[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm still confused why.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: MMSoccerUS.jpg (64KB, 640x468px) Image search: [Google]
MMSoccerUS.jpg
64KB, 640x468px
I'm still confused why.
>>
>>2828229
Why not?
>>
>>2828230
But why tho.
>>
>>2828231
>>2828229
soccer is a popular genre. I don't see why not. if every game franchise got a kart racing game, why are you confused they decided to give mega man a soccer game?
>>
>>2828234
*sport, I meant to say sport instead of genre
>>
>>2828234
These questions you've thrown back at me are meaningless.

It doesn't answer the quintessential 'why' in the slightest.

You're dancing around it like a man in a tiki mask. You know what the fuck I mean!
>>
Game was fun, there should be more soccer or sports spinoffs franchises.
>>
Soccer is already big in Europe, and with the USA World Cup coming up Capcom figure it would explode everywhere and wanted to put out a game to capitalise. Unfortunately the one they make is pretty crummy, but they at least have the popular Mega Man series, hot from X, that they can shoehorn into it to make it profitable.

The more pressing question is why didn't they release this soccer game in Europe, where it had a great chance to succeed? But then again you could ask that same question of the publishers of Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, etc.
SNES deserved their loss that gen in PAL land.
>>
>>2828236
You must be some kind of colossal idiot if you didn't understand what he was pointing out. Spin off games have always been popular. Sports are also popular, so spin off sports games are a natural direction to go with one.
Soccer is one of the most popular sports worldwide.

If you can't put two and two together at this point, seek help.
>>
Makes as much sense as Mario Golf or Tennis I guess. And Klonoa volleyball.
>>
>>2828257
I didn't come here to be insulted! Only to have a splendid time.

For this reaosn I won't read any farther than
>You must be some kind of colossal idiot
Because I take grave exception.
>>
>>2828267
>I didn't come here to be insulted!

You might want to find another website to visit then. :)
>>
>>2828265
No. Mario's spin-off makes sense since he is supposed to be an every-man or an actor. He could be Super Man and it would make sense.

>>2828252
>But then again you could ask that same question of the publishers of Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, etc.
That shit needs multiple translations. You don't want to translate a text heavy RPG multiple teams if you're afraid it won't find succes.
>>
>>2828280
>mario could be superman and it would make sense
No, it wouldn't. You're an idiot.
>>
>>2828287
Remind me what the feather does.
>>
>>2828289
It certainly doesn't give him heat vision.
>>
>>2828294
Even Superman didn't have that originally.
>>
>>2828307
Of course he didn't. Super hero stories and characters are largely repurposed myths.
>>
Like it really matters, soccer is a sissy thing anyways. Why didn't they make a mega man football? That would have been an impressive game.
>>
>>2828321
But they did. Football is the real name of the good game. The idiotic Sportsball game Americans play that's just shitty rugby is terrible.
>>
>>2828321
Mega Man Dodgeball.
>>
>>2828331
american football is manly, unlike that british sport or the sissy soccer game that calls itself football.
>>
File: 1364079562857.jpg (366KB, 640x1282px) Image search: [Google]
1364079562857.jpg
366KB, 640x1282px
>>
Its a harmless spinoff.
But the reason is capcom thinking megaman was more popular that it actually was
>>
>>2828358
>wearing pads
>manly
>>
>>2828358
>football
>uses hands

great job America

also

>has to use words like "manly" because the sport itself requires no real technical skill, only fast running and the occasional kick.
>>
>>2828364
>But the reason is capcom thinking megaman was more popular that it actually was

I'm thinking they overestimated the character itself. People just like the amazing run and gun gameplay, and the interesting items you get. Who actually gives a shit about some generic blue robot man? The name says it all. Might as well be called "Cool Boy" or "Awesome Person". Fucking Bubsy is a less generic character.
>>
I think a Megaman Futsal game (5 vs 5) could be a big hit, like the Mario sports spin offs.
>>
File: 1401247804843.jpg (87KB, 627x576px) Image search: [Google]
1401247804843.jpg
87KB, 627x576px
>>2828229
>you will never play the chan cup with Megaman Soccer
>>
I prefer the spiritual sequel, Mario Strikers
>>
>>2828229

Soccer is the single most famous sport in everywhere but the USA. There isn't a world cup for "american football", basketball nor baseball. So fuck you for being an ignorant fat fuck that thinks that the USA is all that exists. That's why. /thread
>>
>>2828717
I'm the OP and I hate all ball sports rather equally.

Caring about them is a sort of mental disorder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF_uOgyBK1c

Normal rational people become poisoned into raving morons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN1WN0YMWZU
>>
>>2828742

You are not only confused about this game, but about life in general.

Perhaps you should smoke some weed and meditate. Maybe even go play Ecco the Dolphin or something along those lines...
>>
>>2828749
Only thing that's got me confused, sugartits, is your train of thought.
>>
>>2828331
I'd just like to point out two facts to you.

1. The term soccer predated the term football in reference to the sport. Football as a standalone term was referring to rugby until the definition was shunted onto soccer.

2. Even the British preferred the term soccer as little as 15 years ago, and in fact, invented the term in the first place and have no place criticising the Commonwealth for following their lead. None of my father's soccer buddies have ever used the term football to describe soccer and they grew up in fucking Manchester.

TL;DR revisionist etymology strikes again.
>>
>>2828284
Kill yourself
>>
>>2828764

Hisasspedia
>>
>>2828778
For 5 solid hours, I had gone without the response I wanted the most.

Thank you. Thank you dear boy.
>>
>>2828789
No really, you wasted 5 hours for a stranger to reply to an inconsequential shitpost.

I'm not joking. You're a pathetic waste of space, kill yourself.
>>
>>2828864
I didn't waste any time since I've been using it doing other things.

It takes half a heartbeat to click refresh.
>>
>>2828364
This. At one point they were trying to make him into their Mario, but it never really worked.
>>
>>2828874
I suppose. Either way, at least make an effort to post productively. The most you've come up with is "spinoffs are weird".

Yes, they are.
>>
>>2828764
Common sense? Memory that stretches back more than 20 years?

Soccer = Associated Football. British slang it into Soccer more than a century ago. The term Associated Football falls completely out of favour, supplanted by the term Soccer, but not forgotten.
Rugby = Rugby Football. British shorten it into Rugby more than a century ago. "Football" becomes a catchall for all the variations of the sport, but develops an informal connotation as meaning Rugby.

Flash forward 70 years, and it now becomes possible, through the magic of television, to spectate what Americans call football (itself, obviously a variation of rugby) and what the Brits are still calling Soccer. It also becomes possible to watch all the other variations of football from around the globe.

Flash forward to late 20th century, and suddenly a group of upstarts decides that Soccer is an American term, get froggy about it, and start insisting everyone call it football, despite the term being rather unclear for at least a hundred years. Some impressionable idiots on the internet echo chamber the sentiment to ludicrous heights.

Soccer, as a term, was always meant to be a specific term for a specific sport. Football was always, and still is, a generic term for a dozen loosely related sports, and insisting the soccer is "the true football" is wrong, because if anything is "the true football," it's rugby, a sport that American football has much more in common with than soccer.
>>
>>2828761

And there are the Baseball Simulator 1.000 games of course. Not perfect either, but fun enough.
>>
>>2828252
Football is big in every other country apart from the US really m8.
>>
>>2828974
Ooga booga
>>
>>2828234
This raises the more important question of WHERE THE HELL IS MEGAMAN KART?
>>
C'mon janitor.

The thread was pretty gosh darn tame.

Do you really gotta delete random posts in it tho
>>
>>2830214
Welcome to /vr/
>>
File: esfores soccer.png (1MB, 1050x772px) Image search: [Google]
esfores soccer.png
1MB, 1050x772px
>>2828229
for the memes
>>
>>2830139
>He doesn't know
>>
File: Rockman_Battle_and_Chase_PS_A.jpg (44KB, 299x307px) Image search: [Google]
Rockman_Battle_and_Chase_PS_A.jpg
44KB, 299x307px
>>2830139
m8
>>
>>2830391
Is it any good?
>>
>>2830409
no
>>
>>2830139
That's hilarious because the only Megaman game I've ever liked was the kart racing game. You poor, poor soul.
>>
>>2830416
I don't get it.

It's Capcom.

Why can't Capcom HUSTLE? They had every power to prove people wrong that "This game is as mediocre as it sounds on paper, and looks at first glance."

Keeping those people right is a crime.
>>
>>2828353
Oh Shit. That's makes so much sense.

Megabuster/10 would at least give it a go
>>
>>2830409
Its ok
>>
>>2828750
get high and play Ecco
>>
>>2828974
No, it's not big in Australia. Here only immigrants play it and it is seen as a sport for children and homosexuals. It is also not big in New Zealand or Canada.
>>
Because fun.
>>
>>2828267
>I take grave exception
Add colossal faggot to that as well.
If your question is only "why" even an answer of "because" is more than you deserve.

>>2828289
It lets superman flap his ears and fly dingus
>>
>>2832629
It's a jokey way to type, you crazed moron.
>>
>>2832629
Dude, I think they're joking.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.