[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney /vr/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Was there a bad Disney game?
>>
Fantasia on Sega Genesis
>>
>>2813129
didnt they recall that one?
>>
Pretty sure most of the non Capcom/Sega stuff wasn't that amazing.
>>
>>2813195

Pretty much.

Sega and Capcom games are legit great games.

Virgin and Disney Interactive Studio games are OK, some have pretty nice visuals, but the gameplay and design is hit and miss.

Then there's Fantasia which is probably the worst. It was published by Sega, but developed by Infogrames.
>>
>>2813129
mickey's ultimate challenge a bunch of minigames
>>
File: Quak%20Shot%20-%20Ingame[1].gif (14KB, 320x224px) Image search: [Google]
Quak%20Shot%20-%20Ingame[1].gif
14KB, 320x224px
>>2813129
Yes.
>Quackshot
A couple years ago I started building my own Mega Drive library, buying all the games I wanted and I wanted Castle of Illusion. Found out there's a 2 in 1 cartridge with this game so I got that and gave it a try.

Of course it's a major piece of shit, it's annoying as fuck and I couldn't play it longer than 20 minutes. What the fuck is this game and why is it tacked onto my Castle of Illusion?
>>
>>2813269
sounds like you can't handle the plunger game
>>
>>2813269
Quackshot is an adquired taste, I didn't like it at first either.
>>
>>2813269
I love Quackshot to death, wish I could experience it for the first time again. It's a bit of an adventure game, you collect items by talking to people and use them in the last screen of every level.
>>
>>2813269
http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/donaldduck/donaldduck3.htm
>>
>>2813269

Holy shit that's some bad taste.

I bet you got stuck and never even found the red plunger.
>>
>>2813275
>Quackshot is an adquired taste
Oh, of course it is. Clearly I didn't like it and I'm unwilling to force myself to like it.
>>2813278
>http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/donaldduck/donaldduck3.htm
Doesn't change the fact I would much rather have a similar platforming than this awkward game design they put into it revolving around finding items. IIRC the controls were somewhat problematic as well.

>>2813279
>Holy shit that's some bad taste.
>I bet you got stuck and never even found the red plunger.
I can't remember whether I got stuck or not, so for the sake of argument, let's say you're right and I didn't play the game correctly. Doesn't change the fact that I didn't like how it played in the first place thus didn't feel like it would be worth it to learn. Like I said, I would've much rather get a straight up platformer.
>>
File: 53f9741d9f9ed_161347b.jpg (259KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
53f9741d9f9ed_161347b.jpg
259KB, 1500x1125px
>>
>>2813286
You'll be much better off playing Maui Mallard honestly, it's a lot better anyway.
>>
>>2813286

The controls are actually fine, albeit a bit slow, all the enemies placements and patterns are designed in a way that it works with how Donald controls. Also, you can dive by pressing down+jump, which helps a lot for dodging or going faster.

But you're right on one thing, it's not a straight plarformer, it's a platformer/adventure hybrid.
>>
File: 1041635414-00.jpg (29KB, 305x208px) Image search: [Google]
1041635414-00.jpg
29KB, 305x208px
>>2813293
>he doesn't like tiger handhelds
>>
File: Mickey Mousecapade (U).jpg (15KB, 200x275px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey Mousecapade (U).jpg
15KB, 200x275px
Mickey's Adventures in Numberland and Mickey's Safari in Letterland comes to mind but given they are edutainment games for children it isn't fair to compare them to "normal" games. Pic related on the other hand qualifies.
>>
>>2813410
What's wrong with that game? Never seemed too awful when I played it.
>>
>>2813417
To be fair the game isn't awful but it just isn't that good either. One thing wrong with it is that it's packaging has Capcom logo all over it meaning you expect it to be as good as Duck Tales or any of the other Disney games for NES from Capcom are but in reality the game is developed by Hudson Soft and only published by Capcom which shows in a bad way.
>>
>>2813269

find the tallest building in your town, climb to the top, and jump off.
>>
>>2813129
The controls of the Aladdin PC game really suck when compared to the megadrive version.
>>
>>2813129
World of Illusion was pretty shit, most of the snes ones suck too.
>>
>>2813216

Even that one was pretty fun if you don't expect it to be another Magical Quest.
>>
>>2813304
Not him but MM was horrible. Annoying camera change whenever you change directions, unclear what you can/cannot jump/stand on, unclear goals, and poor controls. Quackshot is infinitely better, but still only a 7/10. I couldn't even get further than level 2 in MM without having to turn it off.
>>
>>2813195
Travellers Tales made some decent games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVPPOBwfhhk&index=3&list=PL9FB6753760993B2F
>>
Adventures in the Magic Kingdom?
>>
>>2813759
You're right about the camera being weird when you turn but otherwise it's just the usual shit you get to expect when dealing with a Western platformer. Would suggest at least getting through the second level before giving up, and play it on SNES instead of Genesis which honestly has really confusing level layouts.

It can't compete with Capcom's classics, true, but I'd argue Maui Mallard comes out on top of Mickey Mania and everything Virgin shat out.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.