[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bad Mojo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 19

File: 45656-BadMojo.jpg (13KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
45656-BadMojo.jpg
13KB, 480x300px
I started it up some time ago, but didn't get very far.
Gonna play it again right now, commenting about it along the way.
Also, gonna make a screenshot map along with it. You know, for fun.

What are your opinions about this game?

No spoilers.
>>
So, Were a guy that got tired of everyone shitting on him, so he got a huge amount of cash by some illegal means, probably robbery.
Its night and hes preparing to leave his cheap motel(?) room and disappear onto some tropical beach.
He grabs his mothers pedant, which shocks him with some magical shit, and drops unconscious on the floor.
He turns into the roach, either for real or just in his mind/dream, not sure which at the moment.
>>
File: BM.png (239KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
BM.png
239KB, 640x480px
After some crawling throu pipe and floor, I got to the stove and some other roach in poetry explained to me that vacuum cleaner is up to no good.
>>
File: spider.png (252KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spider.png
252KB, 640x480px
Lots of deadly obstacles.
Anti-insect chalk, roach poison, fly tape, rat in a rattrap with an inch of life remaining that still can eat you.
And a spider that will jump at you if you want to go further.
5 lives total, and I have to turn this still burning cigarette butt to burn him when he jumps for me.
Such is roach life.
>>
File: Roach Motel.png (215KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Roach Motel.png
215KB, 640x480px
Done on first try!
I guess you have to do this with conficence in yourself.
Still, this fucker was big.
I hate spiders.
Our way is blocked by roach motel, so there is no other way around then through.
Its comfy inside.
If not for roach carcasses, that is.
Oh well.
>>
>>2815812
I'm lurking op, loved this game, got pretty far a few times but never finished it
>>
My dad gave me that game when I was 12 or 13.
Was too spooked to play it back then, he probably had no idea what the hell he had just bought. Still have it.

Be wary of rats. No matter how big or small, or even if they don't look dangerous.
I've never played anything like it again.
>>
OP here.
Sorry for stopping so suddenly, but stuff happened.
Will continue in 6h after sleep.
Keep thread up if you will.
Goodnight.
>>
I'm back.
>>
File: plug.png (241KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
plug.png
241KB, 640x480px
After climbing up the wooden table leg, I come eye to eye with vacuuming beast.
Its sleeping now.
However, as I prepare to get past it, it wakes up!
Now I have a choice, turn it off and proceed, or let myself get blown throu its blowhole 'to the South and to the East', as stove roach said.
Being an responsible insect, I choose 'high wire act', and turn it off.
Next I go into trashcan.
>>
File: Trash.png (224KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Trash.png
224KB, 640x480px
Now, after plowing throu the trash, I started to notice pattern.
Sometimes, shortly after entering next screen, some other roach would quickly exit it.
I come to realize that following other roaches it good idea.
However now, I'm on some shelf with alot of spilled paints.
That can only end in tragedy.
Guide me, my roach brethren!
>>
File: wut.png (206KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
206KB, 640x480px
After avoiding few paint currents, I stumble upon an electric fuses and counters, I think.
Heh, if I run on the fuse, I can increase counter!
I wonder how much that landlord is overpaying for his electricity.
Seeing how many roaches is running around here, I would say AT LEAST twice as much as he should.
Anyway, after few sparks I use the broom ot get back to the ground.
>>
File: cigar.png (262KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cigar.png
262KB, 640x480px
This floor is fucking HUGE.
HUGE I TELL YOU!
But hey, everything is huge when you're roach.
I stumble onto some cigars.
What happens next is weird.
Here's what I thing we see.
We have a flashback to the moment our character was born and see that our mother died while birthing us. We also see some magical sparkles coming off form her body after death. Something voodoo spell that turned us into the roach? Time will tell.
Anyway, our family name is Pertido, or something like that.
>>
File: suitcase.png (207KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
suitcase.png
207KB, 640x480px
Oh.
There is this suitcase.
And inside is certificate of death of Angelina Maria Battito.
And the name of the spouse is Edward.
Our landlord.
That means that this flashback wasn't ours. We're able to see strong memories tied to certain objects, or something. Thats some voodoo alright!
UNLESS Eddie is our father, what I find less probable.
>>
>>2817181
That also means that this is not happening inside our mind. We are the roach, for realzies.
Or rather we control the roach.
My hypothesis is as follows.
Our consciousness was ripped out of our body and dumped into the closest roach, whitch happened to be downstairs.
Why roach? Because roach figure on the pedant.
Why transfer? Because voodoo mother shenanigans.
That also means that our unconscious body is lying upstairs on the floor.
We have to do something about this.
>>
File: dough.png (208KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dough.png
208KB, 640x480px
Its official, it all happens in California in about 1995.
Also, Eddie likes lotteries. Very.
>>
Before sleep bump.
>>
>>2817168
You know, Perdido in Spanish means lost.
PĂ©rfido, on the other hand, is somewhat like Evil.
>>
>>2818063
Huh.
The More You Know, I guess.
>>
File: Daawwww.png (256KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Daawwww.png
256KB, 640x480px
After scouting whole floor, I encountered a live mouse in a mousetrap.
After setting her free to tend to her little ones, she gave me advice.
Goto cellar, avoid cat, Eddie is slepping?, use a hole in a electric socket.
I know Ive seen a socket underneath the bed.
I have yet to scout the bed itself and a coffee table next to it.
Also, there's a newspaper article I yet have to read.
>>
File: paper.png (171KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
paper.png
171KB, 640x480px
Ok, I watched that damned opening movie for a forth or so time.
Eddie refers to us as Samms.
And newspaper article says about Roger Samms being a guy that got 1M$ for a research on ultimate roach pesticide, and disappearing with cash.
I think that is safe to assume that WE are that Roger Samms.
Unless we're his relative that stole money from him, which I don't see happening.
Besides, Roger Samms on the photo looks pretty like us.
>>
File: eye.png (24KB, 239x91px) Image search: [Google]
eye.png
24KB, 239x91px
Eddie sleeps on money.
Literally.
He stuffs all his money into his bed mattress.
Not really safe spot in my opinion, but what I know.

Also, I noticed something.
Two times someone talked to me giving me advice about how to proceed, and both times there was that eye symbol nearby.
Ill be on lookout for them from now on.
>>
File: radio.png (180KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
radio.png
180KB, 640x480px
Ok, this game is clearly about being careful and wary of your surroundings.
I tried to leave throu the slit under the door, not caring about weird noises around.
The next thing I know, cats paw shoots from under the door and Im being eaten.
Bad end.
Walked on some pipe and died.
Two screens later another roach done the same on my eyes. Another two screens later, there was a thingie attached to pipe saying 'Caution, Extreme Heat'. Gee, could use that info previously.
I follower another roach into the radio on the coffee table next to bed. It stopped working around the time I got to the vacuum cleaner.
After short-circuiting it, it turned on and started playing a song Eddie and Angelina danced to. There was a close-up on Angelina's photo on the wall, gotta examine it.
Also, I found a slug on the window, right next to another eye symbol. Will talk to it after scouting the rest of the wall.
>>
Ok, here's the situation.
I examined the painting of Angeline, the painting of Holy Marie and the cross with rosary on top of it, they do nothing.
The electric socket is electric, I cant get inside because if I even touch it, I get shocked od drop to the floor. Not dead, just shocked.
Slug told me that I need to make Eddie fall asleep and turn-off electricity.
When I turned on radio, he left opened can of beer next to it. And oh so conviniently, there is a spilled bottle of sleeping pills right on the radio. Solution appears simple.
Will proceed as soon as I map out all the walls in the room.
>>
>>2819693
Also, I found out that I can trigger those advices again by stepping onto those eye symbols.
Nice.
Now I won't have to save and load just to hear it again if I need a refresher.
>>
>>2819693
>od drop
>>
>>2819708
>*and drop
Ok now? Let's make it even better!
>*and fall down
It's just kinda late here, so I don't really check what I type.
>>
Bump before sleep.
>>
Here we go again.
>>
File: socket.png (175KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
socket.png
175KB, 640x480px
I dropped pill into his beer.
After drinking it, Eddie fell onto his bed, causing money to fall out from the hole in mattress.
It scattered on the floor and gave me an easy way back to the pipe from where I begun my adventure, so I dont have to go all the way around trashcan, table, paintshelf and stove.
Also, falling money weighted down a lid of cigar box, so I can get into that socket without getting shocked.
>>
>>2821252
As soon as I stepped into the hole, Angelinas ghost or something talked to me.
Said that shes my friend and that turning me into the roach was to teach me something.
She mentioned something about me being here, there being a two of me, a fire burning inside me and my noxious content. All the while showing me suitcase, Eddies face, stove and fire.
I think there might be something to do with gas explosion going on. I remember motel exploding in trailer, and stove is gas powered.
Or about me stopping to screw around with stolen cash and her wanting to teach me a lesson about not being a dick to others.
Anyway, Im in uncharted territory. Time to scout.
>>
File: razorblades.png (191KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
razorblades.png
191KB, 640x480px
Ok, Im in bathroom, I know that much.
Freshly painted bathroom nonetheless.
That means no wall-climbing for me.
Too bad I started on paper-towel dispenser some considerable fight from the floor.
Good thing I started on paper-towel dispenser then.
Few sec inside the mechanism and towers spill to the ground making a convenient ladder for me to walk on.
On the floor I find an eye symbol and I talk to silverfish.
It tells me about making a smoking cig butt on the urinal fall onto the papers and burn them making smoke detector go off and waking Eddie up.
Theres also a fat rat in the wall that kills me.
Silverfish also mentions a crack in the mirror.
When I get there, Im inside a medical cabinet! Who would have thought?
Anyway, I look around and come to realize, that Eddie is sick.
I knew he has trouble sleeping, thats what sleeping pills scattered around are for.
But there were also Propanolol and Nitroglycerin pills inside cabinet. Both of those are used for treating Angina and similar heart conditions.
Eddie's also not a /fit/izen, so Im pretty sure I'm right about it.
There is a slit in the wall inside cabinet for used razorblades. Is that a common thing? Just dumping used razorblades inside your walls?
Anyway, there is quite a sizable cheap of them there, just waiting to fall down.
And considering that rat-hole is directly beneath us, that fucker is going to be in a world of pain.
That will teach him to stop eating my roach buddies!

But before that, I'll check whats behind bathroom doors.
Rats can wait.
>>
Hah!
What I thought were a doors OUT of bathroom, were actually a doors INTO the crapper!
And on a used piece of toilet paper, another eye symbol.
One of the ants walking around said it straightforward. I should goto cabinet, into the wall, and drop those razorblades onto the fucker.
Will do buddy, will do.
Also, remember kids, toilet seats may be slippery, so be careful to not fall inside.
>>
File: dead.png (265KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
265KB, 640x480px
Bombs away, motherfucker!
Yeah, from the sounds of it, he should be in AT LEAST five different pieces.
Don't you love that sound? The sound of used razorblades cutting into the flesh, and screams of pain, anguish and suffering of your enemies?
Its strangely..... cleansing.
Like, you feel your problems..... disappear.
Anyway, When leaving cabinet, I saw Eddie take a piss, and leave a burning cig butt on top of urinal.
Checking on rat, yeah.
Fucker's dead as shit.
Lots of stuff scattered around.
Wat.
Three rings and a marble opened a passage inna wall.
OK.
Aaaand inside is Angelina! Telling us that we killed rat king, that there's no obstacle we couldn't overcome if we put our mind to it, that there's a solution to every problem we face.
And to go and burn those towels with cig butt.

And we're inside a wall again, with some piping, if I see correctly. Gotta get to the urinal somehow.
But that's for tomorrow, goodnight!
>>
File: Fish.jpg (124KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fish.jpg
124KB, 640x480px
>>2815878
>some other roach in poetry explained to me that vacuum cleaner is up to no good
>>2817126
>I come to realize that following other roaches it good idea.
>>2817182
>That also means that our unconscious body is lying upstairs on the floor
>>2819597
>Eddie sleeps on money.
>>2819693
>Slug told me that I need to make Eddie fall asleep
>>2821375
>Anyway, I look around and come to realize, that Eddie is sick. I knew he has trouble sleeping, thats what sleeping pills scattered around are for. But there were also Propanolol and Nitroglycerin pills inside cabinet.
>>2821494
>Fucker's dead as shit.

OP, just wanted to say I'm lovin' this. Reliving all these weird and novel moments through someone else's eyes is really cool, I'm glad people still enjoy this game and all the attention to detail it got. Keep it up, you're making good progress.
>>
>>2823023
Thanks.
>>
One more time.

After going throu piping I find myself in the kitchen.
That would be all fine and dandy, but I have bathroom to burn down.
Oh.
Now I feel stupid.
Urinal is NOT totally surrounded by water, I can climb it.
There's a article on an infoboard.
Ok, wow.
Eddie has some serious troubles.
On top of lack of sleep and health problems, they want to tear down his bar to make a place for some new houses. They do this all over the neighborhood, scaring away hobos and anything that could ruin the visage of it.
He cant even get a credit for renovation.
He also got suspended from serving alco in there, and bar without alco wont make any money.
And besides that, on the kitchen floor there was notice that he has to pay over 700$ or else they shut the gas and electricity.

It seems like he really needs money.

I think I know exactly why Angelina is doing to all this.
>>
I tried playing this game recently, I got stuck somewhere and stopped playing because it's fucking disgusting. I should try again, though.
>>
I actually have no idea how to drop this burning cig butt onto the towels.
I sits securely in the ash-pod.
I guess that I have to do something else beforehand. In the last vision of Angelina, I saw kitchen sink, and Im sure it was kitchen sink because of the wall texture and color. It might be tied together somehow.
I'll go to kitchen now and investigate.
>>
I can get to the kitchen by pipes in the rathole from bathroom.
Additionally, all rooms seem connected by grates in the floor. Convenient.
Everything is dusted with ani-insect chalk or powder, so I cant climb anything really. Doors are guarded by cat.
Floor is freshly cleaned and there is a mop propped on the counter. Bingo.
Holly shit, was Eddie trying to mix a salad without a bowl? It certainly looks like it!
Here's the fish from >>2823023.
Hm. I could stop the blades if I was heavier. Spoon goes in and stops the blades, but how.
Woah! Eddie surely tries to cock as much as he can before they cut his gas.
And Im trapped. I rescues smaller roach/ insect /whatever, carrying it on my back makes me heavier, so I could drop the spoon, but Im blocked.
Ok, I turned of the flames so I could pass.
The only problem now is that gas is still going.
On notice they said that gas will be cut off on 12? I surely hope its soon.
Also, water heaters cause gas explosion.

I dont really know what to do about this gas, so I'll just go on.
Next room!
>>
Im at the bar.
Theres a fish and lots of photos.
Wow.Eddies life was... full of highs and lows, I guess.
Inside fish I find woodworms telling me to drink liquor in certain order.
I get to the counter. Cats on the floor, so thats a no-no.
I find some recipes, including a drink called 'Bad Mojo'.
Im gonna guess thats the one Im looking for.
Granadine, Blue curacao, Brandy & vodka.
Hey, its Angelina again.
Warning me that every action has a consequences. I think shes talking about this gas I left running. I either have to stop explosion, or warn Eddie to get out of there.

Also, that theory that Eddie is my father I found so unlikely? Well, it looking more and more likely every minute.
Next room.
>>
Hey! Its my room!
Ad its that cat again. Fuuuuuuu
I have two messages, one from some women about meeting, Other from what I think was one of the guys that helped me stole the money. Someone is asking some hot questions. Duh!
Anyway, after activating a fan that pushes some paper int fax machine, I create fax bridge!
After alot of weird shit, Im almost certain that Eddie is my father. We both had fucked-up lives.
after scaring cat away, Im too tired to continue.
However, I feel that were closing in to the end.
>>
>>2824671
>Wow.Eddies life was... full of highs and lows, I guess.
Mostly lows... :( And Sams himself knows all about lows, of course.
Bar theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U2bWA47zB8
>>
Another bump
>>
pmub
>>
Ok guys, I think I might got stuck.
After getting rid of cat, I got a close look at my ugly face and listened Angie talk about a crevice near the door, something fanblades and a fuse.
And I have no idea what to do next.
I cant find a crevice. Is it the pipe next to desk that acts as a grate?
What fanblades? There is a fan on the desk, I used it to feed a fax some paper.
And I figured that I have to set fuses into som sort of combination, but I have no idea what that combination is or where to find it.
Inside grate, where I can go directly to any room, there is one pipe still closed, so I guess theres one more room to explore.

And I still have to drop that burning cig butt onto the paper towels inna bathroom to make a smoke alarm go off and wake Eddie, and I just dont know how! I cant push it, I tried loosing up pushpins pining some newspaper clippings above and it doesn't work!

I think I need some help with this one,
Any non-spoilery advice anyone can give?
Any pointers what to look at? Where to go?
>>
>>2821494
The blade is in the wrong direction.
>>
>>2828615
Ah, seems like you're stuck in that inescapable moment of adventure games where you can't make any progress so you start revisiting every location and activate every device blindly.

Remember this?
>>2817150
>After avoiding few paint currents, I stumble upon an electric fuses and counters, I think.
>Heh, if I run on the fuse, I can increase counter!

And this:
>>2824640
>Hm. I could stop the blades if I was heavier. Spoon goes in and stops the blades, but how.
>Ok, I turned of the flames so I could pass.
>The only problem now is that gas is still going.

Also, have you ever taken a ride on a butterfly's back? They're pretty chill insects.
>>
Ok, lets do this.
>>
File: GOATMosaic.jpg (299KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
GOATMosaic.jpg
299KB, 920x920px
Actually, it's one of my all time favourite games. I glad it hasn't been forgotten.

I love the concept and it's backed up by unique and interesting gameplay with a wonderfully dirty art design.
>>
Ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!
OK!
I FUCKING FOUND IT!
There was a ventilation thingy I had to go throu to proceed! Thats where the fanblades are, probably.
Fuck! The one screen I apparently did not visit previously when scouting.
I'm SOOOO mad right now for wasting my time on aimless wandering. Mad more on myself than anything else really, but still.
I just hope the rest will proceed smoothly.
>>
Ok, so I'm in the actual BATHroom, with a bath inside. A bath inside which Eddie tried to burn some papers? Documents?

Oh, It appears to be my research thing on roaches? And a photo of young Eddie?
Did Samms knew that man on the photo was his father? I'm assuming that its photo that was faxed to me before that letter from that foundation reuniting families.
Well, Eddie changed unrecognizably since then, so I see why Samms didn't made a connection.

That's it? Im unable to do anything else here.
Ill try to go to the medallion again and see if anything changed.
>>
Ok, there's ANOTHER ventilation grate, this one blows air.

So, I have to go to the fusebox and ... do what exactly? Set counter to 0 for my room? Thats not really how electrical counters work, but sure, lets do this.
>>
I've set everything I could to 0.
Now, lets see....
Nope. Didn't work.
What now?
I know that I have to input some kind of combination on the electric counter to stop the fan in the vent(I think), but I don't know said combination, and I have no idea where to find that combination.
Am I even on the right track with this?
Another option would be to blow the fuse, even tho Angie said 'don't blow your fuse'.
That should cause lack of electricity in the whole room.
Now how to blow the fuse.....
There is a desk fan in the room I can kinda shortcircut into working, maybe this combined with something, like right number on the counter for that specific room....
That will be a pain in the ass to do.
Going between two rooms up to 10 times.... shit.
>>
Fuck this shit, I'm out for today.
>>
>>2834319
>Eddie changed unrecognizably since then
Young Eddie is actually played by the same guy playing Roger Samms.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.