[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a clocktower thread goin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 11

File: ClockTowerScreen.png (99KB, 545x416px) Image search: [Google]
ClockTowerScreen.png
99KB, 545x416px
Can we get a clocktower thread goin?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>still no hack that lets you use the mouse in neither the Super Famicom nor the Playstation version
>still no translation of the PC version

I'm sure we'll get a translation of the Wonderswan version before that happens.

We just can't get the best of both worlds at once can we... I mean fuck, this game had no excuse not to support the mouse on Super Famicom, and even less on PS1 at that point... The devs just didn't care.
>>
>>2816251
>>
>>2821031
Mouse support would have been cool, but feedback in clock tower is slow like an adventure game, it's not really necessary for the gameplay like in a RTS
>>
I'm afraid of scissor enthusiasts =(
>>
>>2821308
You don't need a mouse to play Doom either but having it there is simply better.
>>
>>2821594
Won't lie for next halloween I'd fucking love for him to talk about Clocktower on PS1. it's alot scarier. and longer.
>>
>>2821031
just play on snes you butthurt feg
>>
>>2821628
No mouse support there either.

You can plug in the SNES mouse but it won't give the game any input.
Even just a romhack allowing that would be cool. Though I'm not exactly sure how difficult it would be to do.
>>
File: Browsing4Chan.gif (544KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
Browsing4Chan.gif
544KB, 500x248px
>>
>Hear about clocktower movie.
>was supposed to come out in 2013 but the director died.
>Still no word on when it'll ever happen.

>Decide to look up how the director died.

>On January 7th, 2013, David R. Ellis was found dead in his hotel room in South Africa, leaving the film once again with no director.

That's pretty spooky.

Scissorman fucking got him and we know it.
>>
>>2822795
Thats just a theory....a GAME theory!

fuck that guy
>>
>>2821676
i think having to control the cursor with the dpad adds to the tension
>>
>>2822801
Fuck _me for watching that guy ever.
>>
Are there other good retro games where you're chased/pursued over the course of the game by a single entity? Nemesis-type things don't count, where it's just events in the story, but as the matter of playing the game. Seems like a fun and under-used mechanic.
>>
File: This'll kill him.gif (539KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
This'll kill him.gif
539KB, 500x272px
>>2822786
Scissorman's one true weakness!

BLANKETS

Written by M. Night Shamalamadingdong
>>
>>2822921
Also a firm kick to the testicles.
>>
File: 1411888605721.jpg (52KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
1411888605721.jpg
52KB, 382x358px
>>2822891
Wizardry IV is probably the earliest and to this day scariest example of that kind of mechanic.

>You can't fight Trebor's ghost
>As soon as Trebor's ghost touches you it's game over
>Trebor's ghost moves in REAL TIME in a turn based game
>Trebor's ghost keeps moving even if the game's paused
>Trebor's ghost phases through walls, you however, cannot
>You can hear Trebor's ghost getting closer

Granted that by the end of the game you could stop him but he's pretty goddamn terrifying
>>
File: 596940.gif (296KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
596940.gif
296KB, 500x419px
Jennifer, you've been a terrible daughter... My... my son is DEAD because of YOU!
>>
>>2822961
Look closely at this gif.

You now realize Mary materializes from the fucking purple pillar and not from the darkness.
>>
File: Siiii-scissormen.gif (446KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
Siiii-scissormen.gif
446KB, 500x423px
>>
>>2822939

This sounds awesome, gonna play this for sure, thanks!
>>
>>2822939
That sounds really intense. Wizardry has always been a bit difficult for me because I only grew up with JRPGs and such but this kind of mechanic is great, the idea of other mechanics being suspended for this purpose is the best.

>>2823217
Sometimes I wonder just how the hell both of them got up there...
>>
>>2822939
>>2823279
>>2823309
Wizardry IV is the hardest RPG game of all time. I'm talking straight up punishing. You have to be borderline masochistic to play this game. Even the other Wizardry games are nowhere even remotely close to the same level of difficulty.
>>
File: 1411035306883.jpg (243KB, 1280x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1411035306883.jpg
243KB, 1280x1912px
Ah, Clock Tower...

I had the first western game on the psx back in the late 90's, when I was in middle school. This was quite probably the game that scared me the most, for some reason.

I couldn't get past the first level because it had something so terrifying... I guess I both loved and hated the tension!

Completed it 10 years later with a college friend... it was still kinda spooky but we had a good time.

The sequel was a total downer though, I stopped when I realized I was killing zombies with a broomstick in some hospital's toilet; also fuck the fact that you can get stuck if you do/don't do some cryptic action way earlier in the game. And let's not speak about the last one which wasn't even supposed to be a Clock Tower game...
>>
>>2823279
>>2823309
Wizardy IV is pretty insane though, be warned.
It's not a game you can play casually, I really don't like to say this but it's literally a pure hardcore game.
It was specifically made for expert Wizardry players, you can't grind, you can't savescum, battles give you next to nothing, you're outgunned for 90% of the game, the puzzles are extremely criptic, you can get your critical key items stolen etc.

Play it at your own risk, even for the most hardcore Wizardry players, Wizardry IV is a colossal challenge.
>>
>>2823380
Clocktower 3 was entertaining.

Buuut it isn't a clocktower game and as a clocktower game it's garbage.

Also holy fuck Clocktower The Struggle Within that thing was fucking garbage.

As always Bates was the only good part of the game.
>>
File: ThisShitAintScary.jpg (28KB, 573x454px) Image search: [Google]
ThisShitAintScary.jpg
28KB, 573x454px
>>2823403
>Clocktower 3 was entertaining.

Sure it is.

>Alysshhhaaaa
>ALYSHHAAAAA

and yeah honestly I've always said that CT3 was Capcom buying the franchise and ruining it on purpose to bring down the competition. I mean fuck, the next game they did like CT3, they didn't even call CT. And it was better in every way.
>>
>>2824390
What I mean is, they make a new game that's exactly like the last installment of an existing franchise they now own. A franchise known for being one of those that "created" the genre. They could call it CT to profit from the already existing fanbase and fame, but NOPE, instead they bought it to let it rot after making the worst game of that franchise.

If that's not killing the franchise on purpose I don't know what it is.
>>
>>2822825
The theories he comes up with are often pretty cool but he himself is a meme-spouting fuck who thinks he's funnier than he is.
>>
File: 1417578419417.gif (3MB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
1417578419417.gif
3MB, 640x349px
>>2824390
>ALYSSHHHAAAAA
Clocktower 3 was so bad it was hilarious.

I couldn't tell if they were trying too hard or not trying at all!
>>
>>2822818
Eeeh, I guess, but I never liked that argument for survival horror games, people say the same for the early Resident Evil titles, it doesn't so much scare me as it just frustrates me.

I'm fine with not having 100% direct control over Jennifer, like, whatever, that's cool, I'm down, but controlling a cursor with a Dpad is just so tedious.

Say, wasn't Clocktower released for Windows 95?

>>2822939
>Trebor's ghost moves in REAL TIME in a turn based game
>Trebor's ghost keeps moving even if the game's paused
That's some bullshit, nigga!
>>
>>2822939
FUCKING TREBOR
>>
>>2821031
It's the way the developers intended
faggot
>>
>>2827224
>It's the way the developers intended
Wasn't it originally a PC game with mouse support?

Also that's frequently used as a weak excuse as to why a feature was bad by design, or as to why using a flat screen for these sorts of games should be punishable by death, so I have a pretty hard time accepting it as an excuse without some kind of explanation to back it. Lots of times things are what they are in a game precisely BECAUSE the dev couldn't actually do what he had wanted to do.
>>
>>2822939
>Granted that by the end of the game you could stop him
Only if you were one of the chosen few that had the patience to complete it.
>>
>>2822795
hope you've seen both suspiria and phenomena
>>
>>2822939
>probably the earliest
nuh-uh

get ready, shit's tense as fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKvd0zPfBE4
>>
Clock Tower, huh? Well, nobody's posted this yet so I guess I'll let those who don't know in on it already. There's a spiritual sequel in the works by key Human original staff... check it out. A lot of big-name folks in the horror industry attached to it as well. http://www.night-cry.com/
>>
>>2825359
>Say, wasn't Clocktower released for Windows 95?

Yes like I said, untranslated.
>>
File: Simon_Revisit_by_Phobos_Romulus.jpg (94KB, 800x836px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Revisit_by_Phobos_Romulus.jpg
94KB, 800x836px
>>2821303
>Get excited to see a CT thread
>Hover over this and start reading
>Think "Shit, this guy had a really similar experience to-"
>Its a post I made and forgot all about

Maybe I should sleep.
>>
>>2821031
>still no translation of the PC version
but there is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meK00FQPWN4
>>
>>2828487
Well I'll be damned!

That's nice!
>>
>>2828545
>>2828487
Nah though, the version linked in all that, it looks like it has some really shitty filtering applied to it. I seem to remember the PC version looking much better than that, and definitely unfiltered.
>>
>>2828487
Weird.

This must be a more direct translation.

The versions i've seen the dialogue is different such as
>I gotta go get Mr.Barrows
>Everyone wait here.
not
>As your teacher I must greet the owner.
>Everyone stay put.

>>2828552
That's obviously an emulator filter it obviously isn't with the translation.

Just incase you aren't familiar with emulators.
Chances are the guy recording is just using a shitty filter.
>>
>>2828487
I won't lie.

Mistranslation or not I like "Barrows" more than fucking "Burroughs" it just doesn't sound right to me.
>>
>>2828631
Hmm no, I installed the version linked on the site linked on that video. PC version, but it's got a horrible filter that i'm sure wasn't there last time I played it.

Maybe there is a way to change that somewhere though.
>>
>>2828648
That's fucking dumb.
>>
>>2827495
Just received a backer mail that says the game is near completition and they're doing voice stage.
>>
Since there's a Clock Tower thread, it may be fit to post this here.

Some time ago I made a page for the SNES version of CT on tctf - I had some free time and wanted to test out both working on the wiki and digging through games.

I have found a few things here and there, but most notably I wasn't able to find a few unused lines of text that the english fan translator got a hand on and reported. I don't know if there's anyone here who's versatile on this, but it's a void that I'd like to see filled. It may be dull or though, so I understand if no one knows how to do it or wants to do it.

I also found a broken floor texture hidden in one of the corridor that, from my knowledge and an extensive search, wasn't reported or found by anyone at all- I'm assuming there's no trigger left in the game, then. Anyone ever seen that floor collapsing?

Said page : https://tcrf.net/Clock_Tower_%28SNES%29
>>
>>2829568
>Unused zombie.
>Later implemented in PSX version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6p-kclsU8w
Christ that is actually kinda scary..
>>
So I was just comparing the SNES and PS1 versions out of curiosity.
www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/152970

I really don't like the way the PS1 version haphazardly blurs sprites and smooths/removes the dithering. The dithering looks really nice a lot in this game too (pic is not a very good example). I could understand the dithering, I could understand if they actually went and redid the sprites properly to make use of the larger palette, but what they did just looks like shit. It's very inconsistent too.

Also, I actually like the sounds from the SNES more, but maybe that's just nostalgia.

Also, the opening cutscene on the PS1 is an fmv for no good reason, so it has compression artifacts and the pan at the end looks janky as fuck since it's basically a recording of the SNES's(which is 1 pixel per frame, 60fps) but on the PS1 it's 24fps. Kind of nitpicking, but still.

Only advantages to the PS1 version are the fmv's and >>2829946, but I would still rather go with the SNES.
>>
>>2821029
More like COCKtower am I right?
>>
>>2831713
Nah nah
Clock Towel

Bu dum tish
>>
>>2833163
I don't get it
>>
Clock Tower 1 is the only horror game that scare me, all other games in the genre I've tried I can easily brush off, but this one game unnerves me something fierce and I don't know why.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.