[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien and Predator Retro Game Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Alien Trilogy.jpg (168KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
Alien Trilogy.jpg
168KB, 600x590px
Anybody remember this PS1 classic? Personally I loved it as a kid. It may have been a Doom clone, but it was a damn good one!

Also, this is the thread for retro Alien and Predator games in general.
>>
File: AVP Linn Kurosawa.jpg (21KB, 196x251px) Image search: [Google]
AVP Linn Kurosawa.jpg
21KB, 196x251px
>>2826327
I'm surprised that Linn Kurosawa from the Capcom AVP beat 'em up game didn't make any appearances in any of the Capcom crossover fighters. She is an OC of Capcom and not actually from the Alien or Predator films so licensing should not be a problem.
>>
That PS1 (not trilogy) was genuinely scary during the first part of the game
>>
AVP 99 is good
>>
>>2826327
Yes, I liked trilogy a lot and resurrection (but too difficult for me)
>>
>>2826327
have that on the saturn fucking love this when it came out
>>
>>2826345
I don't know why but 3D games with older graphics are a lot scarier than all the newer horror games
>>
>>2826327
i loved playing this game. and yes it is legit spooky at times. great fun, great atmosphere, pretty difficult though if i recall. i dont think i ever made it to the 1st boss without using cheats.

anyone here ever play alien:the gun (arcade shooter)?? great game too with spooky atmosphere.

i know its not /vr/, but i also really enjoyed avp extinction on PS2.
>>
Yes, good game.

It has an amazing soundtrack too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNClXp21gg

My dad still listens to this soundtrack and Donkey Kong Country's OST to this very day.
>>
Alien vs Predator on the PC is utterly fantastic.
>>
>>2826327
Alien Trilogy - Sat
is my fucking jam, I turned that shit on to play it and I couldn't put it down
>>
>>2826404
I think it's mostly because they were darker and view distances tended to be shorter so there'd be stuff hiding in the fog that could jump out at you at any moment and it'd keep you on edge, normally using enemy soundeffects in the distance to ramp up the tension. Newer games have lower contrast to their lighting and you tend to be able to see things coming from a distance. I hear "low-fi models and textures leave more to the imagination" said a lot and I don't buy it, SH 2 and 3 spooped me much more than the first (Despite it being my favorite) and the graphics still impress the hell out of me for PS2 titles. There's more to it, the formula can't just be lack of geometric detail = spoops.
>>
File: gfs_2846_2_8.jpg (14KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_2846_2_8.jpg
14KB, 350x300px
>>2826327
How could you forget the Game Boy one?
because it's shit, probably
>>
1gotp1nk8c1dbootson
>>
File: Kurosawa pool.gif (565KB, 498x492px) Image search: [Google]
Kurosawa pool.gif
565KB, 498x492px
>>2826330
Agree, she's a hottie too.

>>2829026
Also agree. I really should play the sequel someday. For whatever reason I gave up halfway through the Marine's campaign, I think I got bored of it honestly. But AVP 1 is pretty timeless.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.