[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which PS1 RPGs are still worth playing today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: Gon.jpg (112KB, 900x1150px) Image search: [Google]
Gon.jpg
112KB, 900x1150px
Which PS1 RPGs are still worth playing today?
>>
imo...

FF7, FF9, Legend of Mana, Star Ocean Second Story, Suikoden 1&2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Chrono Cross

but there's probably more I forgot
>>
Suikoden II
Wild ARMs 2
LUNAR 1 + 2
Grandia
Valkyrie Profile
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve
>>
>>2812119
None of them. They weren't worth playing back then either.
>>
Shin Megami Tensei and the Persona games.

Not the officially released in thr US Persona games however. They uh. They fucked up.
>>
If I had to pick 5 must play ps1 rpgs I'd say FFT, FF7, Valkyrie Profile, Parasite Eve, Suikoden 2.
>>
>>2812119
I'm going to second >>2812135 and >>2812136
but also add in Persona 2, Azure Dreams, SaGa Frontier and SaGa Frontier II. I'd normally say Dragon Quest VII as well, but with the remake coming out, it's actually skippable.
>>
bumping I need to know which JRPGs on the PS1 are good and not grinding-obsessed dreck.
>>
>>2812119
I really enjoy Wild Arms 1+2 despite their weirdness as well as Legend of Legaia for creating a fun atmosphere.
>>
How about PS1 rpgs that are available for the Vita?? I currently just downloaded VagrantStory and FrontMission3.
>>
>>2814987
ff8
>>
File: odessasilverberg02.gif (42KB, 278x320px) Image search: [Google]
odessasilverberg02.gif
42KB, 278x320px
>>2815058

Suikoden and Suikoden 2, and then not retro. And then not retro tactics.

All of them. ALL OF THEM! EVEN NOT RETRO 4!
>>
Every single PS1 game aged terribly. It's best to just forget the console ever existed.
>>
>>2815083
>implying game can age

please go back to /v/

oh wait this place is just /v/ 2.0 now. Never mind.
>>
>>2812119

pretty much all of them except for Legend of Dragoon, Legend of Legaia and a few other ones that were never good and not worth mentioning.

SNES and PS1 were the golden era of JRPGs.
>>
>>2812119
Megaman Legends
>>
>>2812119

Suikoden I and II, Breath of Fire 3 and 4, Lunar 1 and 2, FFVII, VIII, IX, Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, Star Ocean Second Story, Valkyrie Profile, Dragon Quest VII, Beyond the Beyond, Xenogears, SaGa Frontier 1 and 2, Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy Tactics... there's a ton more also but meh.
>>
I don't really get the appeal of Lunar. Tried the first one out, got a couple hours into it. Just felt kinda generic, and the voice acting was pretty awful.

What's the appeal?
>>
>>2815083

...loading...

...loading...

...cutscene...

...loading...

...loading...
>>
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean 2
Suikoden 1 and 2
Vagrant Story
Parasite Eve

>>2816757
Sometimes people just want to play a predictable traditional JRPG; just look at the success of the Dragon Quest series. Lunar is also pretty well-polished and lacks any particularly substantial flaws.

I didn't find it particularly memorable, but I can see the appeal.
>>
>>2812146
I don't really see any problem between Revelations: Persona and Person 1's PSP release, I enjoy both the original setup and the PSP's redone music. It's very interesting how what really just amounts to a change in the BGM affects the tone and feel of the game, though.

The PSP remake tends to use softer sound effects, and a more upbeat playlist, while R:P uses things like a very heavy, metallic sounding menu sound effect, and a darker music theme. Compare the final boss in both games, despite really being the same thing visually and thematically, and see how both fights feel very different.
>>
Suikoden 1 & 2
FF 7, 8, 9, Tactics
Vagrant Story
Paraite Eve
Chrono Cross
Valkyrie Profile
Breath Of Fire 4
Grandia
Vandal Hearts 2

I probably forgot some, but these should keep you occupied
>>
>>2816780
>didn't buy a PS2
>didn't buy a PS3
>chrissakes, didn't even buy a PSOne

What kind of dumb shit are you?
>>
>>2812119
breath of fire 3
>>
>>2818259
I meant the NA localization is balls.
>>
>>2818291
Well, something like 12 seconds loading of the battle in FF9 is unskippable.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.