[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: PitfallTheMayanAdventure.jpg (538KB, 1152x589px) Image search: [Google]
PitfallTheMayanAdventure.jpg
538KB, 1152x589px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5hM-gBrcBE

Another platformer similar to Claw, similarly beautiful in art direction, and even more similar with unrelenting difficulty. Claw is more fluid while Pitfall has this frustrating delay in actions which make it even more frustrating.

You can find it for download everywhere, but unfortunately no sound or music on newer systems unless you run in compability mode for Windows 95, although this frezees up the exe, at least in my case. Which is a shame since music is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHUiiXDfZ4

Genesis ROM works just fine, but the graphics are toned down so I opted for PC version.
>>
File: JrHU3Wy.jpg (1MB, 3264x2444px) Image search: [Google]
JrHU3Wy.jpg
1MB, 3264x2444px
>mrw finally beating jaguar twins
>>
bump for brutal wheel in copan temple finish line. lost six lives after going through the entire level. and those f'in bats.

mfw ten more levels to go.
>>
>>2813628
I was more Bermuda Syndrome back then.
>>
>>2813628
I haven't played this in years. When I was young, I was too shit to get to the level with the original game.
>>
>>2816369
In the Lost City of Copan level it's right there on a ledge at the start of the level. Pretty easy to get.
>>
File: 1431559067283.jpg (28KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
1431559067283.jpg
28KB, 312x400px
>that ending
>>
Speaking of Claw, is there a good torrent out there?
>>
>>2818649
http://kapitanpazur.piasta.pl/en/downloads.html
>>
File: LakamulRainForest.png (92KB, 1920x985px) Image search: [Google]
LakamulRainForest.png
92KB, 1920x985px
Finally beat Copan Temple Wheel. Noticed that the number of steps on the stairway is three instead of four like on Sega. Now completely lost in Lakamul Rain Forest. Such a great game.
>>
I remember this on the GBA. Could never make it far since there was no saving unless I was to young to process the idea of password saves or something.
>>
How's the SNES version? I use to play my cousin's PC version when I was a kid, and I've been thinking of playing the game again now that I have a flashcart.
>>
>>2813634
You can skip them entirely if you use the chilli pepper power-up to jump over the bit of floor that triggers the encounter. At least in the snes version.
>>
>>2819639
No saves either on PC version. Just progress saves on those Mayan idols throughout level.
>>2819762
From YouTube walkthroughs it seems SEGA and SNES have toned down graphics, not as colorful or clear as PC version. Also some additional mechanics like wall jumps, at least on SEGA, although maybe PC has these as well and I'm too dumb to figure it out + different icons.
>>2819779
Tried it multiple times but it doesn't seem to work on PC? Can't reach it.
>>
>>2819762
Also people mentioned different quality music/sound effects on SEGA/SNES but these don't work on PC anyway, at least not on Win7, so I can't compare. I'm actually playing while listening to level game music through YouTube on repeat :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4F25840A6F57065D
>>
>>2819793
You can't reach the other side in one jump. You have to land right under the ledge on the other side (almost touching the wall) and then, while the power-up is still active, jump again and curve around the small bit of ledge jutting out above you. You have to make sure not to walk too far into the center of the pit where the fight takes place as you start the second jump.
>>
>>2819810
I've tried that as well, it didn't work. But I admit, I haven't spent more time trying it out. I'll try again. Still, the fight is easy if you understand the pattern + five exploding stones will suffice. Main problem are the control/movement, the enemies are ADHD on power sugar cocaine, and Pitfall Harry has this split second delay which you must include in your actions.
>>
>>2819779
Tried it now, it doesn't work in PC version. You can jump on the ledge above, but the screen doesn't move left to the exit. I don't know if this is because I triggered the jaguar, although it automatically wakes up once you're on the platform, regardless if you jump far left or in the center.
>>
File: jaguar twins skip.webm (1MB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar twins skip.webm
1MB, 256x224px
>>2820693
Well, this is what the skip looks like on snes anyway.
>>
File: jaguar twins skip.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jaguar twins skip.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>2822703
Whoops. One more try with this webm thing.
>>
>>2822715
Ledge on the left, the one with the exit. On the PC version, you can jump on it with the pepper working, but the screen doesn't move to the exit.

Mind it, I see that you didn't woke up the jaguar boss, maybe that's the trick? I'll try it out again, although I'm sure I did jump far away from him as I could.
>>
>>2822749
Also, levels after that one get really easy, up until Tikal Ruins boss, which I'm stuck at, but I don't think it will be a problem after few more tries. There was one guy talking about enemies that kill you in one hit, what was that about, haven't encountered any like that unless you count tar pits?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.