[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tsurikichi Sanpei: Blue Marlin Hen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: this is bait.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
this is bait.png
3KB, 256x224px
Famicom MOTHERFUCKING FISHING GAME Tsurikichi Sanpei: Blue Marlin Hen has been fan translated into AMERICAN.

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/2533/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSj0PauNp7o

I have to admit I have no fucking clue what the game is about but I'm intrigued.
>>
Also it has some cool art
I think it's based on a mango
>>
File: 1440721131580.jpg (184KB, 582x827px) Image search: [Google]
1440721131580.jpg
184KB, 582x827px
>>2828203
>American
>He doesn't even know about the GOAT fishing mango and animu

Wew lad, might want to put that faggotry down and go read the manga and watch the anime.
>>
>>2828210
How about I only read the mango you commie bastard. Animu is for nerds and fats
>>
>>2828212
>How about I only read the mango you commie bastard
That's a good choice, but I'm not a commie.
And as someone who grew up with the animu I can say that it's bretty gud for a TV show, especially for its time, though the manga is obiously much better.
The choice is yours, Yaguchi is a pretty good storyteller and if you like the old style fishermen stories I'm sure you'll appreciate Sanpei, you'll probably shed a few tears too.
>>
>>2828219
Well from my search the animu is too damn long (I'm looking at 100+ episodes here), so I don't think I'm going even to attempt giving it a chance, because I know that even if I like it, I will never be able to watch all of that, and I'm really weary that those type of long shows are filled with filler.
Manga at least manages to get me hooked since there's less chance of filler and they're usually on point with the plot. But we'll see, into the backlog it goes.
>>
>>2828207
Now that's a fucking cover, holy shit.
>>
>>2828224
>Manga at least manages to get me hooked since there's less chance of filler and they're usually on point with the plot.

Good luck wading through 50+ volumes then.
Also, as far as I remember there was next to no filler in the animu, it was just veeeeeeeeery long winded, but I might be mistaken because we're talking about something I've seen more than 20 years ago.
>>
>>2828250
I actually made the weird assumption that there was at least some scanlation of it, but zilch, zero, nada. I can't even find RAWS much less read their moon hieroglyphs. The only reference I found was weirdly enough a few weeks ago in an /a/ thread:
http://desustorage.org/a/thread/133458578/
>>
>>2828254
Uh, that's pretty bad, but I guess it's relatively obscure outside of mainland Europe, you guys didn't get a lot of stuff unfortunately.
>>
>>2828258
I'm actually Yuropeen as well, and it's honestly the first time I even heard of this thing, besides seeing this flyer >>2828207 before.
>>
>>2828262
>I'm actually Yuropeen as well
Oh really?
Weird, how old are you? I though Sanpei was broadcasted in all the usual nations like France, Spain and Germoney but I might be mistaken.
>>
>>2828264
I wasn't born yet when that was airing in Nipponland, but around that time, usually the animus here only aired like a decade later, and usually only the popular ones. Not exactly sure if it ever aired here but I might be wrong, or it just aired and I was too young to even remember it. But I think I would probably have heard of it if it did, because most of the stuff went into re-runs in weirder hours and in weirder channels eventually.
>>
How does it compare to Matsukata Hiroki's Super Trolling?
>>
File: fin, cuz its a fish.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fin, cuz its a fish.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
Is this related to the other Blue Marlin game on NES?
>>
Also, this.
http://www.jaytheham.com/ntknb/
>>
>>2828203
Looks awesome. I'll have to try it out when I can find the time.
>>
>>2829073
No.
>>
>>2828784
>Super Trolling
Is this what happens when you say ZSNES is the best emulator and LCDs are superior for retro gaming?
>>
>>2832313
l- lol?
>>
Is this the game where an edit of the bait gif is based from?
>>
>>2828219
I tried watching it because I had nostalgia about the show airing when I was a kid.
It was pretty comfy but I was disapointed that every arc was about Sampei trying to catch a huge fish and at some point his line would break and he has to catch it with his hands (the fish is bigger than him).
I mean, I only whatched 10 eps, but I expected a little more diversity in the sizes of the fish and the method of catching.
I'll get to watch it eventually anyway, but does it get more varied?
>>
File: River Fishing Master 2 (J)000.png (43KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
River Fishing Master 2 (J)000.png
43KB, 256x224px
looks like there's a lot of cinematic dialogue which seems annoying

played some fishing games, like super black bass and nushi tsuri 2 but it's hard playing anything more archaic than snes because the lack of samples hurt the atmosphere (sound of "water" here is using the noise channel)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.