[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you like this controller? For a long time I think it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: s-l1600[1].jpg (232KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
232KB, 1600x1200px
How did you like this controller?
For a long time I think it was the best you could get for pc. It was obnoxious MS had 100 products named sidewinder.
>>
>>2811819
I used to own one of those. D-Pad was kinda a shit, but decent for the games I played with it. The whole tilt function was a nice enough novelty, but I don't think I used it all that much.

In general I was using my joysticks more.
>>
There are much better options nowadays since you can hook your console controllers to a pc with the right connectors.
>>
File: sidewinder.jpg (92KB, 1023x829px) Image search: [Google]
sidewinder.jpg
92KB, 1023x829px
i had this one. it was ok.
>>
I had the gameport one.
Remember gameport?
How come this is a retro board and nobody ever talks about the goddamn gameport?
Motherfuckin' Gravis gamepad up ins.
Goddamn Sidewinder and shit, can only touch three buttons at a time because of the interrupts.
Get out of here with your Thrustmaster.
May as well be using the keyboard.
No. I don't miss it.
>>
I loved that you could daisy chain them for multiplayer. Worst thing I ever did though was play TIE Fighter with one, precision flying was hard as fuck.
>>
>>2811819
Dem Duke buttons
>>
>>2812541
>goddamn gameport
Because it's an obsolete old hunk of shit outclassed fully by USB.
>>
File: 51BZE86FQGL._SL500_AA300_[1].jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51BZE86FQGL._SL500_AA300_[1].jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>2811819
That's because sidewinder was the product line, one they've recently rebooted for mice since the people using controllers on pc's has become less the norm.

Not just controllers either though, I have a sidewinder game voice sitting on my desk right now. Mostly just use it as a audio jack extender.
>>
>>2812541
>How come this is a retro board and nobody ever talks about the goddamn gameport?
Because /vr/ is a retro board for high schooler.
>>
>Not using a gravis game pad

Haah waaw
>>
>>2815594
>gameport typically on the backside of the computer
>limited number of inputs if I recall
With USB I can get an adapter to use a Saturn, SNES or NES Advantage controller, the ports are usually somewhere on the front and they all gladly accept multi-adapters.

I don't miss the gameport because USB can do everything it did for me.

>>2815605
Didn't that only have like four buttons and a D-pad? It'll do for NES, Gameboy and Master System I suppose, but beyond that it gets tricky.
>>
>>2811819

Dude I completely forgot about this controller... I totally had one and it lasted forever.
>>
File: 508px-NetworkTopologies.svg.png (53KB, 508x249px) Image search: [Google]
508px-NetworkTopologies.svg.png
53KB, 508x249px
>>2811819
the mode button should have been put somewhere out of the way, next to the pass through maybe, but i guess they went for style over function. still, being able to toggle between the pad itself and the pass-through was pretty handy in the days of reaching around the back of the pc to swap plugs

im curious if anyone ever did daisy chain 4 of them, and if so, what did they play?

pic related i suppose
>>
I have one since I was 8, and I still hate it.
All buttons feel ok, but that directional, man.
>>
>>2813320
I also played TIE Fighter with one, it wasn't pretty but I probably had the cheats on anyway.

I played Super Metroid for the first time with one of these, so I'll always have a soft spot for it even if it sucked.
>>
>>2817163
i only ever connected two, and it was for jazz jackrabbit 2, so my sister and I could play.
fun times
>>
>>2817163
I recall daisy chaining three of them to play split screen Serious Sam. I can't believe we actually managed to beat it using buttons for freelook.
>>
>>2811819

I liked the Gravis gamepad better back in the days. I bought mine at Babbages at the mall around 1992.
>>
>>2819125
Same.
I had the sidewinder and the dpad was bad.
>>
>>2811875
I still have this one and the D-pad is kinda shitty.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.