[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>happily taking the leftovers of his high school bully Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

>happily taking the leftovers of his high school bully

Why was Squall so beta?
>>
Wait, Seifer and Riona dated?
>>
>>2827639
Briefly. He wasn't interested and she spends a good portion of Disc 1 trying to make him jealous by palling around with Squall.
>>
>>2827646
Either it's been too long since I played FF8, or the details of its story were simply beyond comprehension. Because I don't remember this AT fucking ALL.
>>
>>2827648
You find most of this out in Disc 2 and 3, waaaaaay after the fact.
>>
>>2827648
she makes a big deal of it when you get to the blue train town. disc 2 literally ends with seifer totally not kissing rinoa while squall gets stabbed by the ice shard
>>
>>2827669
>>she makes a big deal of it when you get to the blue train town. disc 2 literally ends with seifer totally not kissing rinoa while squall gets stabbed by the ice shard

squall was stabbed with the ice at the end of disc 1 you retard.

i also don't remember her saying anything about trying to make squall jealous, but i haven't played the game in awhile.
>>
>>2827681
oh shit, yuour right
>>
>>2827635
The writing in FF8 isn't good. Don't except satisfaction or sense.
>>
>>2827635
I used to jack off to the fantasy of me being Squall and getting €ucked on the reg by Seifer.
>>
File: Rinoa at party.png (2MB, 1197x907px) Image search: [Google]
Rinoa at party.png
2MB, 1197x907px
Game fucking sucks.

>>2827635
Not as beta as Irvine or the blond dude who punches everything.

EVERYONE IN FF8 IS BETA. FF8 is terrible. Yet it is somehow my favorite one to talk about.
>>
I genuinely thought this game had a fantastic romance

fite me
>>
>>2827745
>The writing in FF8 isn't good
>Don't except satisfaction or sense
>except

kek
>>
>>2827885
You mean the Laguna arc, right?
>>
File: Rinoa_lost_in_space.jpg (29KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rinoa_lost_in_space.jpg
29KB, 800x600px
Rinoa being lost in space and suffocating was my first video game fap.
>>
>>2827895

No, I mean Squall and Rinoa

That was good too, though
>>
>>2827635
Anyone have the edit of that pic that makes it look like Squall is running away? That always makes me laugh.
>>
>>2827635
>Squall repeatedly beat up mouthy ginger kid who tried to copy his style and failed
>Stole his girlfriend

Were you even paying attention?

No but seriously though, Rinoa does make a big thing about this in disc 1. She wants to rush to the tv studio to save him when he goes nuts, he only goes to the tv studio to try and help rinoa in the first place etc.

The original plot brief of the game had a much stronger emphasis on a Squall/Rinoa/Seifer love triangle, with Quistis as a wildcard, but they cut it back in the full game as it was hard to reconcile her spending all her time with you, fighting alongside you against Seifer and her being all 'but I loooove him' and stuff.
>>
>>2827912
Yeah, I mean compare the romance in this to what had come before it.

FF4:
Cecil "I love you"
Rosa "I love you too."
DONE

FF5:
Nothing to see here carry on.

FF6:
Forever Rachel. Some implied stuff with Locke and whatsherface.

FF7:
Aerith: "You think you're my dead boyfriend, so I'll flirt with you then die"
Tifa: "OK she's dead so let's have sex under the airship where everyone can see!"

Ok so Tifa's thing is actually built up a lot better than that but you know what I mean. They hadn't done a proper romance story before. Every character either started in love or got bumped off. Squall and Rinoa start not even liking each other very much and Squall ends up putting the whole world in jeopardy to save her.

"Rinoa...... Even if you end up as the world's enemy, I'll... I'll be your knight."
>>
>>2827785
That's the nature of stories. It's the ones we hate that we have the most to say about. I could spend all damn day with any of you discussing why Vagrant Story sucks.
>>
>not taking advantage of slluts trying to make some other dude jealous
it's like you guys want your dicks to stay dry

>>2828165
Seven is so good though, Dude. That way that we the players are right there with Cloud's delusions and we think that Tifa is the one acting weird and the whole flavor of his relationship with Aerith and her both seems weird and artificial then as we discover the brainfuckery that's key to the whole saving the world plot, it also reveals the reality of Tifa's feelings that she kept to herself because she knew something wasn't right with him - and how the airship scene unfolds differently if we fail to realize Tifa's tits er.. feelings are real and big.

Seven is so good.
>>
>>2828165
>Forever Rachel
One of the best music tracks in the entire series IMO. Dem feels.
>>
>>2828194
Yeah seven is good. And the whole tifa/cloud relationship is good. But as you pointed out, you can ignore it more or less. Hell, you can take Barret on a date at the golden saucer instead!

FF8 is 100% sappy lovey doveyness. I'D DIE FOR YOUUUU, I'D LIE FOR YOU YOU, YOU KNOW IT'S TRUUUUUE, EVERYTHING I DOOOOO, I DO IT FORRRR YOUUUUU.
>>
>>2827635
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>2828228
so saaaaaaad
>>
>>2828170

True fucking that. As a side note, my PC is full of stupid FF8 pictures dedicated solely for 4chan posts.
>>
>>2828165
There's no romance subplot for Cecil and Risa in FF4 because they were engaged for months before the game even starts. They're already living together.

The actual romance subplot in FF4 was between Edge and Rydia, everyone seems to forget this.
>>
>>2828407
I agree. These disgusting potential school shooters with emotional problems and society need to leave.
>>
File: Squall and Seifer.png (1MB, 1197x771px) Image search: [Google]
Squall and Seifer.png
1MB, 1197x771px
FF8 Romance:
> Two people who don't like eachother fall in love

Why didn't they make Seifer and Squall the romantic interest. They have better chemistry anyone. Plus I'm a faggot.
>>
>>2828570

It would have made more sense than Squall and Rinoa at least. Might explain all the tension between Squall and Seifer.

Pretty sure Raijin and Zell may be gay though. They compensate way too much.

And here I thought I was the only one who found Squall's torture scene to be strangely erotic.
>>
>>2827635
He took them leftovers cause those leftovers were tastier than a typical freshly cooked meal. It's also possible that he didn't get no leftovers and he was just dead the whole time, but that's just a theory. Although, it is a very convincing theory.
>>
>>2828756
What's convincing about it? Every time I hear it, it's always explained so poorly I laugh it off entirely.
>>
I think Squall just finally gave up trying to push Rinoa away. Also when she became a vegetable and she stopped being annoying (cuz she was in a magic spirit possession coma or something) he realized all along that he liked how she was annoying.

He should have gotten with FUJIN. They seemed like a good match, really.
>>
>>2828772

He should've gotten with anyone who wasn't Rinoa.
>>
>leftovers
Hate this word so much. Why do guys get so angsty about how many partners a girl has had? Don't worry about the past, worry about the present.
>>
>>2828838
Loose girl detected
>>
>>2827639

why do you think Rinoa was at a dance for a private school? She was Seifers date. He probably just finished cumming inside her when she was waltzing around with you.

you should clean your shoes BTW
>>
>>2828165
>FF8

>I will fall in love you now because it is the only way to get everyone to stop yelling at me

that's 8. Squall and Rinoa have no chemistry and everyone just berates the guy will he gives up
>>
File: 1446383766877.jpg (97KB, 850x565px) Image search: [Google]
1446383766877.jpg
97KB, 850x565px
>>2828849
>males are not emotionally mature enough to understand polyamorous and open relationships like us women.
>>
File: otp.jpg (380KB, 850x1203px) Image search: [Google]
otp.jpg
380KB, 850x1203px
best romance was 9

>Characters actually become closer together and bond over the course of an adventure
>Actually have extended dialogues together
>actually help each other grow as people
>>
File: 1415675545564.png (767KB, 892x458px) Image search: [Google]
1415675545564.png
767KB, 892x458px
>>2828869
Stop
>>
>>2828869
Everything in that article is wrong.
>>
>>2828838
God forbid someone has some standards and doesn't want an STD hive for a wife.
>>
>>2828838
37dicks.webm
>>
>>2828543
You're right. I did. But again, it's pretty minor, though very cute.
>>
>>2828740
Zell has his own romance sideplot with the librarian girl, but you may be right about raijin.
>>
>>2828765
It's nonsense. Entire theory is based around reinterpreting events in the game to match the theory. It's well written, but if you know anything about factual misrepresentation then you'll just get upset.
>>
>>2828853
No chemistry? Did you see that dance scene?
>>
>>2829812
>Zell has his own romance sideplot with the hot dogs
>>
>>2829826

yeah that was really romantic the way she had to forcibly drag him onto the floor.

Do you know what Chemistry is?
>>
>>2829831
Yeah it's where you end the dance scene just about to make out and continue staring at each other for just a moment longer than everyone else after the fireworks go off.

Just because he doesn't immediately go "hot damn baby yeah I'll dance with you" doesn't mean they don't have chemistry. The dude's an insular anti-social prick at this point, actually dancing with her at all shows how interested he actually is. I mean, seriously, I'm an insular anti-social prick too and my wife is the only person who could get me onto a dance floor.
>>
>>2828170
>I could spend all damn day with any of you discussing why Vagrant Story sucks.
so it's not worth playing? I've never touched it for longer than an hour
>>
>>2828170
>why Vagrant Story sucks.

Ok, why?
>>
>>2830212
>my wife
Have you two incorporated the BBC into your relationship yet?
>>
>>2830331
Does iPlayer count?
>>
>>2830396
No..only huge black dingus counts
>>
File: vs.jpg (23KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
23KB, 540x405px
>>2828170

But that's wrong. Vagrant Story's STORY is excellent.
>>
>>2830612
I like VS but its story is presented poorly for the most part.
>>
>>2830616

Even for the time, getting through VS is tough with how slowly things progress in terms of gameplay and handling. And the narrative is so broken up between massive stretches of dungeon crawling and brutality.

Still, past its flaws, I think its one of those under appreciated gems, rough cut but amazingly deep and difficult. Old relative of the Souls games, in a sense.
>>
>>2830616
The presentation is the only good part. I remember barely anything of VS's story. I do remember the awesome localization. "I am the reinforcements."
>>
>>2830612
it is, but most people sucked at the game so the story moved at an awfully slow pace for them
>>
Riskbreaker HIjack

Could you critique Vagrant Story enough to overlook great stuff like this? spoilers yo

https://youtu.be/wVwA2SXK1H4?t=27s

https://youtu.be/wVwA2SXK1H4?t=27s
>>
>>2827635
I got a good laugh out of that thank you.
>>
>>2830635

I have to agree, which is why I'm also >>2830625
>>
>>2827635
whatever
>>
>>2830642
it's ok, I had to finish the game a second time to understand the story
and even then, i didn't realize the kids Merlose kept seeing were Sydney and Joshua
>>
File: 1424069045020.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
1424069045020.gif
929KB, 264x320px
>>2830640
>tfw you get Cherry Ronde'd by Rosenkratz
>>
>>2830212
>Just because he doesn't immediately go "hot damn baby yeah I'll dance with you" doesn't mean they don't have chemistry.

No the fact that he barely remembers her and doesn't give a shit about all the times she's in peril except for when his party yells at him too, does though
>>
>not ntring your bully
>>
>>2830773
What the heck is NTR?
>>
>>2828838
Because there is a difference between a girl who has had a previous sexual encounter and a girl who still has cum dripping from her snatch.
>>
>>2828838
>tripfagging on /vr/
>>
File: 1353087327011.jpg (11KB, 285x212px) Image search: [Google]
1353087327011.jpg
11KB, 285x212px
>>2827923
Got ya covered senpai.
>>
>>2829827
kek
>>
>>2831335

HAHA! I was looking for that!
>>
FF8 becomes the best Final Fantasy if you view it as a comedy.

It's like Valkyria Chronicles 1 and 2. The first one was gritty and high-concept, with lots of innovation and seriousness. The sequel, meanwhile, was schoolchildren put in a tough situation in between local academy larks.

FF7-FF8 = Valkyria Chronicles 1-2
>>
File: vs.jpg (577KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
577KB, 856x1200px
>>2830640
>Riskbreaker HIjack
Hell yeah.
Doing a NG mage playthrough now, and I must say it's much more entertaining than the usual chain comboing.
Grissom best boy.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.