[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Um Jammer Lammy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: Lammy.jpg (122KB, 421x652px) Image search: [Google]
Lammy.jpg
122KB, 421x652px
What is your opinion of this rhythm game?
>>
File: Kaigetsudo_Chop_Chop.jpg (288KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Kaigetsudo_Chop_Chop.jpg
288KB, 640x800px
It appeals more to me than Parappa. That might solely be based on my musical tastes, but the amount of extra stages and variety of multiplayer modes made it feel more substantial.

But like Parappa, the amount of polish in the stages and style is a tradeoff for a pretty amount of content compared to its contemporaries.

I've heard the Sound Player is exclusive to the US version? If that's the case, it's an alright tradeoff for the censorship.

Rammy's character deserved a bit more development to explain her appearance in the later stages and multiplayer mode. The personality described in the instruction manual never really seemed to come out.

It can be hard to really get a sense of what the game considers "Cool" playing at times.

Vital Idol is a many better without any lyrics.
>>
File: why lammy is better.png (692KB, 639x964px) Image search: [Google]
why lammy is better.png
692KB, 639x964px
>>2821871
Lammy is better if only because free styling in UJL doesn't sound stupid. Parappa's free styling is atrocious regardless of the song.
>>
I like it a lot.
I'm fond of parappa a little more though to be honest, but both are good games.
>>
>>2821853
Considering I wasn't aware of both Parappa and UJL until a couple years ago, they are pretty good games. UJL definitely had more to offer than Parappa as far as multiplayer and the ability to be much more creative with cool mode. I personally don't find the songs that memorable, although the game does provide a decent amount of challenge. The story was a lot weirder than Parappa's, but that's not the reason I wanted to play that game in the first place.
Parappa on the other hand was a lot more simplistic: six stages and the unlockable cool mode that you get after beating every stage the first time. Songs were great, story was pretty lackluster, but at least it was more down to earth compared to Lammy's game, also the lack of multiplayer rap battles was unsettling imo.
>>
>tfw no qt grunge/punk gf
>>
Noooooooooo cutting corners
>>
It's way better than Parappa. Far more replay value and better songs.
>>
>>2821853
That art style makes me sick. And someone actually signed it.
>>
>>2822028
SHE'S ON THE BORDER
NOWWWWWW
>>
>>2822075
I kinda like it. Why do you hate it?
>>
>>2821853
I'd jam her lammy.
>>
Is Parappa very strict or just shitty? I can't really figure out the timing and if I just keep my eyes on the timeline, it somehow works but doesn't feel in the rhythm of the track at all. I'm not very good at rhythm games but I played some notable modern ones on the consoles (gitaroo, osu, taiko) and didn't have problems up to mid-hard difficulties. Parappa feels just weird and broken in comparison to them, but apparently people hold it in high regards. Is this Lammy game any different?
>>
>>2822334
I'd Lam her Jammies.
>>
>>2821853
Amazing game. Much more content than both the parappa games combined.

The guitar just works better than rapping.
>>
No strong opinion, because I never played it.
I just LOVE "Keep your head up". It's so fucking catchy.
>>
>>2822382
Lammy feels significantly better timing-wise except for the fucking idol stage, holy shit, and it also doesn't seem to expect and demand that you freestyle like parappa seems to except for the fucking idol stage, fuck that stage.
>>
>>2822334
same desu SENPAI
>>
>>2821934

Parappa does all the same things in the same game
>>
File: guitar-hero-3-screenshot-slash.jpg (474KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
guitar-hero-3-screenshot-slash.jpg
474KB, 1280x720px
I'd play a guitar hero remake of it.
>>
>>2821853
I am absolutely horrible at the timing with both Lammy and the Parappa games.
>>
Did I eat my drink?
>>
>>2821853
I prefer it over Parappa and it's objectively better. Still I also love Parappa. Such a shame the 2nd Parappa was mediocre and I played it at same period I played the 1st one.
>>
>>2824721
I thought milk was pink.

Lammy is great, used to play the shit out of it. I've heard that there are some issues playing the PSN re-release as far as input goes.
>>
It's okay, I like it.
Never liked parappa that mucho though, it's probably the guitar.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiVPeMwzQTE
>>
>>2821853
Just picked that one up yesterday. Beat it, including all the coop stages with a buddy, but we couldn't make heads or tales of the freestyle/cool. How does that shit even work? I mean, sometimes I get cool mode to work, but it seems pretty random. I'd always had the same issue with parappa as well
>>
>>2824690
You can pretty much just get through with button mashing. The last time I played UJL, I finished it about an hour while I was drunk.
>>
You're banned from every game.
>>
>>2824150
It looks like it isn't canon since the cutscenes have nothing to do with stages.
>>
File: J 001.jpg (109KB, 670x360px) Image search: [Google]
J 001.jpg
109KB, 670x360px
Love the hell out of this game. Hooked-up a PS2 at the school that I teach at and found out that by today's rhythm game standards this game is HARD mode. However, the thing that I like the best is the story...It is pretty much how I metaphorically felt in junior high / high school. The characters are lovable and the 2D paper effect is still fresh. Also, the tunes will stick with you all day long.
>>
File: J 002.jpg (138KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
J 002.jpg
138KB, 786x1017px
This game was just about as 90s as you could get.
>>
File: umjammerarcade.jpg (466KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
umjammerarcade.jpg
466KB, 1200x1600px
>>2824684
Why not just play the arcade version?
>>
>>2832149
I didn't know that thing existed. Anyway, the button layout is different.
>>
File: tumblr_nfacntQARx1rfouvlo1_1280.png (215KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfacntQARx1rfouvlo1_1280.png
215KB, 700x700px
Far and away the peak of the Parappa series, awesome game. Great art, music, style, freestyling/cool mode ACTUALLY WORKS, really not much else to say. Apparently the sales were lacking and the difficulty was criticized for being too high, so Nana-OnSha shat out the very simplified Parappa 2 and put the series to bed. I wish Lammy was a blockbuster and we got more, I can't get enough of MilkCan and their fucked up story.

>>2832149

This might be one of the most obscure arcade ports in history - no footage, no dump, like three fucking pictures in existence. It also looks like it runs at a higher resolution than the PSX game, would love to play it.
>>
File: lammy2.jpg (105KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
lammy2.jpg
105KB, 480x640px
>>2832149

Here's one of it all lit up, UK talkshow host Jonathan Ross took this picture while he was in Japan about 6 years ago. I'm sure some arcade, somewhere in Japan still has one.
>>
>>2824684
They actually did that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVr24uM-RLc
>>
File: youwannago.jpg (13KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
youwannago.jpg
13KB, 256x192px
>>2833616

>No keysounds

What is this, amateur hour?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.