophy along with political conflict within the story and the gameplay was a great mix of fighting mechanics and rpg ones. second disc never bothered me.
>>
>>2829650 mix*
>>
It's so unfair, the plot finally stops being retarded just in time for the budget to drop out.
>>
>>2829523
The second disc looked like if they had the time and money, they could have had a pretty awesome end game. So much wasted potential. Also it would have been neat to play as enemy gears outside of the mini game.
>>
>>2829523
It sucked. It was a giant wall of text. There. Move along.
>>
>>2829523
Better than first disc.

I played this game for the story, not for the stupid gameplay.
>>
Honestly, this game should've just been an anime or manga series. The gameplay was tedious, but the plot-line was fairly interesting. There did seem to be a lot of thematic and superficial overlap with Evangelion, which was released around the same time.
>>
>>2829523
Barely a game.
>>
The second disc kind of hits home how much bullshit you really have to deal with as far as fluffing out games go. A lot of it is "We cut out driving through the over world to the next dungeon, as well as having to fill a town with dozens of NPCs offering largely irrelevant opinions on current events." On the other hand, you have what is basically Earth shattering changes like a full half of the population turning in to Cronenburg monsters just being exposited away, and major events like Shevat crashing being glossed over.
>>
>>2829523
I never got there.

The game literally put me to sleep at points.

I didn't even get too far, but I was probably 15 hours in and its just.... bad.

Hours of expository dialogue. Its not even done in an interesting way, its all sitting in a room, talking.

Gameplay is nothing special. The idea of having Mech battles and character battles is kind of cool but they aren't... different enough. They play out very similarly.

I liked the anime cutscenes, and I feel like they should've just... made an anime instead.

Basically, the story is needlessly complicated, the delivery is boring, the actual battles are boring, and its just generally a really long, slow, tedious game to get through.
>>
the story is interesting, although poorly told and paced

the "game" part is complete garbage, unfortunately
i got up to the shakhan battle before giving up, don't know if I'll ever finish it considering the things I've heard about disc 2
>>
Dropped the game 30 hours in. I gave it my all but was defeated at the Babel Tower, I just couldn't do it anymore.

Really fucking boring, even story wise. If it becomes interesting after that I don't know, but a game should take that long to become interesting
>>
fake merchant
>>
Way better than the first. I got all the story without any of the shitty battles or dungeons. The game should've been a manga or anime, but the second disc is goodish compromise.
>>
>>2832208
lol that fight sucks.

Never forget Kislev sewers
>>
>>2829523
Confusing on first playthrough. Everything just unwound so suddenly. After I read up on the lore and the production background I changed my mind on it and thought it was neat. Had they had the time and fund it would have been great.
>>
File: 1445039110036.png (2MB, 1024x1396px) Image search: [Google]
1445039110036.png
2MB, 1024x1396px
I'm on the verge of beating this game (I think). Traversing around those cyber tunnels, however dealing with random encounters every two seconds is enough to drive me nuts. At some point I'm just running from everything and praying I can get by long enough to cover ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgVr_iVra2Y
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.