[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BUY AND THREAD THREADS NO MORE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: pinwheel.jpg (27KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
pinwheel.jpg
27KB, 400x266px
Really, the oldest one i made 2 days ago is already killed?

So basically, Nobody wants to sell games at real prices and would rather scam and extort people with Ebay prices or worse?

What the hell happened, earlier this year they seemed to be prosperous.
>>
The thread sometimes gets missed, and too many people want and not enough want to deliver...prices aren't the issue so that's good at least.
>>
Look the simple fact is /vr/isn't as sleepy as it used to be. Threads can and will suffer a page 10 death over the course of just a couple days.
>>
File: 53357c1164459_33605b.jpg (395KB, 1500x1499px) Image search: [Google]
53357c1164459_33605b.jpg
395KB, 1500x1499px
Welp, if someone willing to sell me LOLO 3 for the NES?

I am willing to pay $18 for the game and whatever is for shipping to mexico.

the game is NOT REALLY WORTH $45 as shitbay makes you believe.
>>
Everything I want to buy is exceedingly specific like a spine card for Sexy Parodius
>>
>>2823656
Willing to sell my nomad for an alright price, no one wanted to bite.
>>
>>2823698
32$ + ship and we have a deal.
>>
>>2823735
That is not much different than EBay prices, it used to be 25 earlier this year, could you leave it to 30 with the shipping to México?
>>
>>2823656
I find better deals on ebay than in the wild anymore
>>
>>2823853
Cool legend sistah!
>>
>>2823853
I find deals in the wild in southern US rather than northern us(worse than ebay prices sometimes)
>>
>>2823931
the legend of the ebay deal
>>
>>2823665
This.
Demand is way higher than supply. In fact supply pretty much consists of people liquidating their collection due to outgrowth, space, finances, etc.

Like I'm looking for a copy of Chrono Trigger, but unless someone's trying to get rid of their whole collection it's not something they're likely willing to part with.
>>
>>2823960

new england is alright. resellers are all around but you can still find deals, especially over ebay.

Hell, my local retail shop has better prices than ebay.
>>
>>2824686
Southern US, had games for literally 1/3 the price of my New York game store
>>
Maybe I shouldn't have made a separate thread? I found earthbound on CL for 100: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/vgm/5336857478.html

Should I go for it? I'm on the fence and leaning towards "yes"
>>
>>2824739

New York isn't New England
>>
>>2824753
I know I was just saying
>>
>>2823726
does it have a LCD screen or is it stock? if in good condition and with the bat pack Ill scoop it for 100
>>
>>2823656
>So basically, Nobody wants to sell games at real prices and would rather scam and extort people with Ebay prices or worse?
Fuck you OP, I offered both Zelda Alttp and Super Metroid at 2012 era prices, well below ebay, and no one wanted either. So instead I'm going to put them up on ebay and probably get more money.
>>
>>2823753
>>2823698
If i get some extra cash in the week, ill consider it, but could you have that price had the shipping to mexico ($12) included?
>>
>>2825184

a greatest hits zelda and a repro label metroid
>>
File: bst.png (27KB, 512x966px) Image search: [Google]
bst.png
27KB, 512x966px
>>2825184
While eBay is appealing, you will get fucking raped in terms of fees.

>ebay fee
>charge actual shipping with a label from paypal? Fee on that too.
>paypal fee

Its shitty. eBay is a great place to buy because of the selection, and the buyer protection it offers, but its a pretty garbage place to sell due to the fees and you can get fucked over as a seller.

I mean I just bought some stuff from a guy (including Megaman 7) from the second to last /bst/. I think the problem is most people are looking for specific stuff, and like another anon said, most of the time people are only looking to move their stuff when they're liquidating, and for the most part, people only really want good games and not simply decent or ok games. The other end is people ask a lot (ebay or near ebay), and in conjunction with shipping it makes it kind of worthless since you can just buy from eBay and get the better buyer protection.

Also if you're going to make a meta-bst thread, at least use the fucking image and post stuff you're looking to buy or sell.
>>
>>2824740
Offer him 80 or 85 under a different email address and see if he bites, then if he doesn't go buy it for 100.

Chances are you won't find it for cheaper any time soon.

That being said, you can get a reproduction Earthbound cart (with a more "true" translation) via chipmasters. its called Earthbound Zero, but if you're collecting, then you probably won't find it cheaper then that any time soon. A dude in my city posted one for 350 cart only.
>>
>>2825184
Get off your high horse, anon. No one wants your Frankenstein cartridges.
>>
>>2826040
>The other end is people ask a lot (ebay or near ebay), and in conjunction with shipping it makes it kind of worthless since you can just buy from eBay and get the better buyer protection.

This, for example, this guy >>2823735
was asking $32 for sell his copy of Lolo 3, and that price was bad considering it didnt include shipping and it wasnt much different than Ebay fake price of $47, and cosnidering that shipping to mexico could range from $14 to $20 due to racism!, the final price would been EVEN HIGHER than Ebay, and this fella >>2823698
would been screwed.

I agree with >>2823753 that $30 should have with shipping included. maybe $32
>>
>>2826063
Bro, shipping internationally is always shitty.

I don't ship outside of Canada or the USA because shipping gets insanely expensive, and quite frankly, unreliable.

45 is a lot, but the guy wanting it for 30 shipped is being just as unreasonable. That means the dude is getting it for like 15 bucks+shipping which is grossly under valued.

Yeah, the idea is to give each other deals, but the idea isn't to fuck yourself over.

I usually want to do trades, so I can swap games I don't want for something I do want for only shipping cost, and I have before on here, but I'm picky, and most people don't have stuff I want.
>>
>>2826074
>I don't ship outside of Canada or the USA because shipping gets insanely expensive, and quite frankly, unreliable.

I got a ton of stuff delivered to me from USA and Canada, and everything came through reliably so far. The only thing is, you need to package your shit correctly.

Most people do fuck all packaging. I've even seen one guy who put the address stickers directly on the game boxes.
>>
>>2823656
Oh fuck off baby brat. I have completed my snes collection already anyway. 100 complete you little loud mouth.
>>
>>2823656
I dunno what that is but it looks delicious.

Anyway, I'd buy some stuff, but nobody wants to ship to where I live. But I don't blame them.
>>
>>2826687
where do you live?
>>
>>2826690
South fucking america.
>>
>>2826416
Im not going to assume risk.

I shipped something to a dude in Brazil and it got lost (probably fucking stolen). I won't ship outside of NA now.
>>
>>2826723
>I shipped something to a dude in Brazil and it got lost (probably fucking stolen).

That's completely normal for Brazil, and some shops even refuse to sell to Brazilian buyers because of that (or they only sell with EMS shipping that has full insurance).

So please don't compare the rest of the world to what is a fourth world country.
>>
>>2824803
Stock screen, condition is pretty alright, has a few scuffs, and protective screen needs to be replaced but everything works fine.
>>
>>2825184
I dont think you were really that guy.

You Derailer.
>>
>>2826807
shut ur filthy mouth aztec scum
or i will use my amazonian gorila warfare couple with my unique set of skills and network of hitmen
>>
>>2826035
>>2826047
I figure if anyone was that serious about collecting, they would be aiming for CIB and not loose carts.

>>2827534
Meh, I offered them twice, no one even made a trade offer, what do you want from me? To hang on to the fucking things forever? I've had these games since the 90's and have played them to death. Either someone will buy them(ebay, or maybe that pricechart thing) or I'll take a drill to the chips and post pictures for everyone's entertainment.
>>
>>2827682
Dude just chill out.

Most people here probably already have Super Metroid and Alttp.
>>
>>2827686
You're saying you don't wanna see a cart get drilled? Where is your sense of adventure?
>>
>>2827691

Nobody is going to cry over you throwing away $30
>>
>>2826825
Also comes with battery pack, and AC adapter.
>>
>>2823656
White no what Luis
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (14KB, 314x518px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
14KB, 314x518px
>nobody ever sells stuff for systems you like
>>
>>2829379

prices and an email would help
>>
>>2827831
how much is your asking price? Any pictures?
>>
Anyone interested in modding a SCPH-7501? I've got the console and an MM3 chip, just suck shit at soldering and don't want to spend a bunch of money ruining circuit boards. Preferably someone in the central Ohio area.
>>
Not to be a spoilsport, but I think this thread would benefit from having less updates. Maybe ~1 a month.

Gotta let the stock build up, else the thread stagnates.
>>
Since there is no actual /bst/ I might as well post here,
Let it be known that the Anon known as Bleep Bloop is based and delivered unto me the items I ordered form him in a timely fashion and a condition that was accurate to his postings. I would be more then happy to do business with him again.

Also >>2829379
I would be happy to snag the PS2 games and the LEGO PSP stuff. . .but an e-mail would help
>>
>>2829959
depends what you're offering and if you've got anything for trades.
>>
I picked up an extra copy of Turtles in Time for the SNES over the weekend in a garage sale lot. I already have a copy, so I'm willing to part with it.

Looking for a fair SNES trade or fairish price. I am interested in SNES RPGs and good beat-em-ups, specifically arcade style.
>>
>>2823656
I can only speak for myself...
Most people here bought things at ebay prices and aren't going to lose money on a sale. I've rarely seen anything for sale here that's close to a price I'd pay.
I could sell something here and deal with bitching like this or just list it on ebay, sell it for much more, and be done with it. It's a no brainer.
Trading requires someone to have something the other one wants. Without rehashing the previous points about price, newfags, etc, I rarely see anything I want.
>>
>>2830205
well I would be offering money, but you don't seem to have any prices on your stuff.
>>
>>2830342
I made a mistake and its Lament of Innocence and not Curse of Darkness.

well you can make an offer, Its been awhile since I've looked up prices.
>>
anyone else afraid of replicates flooding the market?
>>
>>2830372

You mean like Blade Runner?
>>
>>2830372
No.

Bring a fucking gamebit with you to the flea market or craigslist if you're super paranoid.

If you're buying on eBay you can get the thing for free if its a non-legit cart.
>>
>>2830407

what do I look for in a fake?
>>
File: snes pcb.jpg (314KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
snes pcb.jpg
314KB, 1024x768px
>>2830425
For Nintendo games the biggest tell is no Nintendo branding on the PCB

Otherwise just google "gamename pcb" and theres usually some reference photos.

Pic related. A shitload of SNES games look exactly like this. A few have bigger boards and chips like megaman X2 has a bigger board with different chips.
>>
how much does homeboy want for the Super Metroid and will you ship to Ecuador? (i am serious... amazon won't allow sellers to ship videogames outside the USA).
>>
>>2830469

nevermind... just read that it's a repro label... not even the 3rd world wants that crap.. lol
>>
File: top stack.png (42KB, 556x751px) Image search: [Google]
top stack.png
42KB, 556x751px
>>2830473
>>
What's a fair price for tomba 1 no manual
>>
>>2830732
>no manual

$0
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x1136px
>>2830772
>>
>>2824753
Yes it is
>>
>>2826040

I make my living on eBay (no, not a game reseller, I'm not that stupid) and while I'm grateful that it exists, they have really been draining sellers in the past few years.
PayPal recently ended their discounts for high volume sellers. It was only like .8% but makes a difference.

A lot of us are moving to Amazon, who has been doing similar stuff, but has far more customers and a much better user experience for sellers.
>>
>>2830798
>things are worth what people ask for them

Nice job wario
>>
>>2829585
I'm in North Carolina and would be willing to do it if you paid return shipping.

I'm also looking for an N64 console with controllers and cables. I have a DSiXL, R4iGold flash cart, an Xbox softmod kit and a bunch of NES-PS2 era game guides.
>>
>>2830871
Sounds good. Shoot me an email.

[email protected]
>>
>>2830871
Can u mod a Saturn???
>>
>>2831587
Yes I can. I've installed by versions of the Sega STyle modchip I could probably also do region mod if that's all you want.
>>
>>2831140
Email sent
>>
>>2823656
every time I see these threads, I want to sell my dusty dreamcast and include the spool full of burned games free. 4 controllers and two shitty arcade sticks which are best replaced with an X-Arcade. got a VGA cable and cannot find the composite one. Also gotta remember where I left my original games which I can only find Re-Volt and KOF 1999 Dream Match.
>>
>>2831587
>Can u mod a Saturn???

Just buy an action replay and flash it with pseudo Saturn. $30, no soldering involved, gives you region free and 4mb expansion too.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.